AFL Player # 8: Ben "Goblin" Hobbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Fascinating pick. Excited to have him at the club,

For probably the past decade, drafting the absolute best inside mid would have been a Bigfooty wet dream. But after the rise of Parish and Merrett, both breaking the top 10 in the comp for disposals, it seems like a pick one season too late.

But, that's not the case at all. Contested possessions and clearances are still a weak point for us. Parish is top 10 in both of those categories, but then there's a big gap. And we saw later in the season when Parish is tagged, Merrett had to step up and help on the inside, but this isn't ideal as his class outside is too good to waste. This completely opens up our midfield for guys to do what they do best.

The player I'm most worried about now is Shiel. With Caldwell coming back as well, how he fits into the rotation is harder to see.

Pure inside mid, is a leader and will come in and give 100% every second he’s at the club. You can just tell he’s a finals type player that won’t take a backwards step. Welcome hobba.

He’ll be wearing the #8 had it on the back of his jumper tonight.
Jake Kelly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why would they present Hobbs with a #8 jumper if he’s not wearing it, could easily just give him a blank. Itd be like JHF getting presented with 6 and then saying you’re wearing 25.
I didn't realise there was a presentation. My apologies

Id be happy to play as

Langford - Shiel - Zerrett (N.Cox)
Caldwell - HJ - Snelling (Perkins)
Tippa - P.Wright - Stringer
Draper - Parish - Mcgrath (Hobbs)

Basically means no Durham, Francis, Dev Smith, Baldwin, Guelfi, Waterman

Hes ready to go and from what i see he should be playing round 1

Alot of Selwood from highlights i just saw

The new, improved, prime, Crichton medal season version (and some) Devon Smith. Will bring some good sandpaper to our midfield and also hit the scoreboard.

(without the brain farts/reckless play/conceding 50’s current version of Devon Smith)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back