Remove this Banner Ad

LongBomb

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good bloke
The AFL, Essendon and legal teams for James Hird and three other key officials spent the daylight hours of Tuesday thrashing out the magnitude of charges which have already irreparably tarnished individual reputations and further damaged the image of Hird's ''greatest football club in Australia''.

Had Hird been prepared to plead guilty to having allowed the administering of banned and potentially harmful drugs to his players there is every chance that Essendon's doctor of more than three decades, Bruce Reid, may have been spared. Ditto Danny Corcoran and Mark Thompson.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/admission-may-have-saved-hirds-mates-20130814-2rwxr.html

The mouthpiece of the AFL is seriously going after Hird, this is not even funny anymore.

Absolutely disgraceful reporting.

More disgraceful than having your players injected with a dodgy Mexican concoction a muscular dystrophy patient left behind at a deregistered chiropractors clinic?

Sorry, but why should they be spared?

Corcoran - head of the footy dept, should have had ultimate control on all policies in that dept

Reid - was the doc paid to protect the players, failed to do this. also approved AOD, so either screwed up or allowed himself to be bullied. Either way, its unacceptable

Bomber - Apparently was opposed to the program, but did he do enough to try and stop it similar to Reid (TBH given recent media reports he is borderline for a punishment in my book, but as a senior manager who raised concerns he could have pushed harder)

The only people who should have bodied thrown under buses to protect is the players. All the rest deserve to get their appropriate punishment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either these three deserved to be charged or not.

It's ridiculous this witch hunt against Hird.

If he has committed a quarter of the stuff they say he has committed then it is not ridiculous at all. The only ridiculous thing is why are some parts of the media not pushing harder (if it is true). How do you not see this?

Please explain what does it mean when someone says "Taking full responsibility".

In Hird's case it means "I am lying about taking any responsibility, I am just saying this becouse I have been advised to say it, nothing is now or will ever be my flault becouse I am perfect".

What else would one expect from a narcissistic sociopath

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

"Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways."

Hird has been utterly shameless thoughout this entire scandal. He will drag the club and his mates down with him reather then admit any blame.

"Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others."

It is all the fault of Dank, Robinson, Robson, Evans. We will be fine when the truth comes out.

"Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else."

Hird's hate of Collingwood, Hawthorn etc, His statement that Essendon is the greatest club.

"Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person."

Hird's belief that other teams were cheating

"Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person.Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage."

Hird's demand for a seperate independant tribunal instead of the AFL commission. By the way I have seen people like this in court. They do not do well. I recall one screaming at the judge "How dare you allow this man to ask me these questions". I knew I had won at that stage, and I had a bad case, it was in fact my clients fault.

Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

The abuse of the trust of the players placed in his care

"Bad Boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other"

Essendons PED program did not push the boundaries, it appears to have ignored them. As if they did not really exist, or at least not for him.

In my opinion Hird is a narcissistic sociopath, at least 1% of people are, often successful people.

Reid - was the doc paid to protect the players, failed to do this. also approved AOD, so either screwed up or allowed himself to be bullied. Either way, its unacceptable

It's not inconceivable that Dr Reid gets called before the Medical Board to defend why he shouldn't be struck off. Certainly around issues of informed consent?

EFC fans, Please explain what does it mean when someone says "Taking full responsibility".

Please don't side-step the question. Genuinely wondering if you have all been seeing Dank.
Number of EFC fans willing to answer this question so far - zero.

The mouthpiece of the AFL is seriously going after Hird, this is not even funny anymore.

Absolutely disgraceful reporting.

Get over it and start directing your anger to the cause, not the narrator.

Caro is fantastic. Just brilliant. I am definitely sending her a Christmas present. She is an avid reader, so I'm thinking a $100 Readings voucher or some such.

Either these three deserved to be charged or not.

It's ridiculous this witch hunt against Hird.

Witch hunt = I wish people would just forget all about this and stop finding stuff that is really bloody unhelpful!!!

Serious delusion. Try standing up at the AGM and asking a few hard ones, not whacking Award winning investigative journalists who are pulling back the veil, bit by glorious bit.

Get over it and start directing your anger to the cause, not the narrator.

Caro is fantastic. Just brilliant. I am definitely sending her a Christmas present. She is an avid reader, so I'm thinking a $100 Readings voucher or some such.

Caro has been so brave throughout this whole saga.

Caro has been so brave throughout this whole saga.

Absolutely. She has had countless vicious and often violent threats made against her and she is throwing the hardest punches right now. It must have been very upsetting for her. She probably warrants personal security given the filth and threats thrown in her direction.

All for doing her job. Really, really well.

She has my full admiration. I think in time, Dons fans will admit she was right. The possibility of her being spot on is just too painful for most of them to consider right now.

No. Not at all. Not even slightly.

There are two phrases that resonate through this entire mess.

Whatever It Takes, and #standbyhird.

Wel, if you bothered to use your 'Google detective' skills to investigate the #standbyhird campaign, you'd know that it wasn't about saving James Hird at all costs. Instead, it was a response to a week in which James Hird was attacked individually and many were suggesting he stand down. It was simply a campaign to allow due process to take place throughout the whole saga, and not to make sure James Hird kept his job at any cost.

You can't seem to get your head around that at all though, seeing as this isn't the first thread you gone around posting that hash-tag this morning.

Hird is going to cop it big time, I hope Wilson and Baker & McKenzie win a Walkley for their work.

What does this comment even add? How does "Hird is going to cop it big time" even begin to refute my post at all?

How can you misconstrue #standbyhird? It doesn't say #standbyhirdunlesshesproventohaveallowedPEDstobeadministeredtohisplayers. I don't think Essendon supporters care what he's done, that's how blinkered they are.

Read above.

If he has committed a quarter of the stuff they say he has committed then it is not ridiculous at all. The only ridiculous thing is why are some parts of the media not pushing harder (if it is true). How do you not see this?

What has Hird actually done? None of this "If he has even committed a quarter of the stuff they say" s**t. What acts has he actually committed?

Besides, did I ever refer to the media in any of my posts?

Witch hunt = I wish people would just forget all about this and stop finding stuff that is really bloody unhelpful!!!

Serious delusion. Try standing up at the AGM and asking a few hard ones, not whacking Award winning investigative journalists who are pulling back the veil, bit by glorious bit.

Attacking the man are we? Piss poor.

Did I even attack the journalists? No. Considering I was attacking the AFL, this post is useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back