Preview Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions, Round 9, Sunday 12 May 2024 4pm @ Adelaide Oval - The Mother's Day Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the named bench > [4] Callum Ah Chee,[13] Logan Morris,[17] Jarryd Lyons,[20] Jaxon Prior,[22] Harry Sharp,[32] Darcy Fort,[34] Shadeau Brain,[41] Darragh Joyce.

I hope we play with a bench of > Logan Morris, Harry Sharp, Callum Ah Chee, Shadeau Brain with the Sub - Jaxon Prior.

Which leaves Fort, Lyons and Joyce as the travelling emergencies.

Sounds like the smart money is on Brain...
Go Away GIF

Once opposition coaches figured out that the best way to stop a player is to tackle them, everything fell apart for us.
Not at all. Sides are playing him a hell of a lot closer and he is under way more pressure. He appears to be getting caught with the ball a lot more. Simple. It’s not a criticism of McCluggage. As I said he is a class act and he’ll work out a way through.

Last edited:
Not at all. Sides are playing him a hell of a lot closer and he is under way more pressure. He appears to be getting caught with the ball a lot more. Simple. It’s not a criticism of McCluggage. Arms I said he is a class act and he’ll work out a way through.
In a midfield or Neale / Dunkley / McCluggage, clug is definitely the one that is both susceptible to a tag and the most dangerous kick out of that group. If you then look at our wings in Berry and co noone there really strikes fear in their inside 50 disposal. It's almost shut down Clug shut down the mids atm.

It's why watching Reville pull the ball from the center of the ground to Dunkley our wide was so exciting. We are crying out for more decent delivery i50.

In a midfield or Neale / Dunkley / McCluggage, clug is definitely the one that is both susceptible to a tag and the most dangerous kick out of that group. If you then look at our wings in Berry and co noone there really strikes fear in their inside 50 disposal. It's almost shut down Clug shut down the mids atm.

It's why watching Reville pull the ball from the center of the ground to Dunkley our wide was so exciting. We are crying out for more decent delivery i50.
Shadeau Brain would add to the bolded even further, an excellent visionary kick at VFL level, hopefully it translates to the higher level.

Question for those far more knowledgeable about ACL's than I... All these injuries all seem quite innocuous, freak accidents. Are they always simply one off incidents, or can they be the gradual but consistent build up of stress in the knee (maybe relating to the surfaces you're running on, your gait, other similar things), and the injury itself is just the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak?

From a couple of years ago. Might be more up to date research..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one silver lining to these injuries is that we get to see a lot of younger lads debut. Coincides with a poor start to the season so it also means it’s not like there’s as much expectations either.

Lohmann has solidified a spot.

Sharp is looking good and will hopefully get more games.

Reville and Morris debuted last week and looked good.

Brain debuting this week.

Two players with less than 20 games and three debuts in the past two weeks. That’s not even counting Fletcher and then Ashcroft.

I have really gone off Lyons after watching him live on many occasions just jogging on the defensive side of the game.

I would have Tunstill as Sub.
Brain form apparently been pretty good down back in the 2's, but if desperate could at a pinch play forward as a sub in the last Q, or Wilmott push up and Brain play back? Great to see him get a game and hopefully more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back