Adrian Campbell

Remove this Banner Ad

Waltzing Woof Biscuit

All Australian
Mar 14, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs!!!
Sorting through my vid. collection the other day, I came across the last quarter replay of a game vs. North Melbourne in 1988, where we trailed by 27 points early in the quarter and stormed home to win by 27. Who impressed me in that game was Adrian Campbell, who was almost a no.1 draft pick that year (as I recall). Does anyone know what happened to him (I remember l that he was traded to Melbourne in 1993), and have any insight as to why he didn't make the grade? He seemed to move well, and was a decent kick. Something obviously went wrong.

Well he had a very serious knee injury. Apparently one of the worst ever seen. Is that game the one where choco kicked the goal to put us in front, and Foster was playing with a crook shoulder?

Yes it was sigscotty!!! Poor old Fozzie actually played a key role - he soccered through a goal to put us, I think, 9 points up. He was virtually playing one handed. Choco scored the running goal from about 40 metres to put us in front. It was great to relive that match - one of my personal faves. :)

Yeah, it is an integral part of my vid collection also. I wasn't at the game (just a little fella then) but have watched the tape so much i can recall just about every detail of that last quarter.

Adrian Campbell came from Taralgan and they spoke of him being as good as Templeton as a youngster.
He injured his knee in a reserves final at VFL Park. The injury was so bad that the trauma people at the hospital they took him to(Monash Medical Centre I think) spoke of it as being on par with the very worst of injury's from motorcycle accidents.

I was at that game too, remember it very well in fact, brilliant match. I don't however remember Adrian Campbell playing that day (I was young and don't barrack for either team)

I do however remember him playing for the Dees in the early 90's and doing very little. I'm not sure how many games he played (2?) but he's right up there with David Grant,Marty Heppell,Moose Henwood and Nick Pesch in my "All time worst Dees recruits from other clubs list". (Apologies to the many duds I've forgotten :D)

Tough call Pizza. Hogg and Donaghue both stake massive claims! :D

Hey BT,

Whilst on the subject of Melbourne duds, remember
Phil Egan, Rod Owen, Micheal Pickering, Craig Turley and Fabian Francis?

BTW, we picked up Luke Beverage for Campbell. I think that we won that one - Luke was a handy player at the Doggies. But you scored with the Stephen Powell deal. Although he's been injured all year, he's a good quality player who will be back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Waltzing Woof Biscuit

Hey BT,

Whilst on the subject of Melbourne duds, remember
Phil Egan, Rod Owen, Micheal Pickering, Craig Turley and Fabian Francis?

Don't keep at him about duds WWB. He might mention Allen Jakovich.

Oops. Damn.

Don't mention the war...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back