A-LEAGUE ROUND 2-Newcastle Jets V Perth Glory (SUN 3pm KO EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Sunday, 20 October 2013
Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory
Hunter Stadium, Newcastle

Kick-off: 3:00pm AEDT
Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referee 1: Nathan MacDonald
Assistant Referee 2: Ryan Gallagher
Fourth Official: Adam Gehrig
TV Broadcast: 3.00pm (AEDT) Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sports 1 (New Zealand).
Radio Broadcast: 3.00pm (AEDT) Live broadcast on ABC 1233 Newcastle, ABC 720 Perth, ABC Local Radio Western Australia, Grandstand Digital Perth and Online/Mobile phone app
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #NEWvPER
To purchase tickets visit www.aleague.com.au/tickets
Newcastle Jets Squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 4. Kew JALIENS, 6. Zenon CARAVELLA, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH, 10. Nathan BURNS, 11. Craig GOODWIN, 12. Connor CHAPMAN, 13. Joey GIBBS, 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 17. James VIRGILI 18. James BROWN, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Ben KENNEDY, 21. Sam GALLAWAY, 22. Adam TAGGART (two to be omitted)
Ins: Joey GIBBS (returns from illness), Michael BRIDGES (returns from injury)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: Emile HESKEY (knee - 3 to 4 weeks), Mitch COOPER (knee - long term).
Perth Glory Squad: 1. Daniel VUKOVIC (GK), 2. Jack CLISBY, 3. Brandon O'NEILL, 4. Ryan EDWARDS, 5. Steve PANTELIDIS, 6. Cameron EDWARDS, 7. Jacob BURNS, 8. Ryo NAGAI, 10. Jamie MACLAREN, 11. Adrian ZAHRA, 14. Steven MCGARRY, 16. Sidnei SCIOLA MORAES, 17. Chris HAROLD, 19. Joshua RISDON, 20. Daniel DE SILVA, 21. Scott JAMIESON, 23. Michael THWAITE, 30. Devon SPENCE (GK) (two to be omitted)
Ins: 19. Joshua RISDON, 23. Michael THWAITE,
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 9. Shane SMELTZ (hip - 3 weeks), 13. Travis DODD (knee - ongoing), 18. Jack DUNCAN (quad - 1 week), 15. Isaka CERNAK (hip - 3 weeks), 22. Ndumba MAKECHE (knee - 1 week)

If we can't get something in Newcastle against that team then we have problems. 1-1 or 1-0 will do me.

Thwaite is the big loss to the team so far this season, he'd be the one to guide O'Neill or keep (at least attempt) Pants in line.

Our full backs are one of our biggest strengths and both Risdon and Jamo were awful last week so they need to lift. As does Danny. It wasn't just O'Neill and Panto.

That was worse than Hitler.

Ryan Edwards. Can he be any more of a lazy ****? How many times did he break and he just casually strolled up without offering any support. McLaren's one on one, what was with that finish. Weak as piss. Zahra was out there yes?

We got a point, that's good but we were second guessing and (again) generally looking like a bunch of bunnies in the headlights. Have to do better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dreadful game.

My son has been asking me about going to see a Glory game shortly. After watching that, I said to my wife that I would not waste my money.

Jacob Burns is a complete knob. I cannot pay to go and watch a team where this guy is captain. He committed a foul early on yesterday and then spent 2 minutes mouthing off at the ref for giving a free kick. Then for the rest of the game, despite playing pretty well, he fouled, complained, fouled, complained.... Absolute meathead.

Glory very lucky not to concede a penalty too. Got away with one.

Just read this morning Glory might be about to get Gallas - that could change things for you guys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back