Absolutely Ridiculous!

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a fair enough query I thought.

I didn't think it was right to drop him, but the thought crossed my mind.

His posession to minutes played ratio would be outstanding. Bout time Laids played him a bit more IMO.

Another reason not to drop Daniel Wells, not that the thought ever even crossed my mind. I remember last year getting flogged by Brisbane in Brisbane and on that night Daniel Wells was our shining light, he was a massive positive for us. At this early stage of his career he has performed best against them mainly due to that 21 possesion game in a side flogged by 54 points. Check out his player stats.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1031&SeasonID=ALL

Originally posted by Interpol
Another reason not to drop Daniel Wells, not that the thought ever even crossed my mind. I remember last year getting flogged by Brisbane in Brisbane and on that night Daniel Wells was our shining light, he was a massive positive for us. At this early stage of his career he has performed best against them mainly due to that 21 possesion game in a side flogged by 54 points. Check out his player stats.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1031&SeasonID=ALL

I remember that game well. And I remember his evasion skills that night were fantastic. I also remember it as the first night he really backed himself to breeze past players. The tough tackling Brisbane midfield couldn't get near him that night.

I must admit I thought he may have benefited from 4 quarters in the VFL after the St Kilda game, not just based on that game alone but his form ever since round 1 was a bit patchy. With his light frame I thought he needed to get some confidence back by dominating for Port.

Laidley proved me wrong by playing him and Wellsy having a good game. However, last week I also called for Sansbury to go back to the VFL and to earn his spot again. That didn't happen and will now happen a week too late. Eddie has some talent, no doubt about that and can play at this level. However, it seems to me that he still reckons he is playing SANFL footy out there. Very laconic, takes it easy and doesn't seem to over extend himself.

Needs to go back and show he's hungry to get back into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back