superstar

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Yze_magic won't be happy to hear this, but apparently Yze is available for trade at the right price. Could be part of the Rawlings deal, although i'd rather we get something better than this seagul.

Where would people rate Yze compared to Stevens and Brown?

Originally posted by superstar
3rd.

Yze for Rawlings was a strong rumour posted on the Dogs board yesterday as a reason Melbourne were in the race.

It wont happen unless it is ridiculously one-sided towards us and too good to refuse, and even then I don't think they would.
We were burnt last year with Woey, they will not trade away another favourite son.

If Adem Yze is at another club next year I will eat my shorts.

2nd round pick? P-lease. :rolleyes:

I'd accept nothing less than a Top 2 draft pick.

Originally posted by Demon37
If Adem Yze is at another club next year I will eat my shorts.

2nd round pick? P-lease. :rolleyes:

I'd accept nothing less than a Top 2 draft pick.

Thats a strong recommendation, do you think he is better than Stevens and Brown ?

Originally posted by OldSchool
Thats a strong recommendation, do you think he is better than Stevens and Brown ?

YES!!!

He was injured all year, and if on the market, would attract more attention than those two..

DEFINATELY MORE THAN BROWN!!!

Stevens may be his equal, you people live in dream land!!!

NO WAY WOULD MELB TRADE HIM 4 RAWLINGS, OR STEVENS!!!

Yze is a brilliant footballer, who was slowed in 2003 while carrying around 3 injuries

His 2002 was brilliant, he won numerous games for the De,ons off his own boot

if i hear anyone call him a reciever, seagull etc one more time, i will not be happy

he has a heart, and isnt afraid to get dirty

OH AND HE IS AN UNTOUCHABLE

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
Yze is a brilliant footballer, who was slowed in 2003 while carrying around 3 injuries

His 2002 was brilliant, he won numerous games for the De,ons off his own boot

if i hear anyone call him a reciever, seagull etc one more time, i will not be happy

he has a heart, and isnt afraid to get dirty

OH AND HE IS AN UNTOUCHABLE

Well said my friend..

Yze a very well respected player, any taem would kill 4..

Plagued this year, 4th in brownlow 2002, any team would bid for him..

Back to best in 04' I suggest..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by chiliboy
Well said my friend..

Yze a very well respected player, any taem would kill 4..

Plagued this year, 4th in brownlow 2002, any team would bid for him..

Back to best in 04' I suggest..

3rd in Brownlow you mean

All Australian wingman

Great finals series

LEads the league in kicks just about every year

great overhead, silky skills, tall for a midfielder, can play forward or back with ease.... he aint going anywhere

Travis Johnstone and Des Headland were also top 5 in the Brownlow that year... what did they do this year? Headland and Johnstone both had great finals series last year as well. He leads the league in kicks because he refuses to handball! Is an outside midfielder as much you won't admit it. I've yet to see him have a meaningful influence on a game as either a permanent forward or permanent backman. Is a midfielder/half back flanker.

He is a good to very good player, but not in the top20 in the league. Once again overrated by Demons fans.

I'm not going to reveal my source, but Melbourne aren't happy with his lack of on-field leadership since the departure of Woewoeful, Powell etc.

He, like Johnstone, is very much overated by Melbourne people. If we deal with the dees over Rawlings, I want a draft pick!

a) Yze is one of the best field kicks in the league.
b) He has led the club for hard ball gets over the last 2 years.
c) He averaged 21 disposals a game this season, despite the fact he had a 'poor' year.
d) He is super quick.
e) He is only 25.
f) He is one of the most consistent players in the AFL.
g) He is amongst the Top 20 players in the league.
h) He is our best player.

The above reasons are why I would only accept a Top 2 draft pick for him.

Originally posted by superstar
Yze_magic won't be happy to hear this, but apparently Yze is available for trade at the right price. Could be part of the Rawlings deal, although i'd rather we get something better than this seagul.

