hall_aaron_o.png

DETAILS
JUMPER # 33
DOB: 9/11/1990
HEIGHT: 186cm
WEIGHT: 78kg
FORMER CLUB: Hobart

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/aaron-hall/

The 21-year-old from Hobart, flew up to the Gold Coast to train with the GC SUNS following the 2011 Draft and after impressing recruiters and coaches on the training track, Hall has been rewarded with a place on Gold Coast SUNS senior list.

The versatile Hall played in a number of positions for Hobart in 2011, starting the year as a forward before excelling late acrosshalfback, where he caught the attention of a number of AFL recruiting scouts in the final game of the year against Lauderdale.

Hall is the son of former Hobart premiership player and Sydney Swans draftee Dale.

I would think that Aaron will get a chance to prove his credentials in the NAB cup. With his size and physical attributes my guess he might be a chance to play on the half forward flank. He has the ability to kick goals and would be able to provide forward defensive pressure.

I would think that Aaron will get a chance to prove his credentials in the NAB cup. With his size and physical attributes my guess he might be a chance to play on the half forward flank. He has the ability to kick goals and would be able to provide forward defensive pressure.

He'll play in the NAB Cup. Unless injured, of course, but this would be a great chance to see how he'd go.

Fingers crossed he impresses enough to get picked as a regular in the H&A season. For my DT's sake. :p

A guy I work with is Aaron Hall (or Hally as he calls him)'s best mate. He said that after the game a couple of weeks ago when Hall got the two goals, Gary Ablett came up to him and said:

"You gotta stop running Azza, you're making me look slow!"

I know its only early days, but do you guys see Hall playing many senior games this year?

He's on the senior list, so I imagine he'd play ever game if fit. He's kinda a perfect fit for our forward line, medium sized player that most teams seem to have at least one. Him and Stanley will compliment our Talls quite well I think.

Would be nice if you could provide some insight from the guy you work with throughout the season!

Will definitely play if in form and fit, no question. A perfect body for us up forward and in the midfield, helping us out until Matera gets up to speed. I think in 2011 Matera had to do the whole small forward thing himself, which led to his break-down mid-season and subsequent injuries. Too much of a load for him alone. This year we not only have cover for him so we can ease him into it, but a partner in crime. Hall is incredibly deadly around the goals if given a chance.

He is quick off the mark though, and charges through the contests at pace.

Suns youngster Aaron Hall stars in NAB Cup clashes on Gold Coast.

HIS birth certificate says Tasmania but there is undoubtedly some Fijian flair in the way Gold Coast Suns find Aaron Hall goes about his work.

Hall, whose mother Naz is from Fiji, provided just a little spark on an otherwise dark, wet and windy evening last night at the Gold Coast's round of NAB mini-matches.

The pre-match hype was built around the return of former Lion Mitch Clark, now in Melbourne's blue and red, Brisbane captain Jonathan Brown's comeback from injury and the Suns underage recruit Jaeger O'Meara.

But Hall, delivered in the pre-season draft, inched close to an AFL debut with a busy night in front of coach Guy McKenna.

He booted two goals in his side's 26-23 win against the Demons and was dangerous again in the Suns' 18-16 loss to Brisbane.

Hall's pace and clean hands were obvious, and the way he worked off skipper Gary Ablett suggests he reads the game well.

588891-aaron-hall-kicks-a-goal-for-the-suns.jpg

Young Gold Coast recruit Aaron Hall on track for fame

Hall, snapped up in the pre-season draft with pick No.7, was as impressive as any debutant in the first round of the NAB Cup.

Here are my top five of the fresh faces who played at the weekend:

1: Aaron Hall (Gold Coast): A really good size, has blistering pace, appeared brave enough and his vision was elite. Gold Coast appears to have found a genuine bargain. SuperCoach: $106,600.

Had a really solid debut against Adelaide. Amazing effort for him to go from playing for Hobart last year to playing in the AFL in round 1 of the next season. Looked very impressive playing on the wing and through half forward after a bit of a slow start. Looking forward to seeing how he goes against the Saints.

Was rated amongst Gold coasts best in the Sydney Morning Herald:

Best Players: Adelaide: Thompson, Mackay, Reilly, Sloane, Dangerfield, Walker, Tippett, Callinan. Gold Coast: Ablett, Bennell, Brennan, Hall.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-match-centre/live-coverage-gold-coast-v-adelaide-20120331-1w517.html#ixzz1qlY1O7u9

Another pretty decent game from Hall. His set shot goal at a crucial stage of the game was his highlight for me. Also laid some hand tackles. He looks most dangerous in the forward line, his composure with the ball further up the ground might need a little work. It is only his third game, but he had a little trouble hitting targets. I think he is showing enough to keep his spot in the side at the moment.

Watched a bit of the reserves game against the Thunder on youtube, thought Hall looked really good. He has added a massive work rate to his flashy play style since coming to the Suns. He was played through the midfield and provided good run. Still lacking a bit of cleanliness with his possession. His kicking is probably the weakest part of his game now, but I am sure he can improve on that if he keeps showing the same willingness to work hard on his game that he has so far.

Did some good things in Round 11 vs St Kilda. From his limited disposals, most of them were effective. Thought his hands were terrific, but he still tends to either over or under kick the ball when trying to spot up a target. Nevertheless, his snapped goal in the first quarter and his around the body kick to set up Hickey in the third quarter displayed some of the mercurial skills that got him recruited from Hobart. He ran out the game really well too, providing an excellent linking run through the midfield in the final term that ended in a gold coast shot at goal.

Probably still lacking a little hardness when going for tackles at this level, which is surprising, because he was a pretty solid tackler in the slower paced TSL. Having said that, he is still only a first year player and is showing good signs of development with each game. Should have done enough to keep his spot for round 12.

Did some good things in Round 11 vs St Kilda. From his limited disposals, most of them were effective. Thought his hands were terrific, but he still tends to either over or under kick the ball when trying to spot up a target. Nevertheless, his snapped goal in the first quarter and his around the body kick to set up Hickey in the third quarter displayed some of the mercurial skills that got him recruited from Hobart. He ran out the game really well too, providing an excellent linking run through the midfield in the final term that ended in a gold coast shot at goal.

Probably still lacking a little hardness when going for tackles at this level, which is surprising, because he was a pretty solid tackler in the slower paced TSL. Having said that, he is still only a first year player and is showing good signs of development with each game. Should have done enough to keep his spot for round 12.

I thought Hall was in the better half of the the GCS against St Kilda. It would be surprising if he does not hold his spot against North Melbourne,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall excels as Suns fall short.
AS much as boom West Australian recruit Jack Martin continues to excite the Suns, another talent unearthed last year is starting to show serious signs of improvement.

Former Tasmanian Aaron Hall, the part-Fijian who started with a bang last year at the Suns before fading as the season wore on, is showing he may be finally starting to work his way into the scene.

Defensive-minded Hall firing around goals.
SINCE starting as the substitute against Fremantle in the side’s Round 6 clash at Metricon Stadium, Aaron Hall has tallied the most pressure acts for a small forward in the AFL – and he says he isn’t planning on giving up that title any time soon.

“I go and see Dean Solomon and Mark Riley, our defensive and offensive coaches, each week and we continually look at the defensive side of my game,”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back