AE AE15 Annual Comp Poll

AE15 Annual Comp Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this, I love the idea, (very similar to what I want) but the number of strikes worries me.

If you go too low, it ends too quickly, if you go too high, it becomes a joke.

Need that right balance.

That's what bothersome about this challenging?? comp... it can crumble so easily with WB results and we all know that's a high possibility early in the season. What it does allow however is to cheat the system to by pitching both teams playing each other to guarentee avoiding elimination - now that's a joke into itself!! *facepalm* who voted for that?

Last edited:

Woodson just run all the comps forget counting the rest of the 50. it's apparent from the voting to date that it's just going to end like that if 50 people voted. with everyone wanting all the comps in whilst also wanting only 6 comps. it's all so evenly voted.

I see that. With Feature Games to push ahead as a more preferred game on a monthly basis.. I'll need to tweak the prize funds.

That means ND's CC finalist will just be getting either next seasons entry covered instead of the full $80 payout.. that's where I find $80 to use elsewhere.

Since HRS is easily managed and still requires skill to get the Weekly highest score at least TWICE to win something back.. it deserves more than money back (free entry the following year and a $50 on top). Should remain unchanged.

DZE looks locked in to stay. It's a six-way final for $200 which makes it exciting.

HOT STREAK deserves at least $150 and I'd prefer to push for $200 meaning the old LCS prize allocation can be consolidated to $150-$200 (Both finalist claimed).

This poll was really geared to determine how much interest is pushing for Feature Games as it's a monthly comp that was $60 prize money back in 2010. If we want to push for $100 monthly prize collect.. will need to increase the subscription to $45 at least.

I'd prefer no more than Seven Comps as the time required for additional management is hard enough to keep up with. That's the real issue: TIME.

Who is gonna manage Feature Games? Will you be able to do both - Feature Games AND Two Team Survivor?

Defiantly need to increase subscription to $45 at least for all eight comps. Make it an even $50 and that settles it nicely with ND CC's to retain such a kickback.

Last edited:
You just don't 'get it' Woodson, because you havent played it before.

Get It I do. I'll know there are weeks when you can't possibly miss especially when you just need ONE of the two teams to WIN and that puts the ball in my court with pairing h2h teams!! Haha!!

Get It I do. I'll know there are weeks when you can't possibly miss especially when you just need ONE of the two teams to WIN and that puts the ball in my court with pairing h2h teams!! Haha!!
Survivor is 4xko but where you can't pick the same team again rest of the season. It has nothing to do with how you schedule anything.

Unless I'm missing something you've decided to do???

Survivor is 4xko but where you can't pick the same team again rest of the season. It has nothing to do with how you schedule anything.

Unless I'm missing something you've decided to do???

Got the misunderstanding that both TEAMS LOSING selected counts as a STRIKE. Not just ONE team. Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited:
It's flawed - appallingly planned.. SHOULD BE 1XKO. Can you confirm that all you need is ONE of the TWO teams selected, to just WIN / proceed to following week?

If so, believe me GG.. this is EASY-CAMPESE… even for 1XKO. I'm more interested in the tie-breaker process - do you such a plan B for Week 17?
It wont get that far. It wont.
I am still of the belief we go for 1xko, 2 separate comps, 1 AFC, 1 NFC. That's what I really want. But ill give GG's bastard child a go this year.

It's flawed - appallingly planned.. SHOULD BE 1XKO. Can you confirm that all you need is ONE of the TWO teams selected, to just WIN / proceed to following week?

If so, believe me GG.. this is EASY-CAMPESE… even for 1XKO. I'm more interested in the tie-breaker process - do you such a plan B for Week 17?
Normal Survivor is 3xko, and you pick 1 team a week. Once you pick them, win or lose, you cant pick them again. Survivor comps are usually won mid-season, about week 10....so the last remaining survivors usually only got to pick about 10 teams. 10 different teams obviously.

My original Two Team Survivor idea is you have 4 lives, but have to pick two teams per week. Once you pick them, win or lose, you can't pick them again. The point being too that the last remaining survivors (if it lasted that long) went thru far more teams.