I'm not going to reveal my source, but Melbourne aren't happy with his lack of on-field leadership since the departure of Woewoeful, Powell etc.

**** stirrer.

I dont believe a word of it.

Originally posted by Demon37
a) Yze is one of the best field kicks in the league.
b) He has led the club for hard ball gets over the last 2 years.
c) He averaged 21 disposals a game this season, despite the fact he had a 'poor' year.
d) He is super quick.
e) He is only 25.
f) He is one of the most consistent players in the AFL.
g) He is amongst the Top 20 players in the league.
h) He is our best player.

The above reasons are why I would only accept a Top 2 draft pick for him.
a) Agree, has good disposal
b) So has Buckley, yet I would call him an outside midfielder. HBG's are overrated.
c) As your best player and a top 20 player in the league at 25, he should be doing better than 21 DPG. Also take into account how damaging he has been this year compared to last. The loss of Powell and Woewodin IMO has affected him this year.
d) Wouldn't say super quick, but not slow
e) He is 26
f) One of the most consistent at what? Yes he rarely misses a game, which is a fantastic effort.
g) He is not amongst the best 20 players in the league
h) I would say your best player is David Neitz, but that's your choice.

The above reasons are why he is not worth a top 2 pick.

Originally posted by TheMightyDons
a) Agree, has good disposal
b) So has Buckley, yet I would call him an outside midfielder. HBG's are overrated.
c) As your best player and a top 20 player in the league at 25, he should be doing better than 21 DPG. Also take into account how damaging he has been this year compared to last. The loss of Powell and Woewodin IMO has affected him this year.
d) Wouldn't say super quick, but not slow
e) He is 26
f) One of the most consistent at what? Yes he rarely misses a game, which is a fantastic effort.
g) He is not amongst the best 20 players in the league
h) I would say your best player is David Neitz, but that's your choice.

The above reasons are why he is not worth a top 2 pick.
a) Yes.
b) And Buckley is a star. Outside midfielders are just as important as in and under midfielders.
c) As I said, he has had a poor year, but is still averaging over 21 disposals a game. From 2000-2002, he was averaging 24.
d) Yes.
e) Whatever.
f) Hasn't missed a game since 1997, and continues to get touches week in, week out.
g) Debatable.
h) He is better than Neitz.

He was worth pick 1 last year, and nothing much has changed IMO.

Worth Brendon Goddard or Daniel Wells last year? Debatable. Worth Adam Cooney this year? No. His market value has dropped significantly this season as he really should've had his best year yet was no where near his previous years. I don't think any club would throw pick 2 at him this year. Top 5 yes, top 2 no.

As for Buckley I was also responding to claims made by Yze_Magic that he is a tough inside player too. He isn't. Agree that every team needs their share of outside midfielders. Essendon sorely missed Ramanauskas this year and they are similar players. Yze needs to lift his game next season and show some leadership and help get the Dees into the finals.

Originally posted by TheMightyDons
Worth Brendon Goddard or Daniel Wells last year? Debatable. Worth Adam Cooney this year? No. His market value has dropped significantly this season as he really should've had his best year yet was no where near his previous years. I don't think any club would throw pick 2 at him this year. Top 5 yes, top 2 no.

As for Buckley I was also responding to claims made by Yze_Magic that he is a tough inside player too. He isn't. Agree that every team needs their share of outside midfielders. Essendon sorely missed Ramanauskas this year and they are similar players. Yze needs to lift his game next season and show some leadership and help get the Dees into the finals.
HEY HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP!!!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA, I SUPPOSE YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE RIOLI??

PLEASE, SPARE US YOUR NO KNOWLEDGE VIEWS!

Apart from this year, which was obviously a poor one, Yze has without a doubt, been the most consistnt player at the Melbourne Football Club since 1998. And that includes sides that made a Grand Final (2002), Preliminary Final (1998) and a Semi Final (2002). This year he suffered, but you possibly can't write him off after one bad (injury plagued) year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back