Absolutely Disgusted

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Eago77
I wonder whether Matt Rendell is a big wrap for the kid, i'm sure he would have had something to do with getting him to Port (in the first place) and now to the Saints.

Well that is one link in the deal that nobody has bought up before and Rendell was in charge of Port's ruck team when Brooks was recruited............

Yes at the moment the deal seems a little harsh to accept but the real winner of this trade won't be known for a number of years.

If Brooks gets the chance to play at senior level for the Saints next year it is probably in his best interests to head down that path..............

Whether this trade will come back to haunt Port is something we won't really see for at least a couple of years - if at all.............

As much as Rendell might've been around the club at the time, he's never coached Barry, so I dunno that he'd have had that much influence in getting him to St Kilda

Originally posted by Porthos
As much as Rendell might've been around the club at the time, he's never coached Barry, so I dunno that he'd have had that much influence in getting him to St Kilda

Maybe not so much coached but would have known a lot more about the player than most others outside of Port.

Originally posted by dreamkillers
Maybe not so much coached but would have known a lot more about the player than most others outside of Port.
I don't see how....all teams have recruiters; he hasn't exactly spent a season watching him play, it would've been only a touch more contact than Barry had with any other coach in the league.

Originally posted by Porthos
I don't see how....all teams have recruiters; he hasn't exactly spent a season watching him play, it would've been only a touch more contact than Barry had with any other coach in the league.

But he may well have been the driving force behind Port orginally picking him up and could very well have done the same thing and gotten the Saints interested in him.

Originally posted by Macca19
Ive never ever been so ****ed off and disgusted at Port Adelaide ever before in my entire.

Why the **** would we give up Barry Brooks???

What the **** is going thru their heads at this moment??

I am that distressed its not funny. Why we would give up an 18 year old kid whos been a life long Port supporter with most of his family here after just one season of development is beyond me.

I ****in well give up!!!

Knowing that the club answers emails, im writing to them to outline my absolute disgust at getting rid of one of the best big men to come from the draft in the last few years.

Not ****ing Happy Port!!! :( :( :mad: :mad:

I understand how you feel Macca -I am so sorry this has happened! This should not have frellin' happened!!

I may not a Port supporter but as a North Adelaide supporter I have lost him too! :mad: :mad:

Barry was an amazing person and is going to be a Superstar!

I so hate the AFL Draft Bl***ysh*t!

Good luck with your e-mail to the club!

Shalom
Grogette (This is truly a black day!)

Originally posted by MightySaint

Who did you hear this from Port01? Was it a "credible" source or did someone ring up with a rumour?

I actually don't remember who it was, this morning was a bit of a haze.

Was someone being interviewed though, not a caller.

Originally posted by Port01

I actually don't remember who it was, this morning was a bit of a haze.

Was someone being interviewed though, not a caller.

Kool. If you guys hear anything more, even if just rumours, keep us informed :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back