Adam Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is out of contract at the end of the year, he is a premiership coach and he was for a long time a very loyal North man. In the unlikely event that we make the decision to move Noble on at the end of the season do we consider Simmo?

Can’t hurt to talk to him.

He did nearly coach a WAFL to victory against us and as pointed out is a Premiership Coach.

His last couple of years at West Coast haven’t done him many favours, but if we are looking for a new coach you have to look at all options.

If Noble is moved on, I’d prefer Buckley over Simpson! I tend to think the younger players would relish playing under Buckley vs Simmo. Shoot me now!
Sleevo be like

iu

If we did move Nourishment on, go and get Choco. He’s a bit loco, it’d certainly be a contrast. Players wouldn’t know what hit them.
Oh he be in trouble when you're renamed in condensing fashion. Only a matter of time.
Yes Choco would be a good get he was part of the lifting of standards at the Dees. he may require a weights belt, his guts could drop out at North if he wasn't careful.

Are we over Nourishment already? Must be a record of some description. 19.64 winning %.
We've kicked more than 12 goals on 3 occasions in his short 28 game coaching career.

Oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh he be in trouble when you're renamed in condensing fashion. Only a matter of time.
Yes Choco would be a good get he was part of the lifting of standards at the Dees. he may require a weights belt, his guts could drop out at North if he wasn't careful.

Are we over Nourishment already? Must be a record of some description. 19.64 winning %.
We've kicked more than 12 goals on 3 occasions in his short 28 game coaching career.

Oh well.

No, Old Boy. I‘m with Dave all the way. Might only be me and him left the way it’s going.

I do wish he’d stop saying “nourishment” though. It makes me hungry and there’s a bakery a few doors down. I’ll look like Luffy soon.

We've gone Scott, Shaw and Noble in a short period, I think now is the time on getting some stability.

Keep Noble and get him the support he needs, Goodwin was cooked and they went and got Burgess and Yze. Burgess made them an elite endurance team and Yze redesigned their entire game plan and structures.

Noble needs more support, Blakey gets a tick, but outside of that we have inexperienced coaches or blokes who've been moved on from other clubs.

Invest in the off field and it will pay onfield.

We've gone Scott, Shaw and Noble in a short period, I think now is the time on getting some stability.

Keep Noble and get him the support he needs, Goodwin was cooked and they went and got Burgess and Yze. Burgess made them an elite endurance team and Yze redesigned their entire game plan and structures.

Noble needs more support, Blakey gets a tick, but outside of that we have inexperienced coaches or blokes who've been moved on from other clubs.

Invest in the off field and it will pay onfield.

I’d give this new fitness bloke a chance. He’s only just got there.

A 4th coach in 4 years ?

Not gunna happen. Might as well just write the scripts for Caro, Damo, Derwayne, Hutchy et al and move to Hobart.
So you would rather keep an underperforming coach who might not be up to it, to appease some Journo’s?

If Noble proves incapable, by keeping him all we have done is further delay a rebuild that is already on shaky ground.

I guess Melbourne should have kept Mark Neeld for stability?

Simpson might be exactly what this club needs... for mine though the last thing this renowned "boys club" team needs is getting more ex players in to lead things. Noble needs time and stability to implement what he can. It is not reasonable to expect a first time coach to achieve success within 12 months with a team that has:

• Delisted over half of its players in a 2 year period
  • Has brought in an entirely new fitness and conditioning system because the last one was considered a failure to the competition standards
  • Has intentionally gutted senior depth to maximise list spots and ability to go to the draft
  • Has a new recruitment team shortly before he started &;
  • Has had 2 other senior coaches in the last 2 years with the above as well

From the inside things might be different but at face value from the outside these are not indicators that would tell me that this team is underperforming to what it could achieve. Getting a new coach to deliver more with the pieces we have is one thing however that needs to be a realistic goal.

Realistically I would suggest unless things literally implode from here that Noble should have to at least end of year before drastic decisions are made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back