Either normal or tweaked Survivor, it's a real challenge of tactics, planning ahead which weeks to use which team, as you can only choose a team ONCE all season.

Sven then kicked in with a tweaked idea, which I endorsed...did you not see that post?

His idea was that we first pick only ONE team per week for the first 8 weeks, and we all only have 3 lives. Those that remain end of week 8, then the comp kicks up. We have to choose TWO teams per week for the next 8 weeks, and earn a bonus life.

Again....Survivor is just 3xko but where you can only choose a specific team once all year.

So if week 1 i choose Patriots to beat Steelers, I can NOT pick Patriots again rest of the season. If they beat Steelers, I have 3 lives left. But cant choose Patriots again rest of the season. If they lose to Steelers, I have 2 lives left...and...cant choose Patriots rest of the season either. Because once you pick a team, they get grayed out. You have to pick another team the following week. So it's very tactical. Which week will you use the Pats on? Which week will you use the Seahawks on? Etc. So you start having to look for match-ups where you pick teams like Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers, the longer you survive in the comp.

That's the normal Survivor. It's 3xko, picking 1 team per week. 3 strikes, youre out. But...like i said, often the comp ends week 10 or so, and with everyone only picking 1 team per week, you only get to choose 10-12 teams.

Why my idea then of Survivor where you have to pick TWO teams per week. So that theoretically you have to pick more teams the longer you survive. In two team Survivor...it's STILL 4xko. You get 4 wrong, you're out. You dont just have to get 1 team right to advance. You simply ONLY HAVE FOUR FVCKING LIVES to last the entire comp. Every time you get a pick wrong, you lose a life. You could be out after two weeks....week 1, both teams you picked lose...week 2, both teams you picked lose. You're out. Four strikes. If you got 1 team right, 1 wrong in week 1...it means you now have THREE lives left, and have to pick 2 two teams again in week 2. You get another wrong, means you have TWO lives left, and have to pick 2 teams again week 3. Etc.

But.....i endorsed Sven's tweak of my tweak. So now, it's 1 team per week and 3 lives for the first 8 weeks. And whoever still remains in the comp, they now have to start picking 2 teams per week rest of the way, but earn an extra life (that 4th life).

Another way to explain it....

Pretend in the current 3xko comp you cannot choose the same teams again. That's FVCKING Survivor! Normal Survivor. Except you're picking 1 team per week.

Whereas in current 3xko comp you can keep choosing the same teams again thru the year, and where you pick three teams per week. Or two if you only have two lives. Or one if you only have one life.

The tweak im making is making it 4xko but choosing two teams per week.

The tweak Sven is making to my tweak is making it 3xko for first 8 weeks choosing 1 team per week. Then, week 9, whomever remains alive, earns a bonus life, but has to start picking two teams per week -- from the teams you have remaining left to choose from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again....Survivor is just 3xko but where you can only choose a specific team once all year.

So if week 1 i choose Patriots to beat Steelers, I can NOT pick Patriots again rest of the season. If they beat Steelers, I have 3 lives left. But cant choose Patriots again rest of the season. If they lose to Steelers, I have 2 lives left...and...cant choose Patriots rest of the season either. Because once you pick a team, they get grayed out. You have to pick another team the following week. So it's very tactical. Which week will you use the Pats on? Which week will you use the Seahawks on? Etc. So you start having to look for match-ups where you pick teams like Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers, the longer you survive in the comp.

That's the normal Survivor. It's 3xko, picking 1 team per week. 3 strikes, youre out. But...like i said, often the comp ends week 10 or so, and with everyone only picking 1 team per week, you only get to choose 10-12 teams.

Why my idea then of Survivor where you have to pick TWO teams per week. So that theoretically you have to pick more teams the longer you survive. In two team Survivor...it's STILL 4xko. You get 4 wrong, you're out. You dont just have to get 1 team right to advance. You simply ONLY HAVE FOUR FVCKING LIVES to last the entire comp. Every time you get a pick wrong, you lose a life. You could be out after two weeks....week 1, both teams you picked lose...week 2, both teams you picked lose. You're out. Four strikes. If you got 1 team right, 1 wrong in week 1...it means you now have THREE lives left, and have to pick 2 two teams again in week 2. You get another wrong, means you have TWO lives left, and have to pick 2 teams again week 3. Etc.

