Aaron Davey

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know about everyone else here but I'm really looking forward to seeing how Aaron goes against us on Saturday. I've been a bit of a knocker of him, and don't believe he has a long term future in the AFL, but think he'll kick A big time in the Wiz so he'll be worth checking out. Neale Daniher was on SEN this morning and really pumped Davey up,mentioning him at every opportunity and I think he's latched onto what a player like Davey can do for a club. It's difficult to quantify ,but I believe that if Melbourne get to play 2 or 3 games in the Wiz or more (needless to say I hope they're knocked out first round!) then the exposure Davey gets, and the extraordinary things he will undoubtedly do under the limited pressure of the Wiz, could be worth 500 plus memberships to the Dees as people get really excited by his pace. A clever move by Melbourne and that's why I wish we had him. Still think he'll be delisted at the end of 2005 though!

Like Davey alot.. and will enjoy watching him on Saturday (against Eddie would be good..;))- however, I think that Eddie will end up being better.. sounds like he has a more complete game.

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
Like Davey alot.. and will enjoy watching him on Saturday (against Eddie would be good..;))- however, I think that Eddie will end up being better.. sounds like he has a more complete game.

Go Roos

Eddie will have a long career, you can bet your bottom dollar on that. He has the aspects that Davey lacks, in terms of toughness and versatility. A goalsneak who probably doesn't have the tools to play another role in the AFL probably won't last, as often they are a dime a dozen. I stand to be corrected, however.

I loved watching Davey run around at Port last year- very exciting. But this is a big step. I can't help but think of Durkhay - looked a real prospect, played a few good games and then, bye. Word at the Kangas was they don't think he will take the step.

Hope he does - we need exciting players like Aaron.

Interesting.

Flash will play along with McLean (the one that Laidley doesn't rate). Dees fans have an added incentive for watching more closely.

It would appear we're taking this game seriously, so we can have no excuses for losing on Saturday.

Who was the top level athlete that North stood up at the airport? It was mentioned on SEN this morning, any ideas?

I hope Aaron does really well.

Whether or not he will be a long term AFL is irrelivant IMO. He is a good kid who has a semi attachment to North, and as someone who thought he was worth a punt with a very late pick, I hope he shows a bit and gives Deano a bit of a headache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back