About yday..

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Wonder what the deal is with Darcy dropping out of the ruck when he did and heading down fwd? We were able to capitalise on his departure and Brown got good taps which led to those goals late in the thrid q. Darcy then moved back up into the centre but by that stage the momentum was with us.

I wonder if it was a coaching move or he decides when to go, because it was a poor coaching move in hindsight.

Brown was a revlation in the ruck and Laids move was great iniative as was Digby coming on in place of Rocca. Rocca only came back on at the end because of the blood rule, so he was in the right place at the right time.

Wells, Harris and Harding are gonna be guns in a year or so when their confidence grows.

A most enjoyable game, esp. when the Dogs supporters started sooking hard at the end.

Gaso

Originally posted by Angus1
Corey Jones is the best of them.
Has been in great form all year but now he has his kicking boots on.:cool:

Agree with you there Angus. Jones has been sensational this year, and he will keep on improving once he gains a bit more experience.

would of had more experience under his belt if it wasnt for the foot fractures last yr, he is making up for lost time now.

Originally posted by mighty mick
would of had more experience under his belt if it wasnt for the foot fractures last yr, he is making up for lost time now.

Damn straight. There was a lot of Jones hating at the start of the year, you don't hear much from people now. I never understood this as he showed a fair bit in 2001, it was only last year that the injury stuffed him up, but 10 weeks out of football would do that to you. Drumroll....I reckon in the post Stevo / Archer / Kingy era Jones will be in our top 5 players (big prediction!).

Originally posted by Archer_11
Damn straight. There was a lot of Jones hating at the start of the year, you don't hear much from people now. I never understood this as he showed a fair bit in 2001, it was only last year that the injury stuffed him up, but 10 weeks out of football would do that to you. Drumroll....I reckon in the post Stevo / Archer / Kingy era Jones will be in our top 5 players (big prediction!).

I rate him highly, but hopefully we have blokes to go past him. He will be sensational for us (ultimately as an onballer IMO), but I think we will have a few blokes who will be genuine champions.

I know it is only 3 games into a career, but Watson has top 5 in the comp written all over him. 20, even 30 games into a young guys career, you can forgive the odd fumble, the odd miss kick due to pressure. The way this kid steps away from pressure, takes every single ball with clean hands and hits every single target he wants to tells me he is going to be better than outstanding.

If he meant that kick out of a pack to Stevo in the last, he will win 12 Brownlows.

I am so excited...!!!
Look what we have to look forward to, JYD has developed and given oppertunities to young guns [Jones, Harding, Harris, D.Motlop at times, Petrie a champion over head, watson and many more] My best mate, an Essendon supporter and Hird lover told me Jones was the worst kick at Goal in the AFL, bet he is wishing he never said that now after I win 5 bucks for every goal he nailed and lose 5 for every behind. seems I came out on tops. haha go the roos we will crush the Tigers, and all you guys that live in Victoria get to the game, cause I live in Perth and still managed to fly over for ANZAC day weekend, loss to Carlton unfortunatly but still get there, and Perth fans, I will see you in round 13 as we break the Subi Hoo Doo!

Originally posted by NorthBhoy
I rate him highly, but hopefully we have blokes to go past him. He will be sensational for us (ultimately as an onballer IMO), but I think we will have a few blokes who will be genuine champions.

Agree. This is not to take anything away from Corey, but to win flags we are going to need to have those one or two players who are just genuine matchwinners in their own right, supplemented by a large group of 'good players'

Hopefully in this batch Simmo can step up still further. If he could become a 30 touch a week onballer that would help the young guys a lot.

As far as the next batch goes Petrie looks really good. PLayers who can take strong contested marks overhead are like golddust and he has shown this year that he can do that. And he's only 21! Harris looks like he could be a new Diesel and if Wells comes along like we think he will then he will be a huge matchup problem once he gets some bulk on him.

I still think we're a couple of key possie players away from being a real threat though. Hopefully Hale is as good as people say he is and if McIntosh can play as well at AFL level (once his body matures) as he does in the VFL I think we have a pretty good team to look forward to!

I look forward to not only winning, but playing all over teams. Last week was the first time in a while that I've seen a North team DOMINATE. Sure we only did it for a quarter and a half but hell, that was enough! It was exciting to watch and I look forward to a lot more of the same.

It will come in bursts at first, but it will come...

Exciting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back