Adult Content - Forbidden on BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

so the "You might also like" bit is a given?

surely that can be filtered too - and the references to bigfooty posts = could they be limited to say 6 months ago?

This is entirely in line with what the policy is supposed to be about

surely that can be filtered too - and the references to bigfooty posts = could they be limited to say 6 months ago?

Mine currently has the Powell-Pepper chick photo in it. I guess these rules mainly apply to the little guy trying to make his way up in the posting game. Its becoming more and more like the real world.

A given?

I will deal with issues raised by the ad blocks. Site members should deal with their own posting and help mods by reporting over the top stuff.

Chief is the Festival of Red only for posts since the crackdown, or is it going into old posts (and if so how far back)?

Asking because those of us with huge post numbers will need to go through editing, so is it possible to ask for all past posts to be deleted to avoid retro infractions?

Chief is the Festival of Red only for posts since the crackdown, or is it going into old posts (and if so how far back)?

Asking because those of us with huge post numbers will need to go through editing, so is it possible to ask for all past posts to be deleted to avoid retro infractions?

you'd remove 10% just deleting the MAFS thread

There is no Festival of the Red.

If you have posts from years ago we can just delete them when we find them. If you know of specific posts of yours in the recent past that you think would be bad for the site, then please feel free to edit them yourself.

Can we increase Pm's to like 50 ppl then?
There is another thing I can do, and I will announce it when it is announceable.

But sharing things in convo which are not allowed on the site is still sharing things that are not allowed.

There is another thing I can do, and I will announce it when it is announceable.

But sharing things in convo which are not allowed on the site is still sharing things that are not allowed.
So, PM's aren't private? These new rules, or strengthening of the rules, due to adsense, also applies to PM's?

So, PM's aren't private? These new rules, or strengthening of the rules, due to adsense, also applies to PM's?
I haven't changed a thing in our terms of use - it has all been in there the whole time.

PMs are part of the site. Rules apply, including spam, adult material etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, back to this.

The main issues are:

* images of a "sexually gratifying" nature,
* wound, injury and other gory images,
* racist and derogatory posts,
* drug talk, and illegal stuff like that.

If you steer clear of those that is 99% of the problem sorted.

Again Chief, the bottom eight clickbait graphics at the foot of the page seem to come exclusively from the bigfooty rumour file or whatever its called.

Obviously the content can be controlled, so why isn't the content more likely to be in the spirit of the new rules (which, joking aside, I'm completely on board with)

If we have to have that at all. Clickbait is generally dubious

Again Chief, the bottom eight clickbait graphics at the foot of the page seem to come exclusively from the bigfooty rumour file or whatever its called.

Obviously the content can be controlled, so why isn't the content more likely to be in the spirit of the new rules (which, joking aside, I'm completely on board with)

If we have to have that at all. Clickbait is generally dubious
As we find them we will fix them up.

So I have had time this morning to take a breath and analyse the complaints and have added this to the OP:

This one is the new one, and probably what has people confused:​

• sexual health advice related to pregnancy, childbirth, or family planning
We will work out how to block Google ads from the specific threads where this is being discussed in the BF community. There are a few, and our users find them valuable so we will work around them.​

This is manageable, and yes it seems like a huge change at first. I didn't see it as such a huge change because the rules haven't changed - we just want mods to enforce the rules properly.

But it is a change in the way many people use the site, as they have become used to more lax application of the rules, and the lack of controls on sites like Twitter and Reddit. That's not to say those sites don't have issues with arbitrary rulings and seemingly illogical decisions, but they definitely let users decide what they want to see rather than impose one strict set of rules.

If that is the difference between a forum and those sites, and any particular user cannot reconcile the different expectations, then there is not a lot we can do about it. We are not Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, or any of the other sites. We aren't a "daily me" site. We are a forum. A community of people.

Maybe the site will drift in a different direction. I cannot guarantee anything at any point now or in the future. I never have been able to do that.

Everyone can help by purchasing a platinum membership. It's the best ******* deal in town.
If everyone did, there'd be no ads ever and we could double server capacity and all go live on a tropical island and be awesome together.

So out of curiosity, if somebody was to share the image of Jarryn Geary's leg from today, would that be deleted?
And that would have been the same last week and the week before and last year and all the way back to ten years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back