But.....i endorsed Sven's tweak of my tweak. So now, it's 1 team per week and 3 lives for the first 8 weeks. And whoever still remains in the comp, they now have to start picking 2 teams per week rest of the way, but earn an extra life (that 4th life).

Thanx for taking the time to elaborate GG. Now this makes more sense. Why didn't you explain yourself properly in the first place?? (a fortnight ago) o_O

:D:D

And infact.. can give 3XKO a good run for it's money.. :eek:

That's what Ive been trying to impress on you for ages. Survivor > 3xko.

Hooray for nailing it..

I'm only giving you grief… for the rest of the group to understand EXACTLY where you're driving this.. because YOU NEVER QUESTIONED the initial outline on the OP.. :straining:

TWO TEAM SURVIVOR (managed by GG)
A NEW Comp similar to 3XKO, where TWO TEAMS selections are required each week with those teams NOT to be selected again. The task is to select a WINNER of those two weekly teams to avoid a STRIKE. With the pool of 32 teams to choose from, you pull the trigger with which combo you elect. ONCE your COMBO of TWO teams have FAILED YOU on THREE* OCCASIONS you're eliminated from the comp.
*GG to determine whether it's THREE or FOUR STRIKES.

Should of pulled me up earlier because I can't interpret the 'finer details' you never mentioned UNTIL today.. :D

I don't think you should be upset with me… take responsibility first (for not explaining yourself) and understand that making sure that JeffDunne can undertake the comp with NO needed to maintain it manually. This is all on JD now.

Hooray for nailing it..

I'm only giving you grief… for the rest of the group to understand EXACTLY where you're driving this.. because YOU NEVER QUESTIONED the initial outline on the OP.. :straining:

Should of pulled me up earlier because I can't interpret the 'finer details' you never mentioned UNTIL today.. :D

I don't think you should be upset with me… take responsibility first (for not explaining yourself) and understand that making sure that JeffDunne can undertake the comp with NO needed to maintain it manually. This is all on JD now.
Everyone else understood what Survivor meant except you! But I'll go easy on you, because you have a beautiful mind!

Anyway...I would suggest replacing 3xko with Survivor. As it's basically the exact same comp, but where after you select a team (win or lose, strike or no strike) you cannot pick them again. It's exactly the same comp but better, more tactical. Rather than having TWO 3xko type comps in. But....at the very least I want to ensure you do include Survivor this year, to SHOWCASE it to all and sundry, why it's a better version of 3xko. So that maybe in 2016 we can replace 3xko with Survivor, rather than having two types of them. I'm just adding my own tweak to it....4xko 2 teams per week...to make it a little harder having to go thru more teams the longer you survive.

Also, JeffDunne fully understood the concept from the get-go....why he said it was easy to do on the site....even easier than 3xko....because once you pick a team it gets grayed out (win or lose), whereas in 3xko on the site, he has to fiddle around some to ensure the system recognizes when a team won it can be picked again two weeks later but if it lost it can be picked again the following week.

The only issue for JD is whether Sven's tweak of my tweak is too difficult for him, or not. Or if he prefers to utilize my 4xko 2 per week one. Either way we decide to run it (svens tweak or mine) the comp is pretty identical to current 3xko but with that CATCH of only being allowed to use a team once.

Or we can just use the normal traditional Survivor as a replacement for 3xko.

3 strikes you're out. 1 team per week to choose. Once used, (win or lose), can't pick them again.

Just if you really do understand the concept, and how it really is a better version of 3xko, maybe you can even make the executive decision THIS YEAR, to just replace 3xko with normal traditional Survivor.

That way, one less comp, allowing another one of the comp ideas to get in. Like Hot Streak or Feature Games etc.

But if you want to be sure first....at least include it this year....as a showcase....and then next year you can make the decision to replace 3xko with Survivor -- traditional or tweaked.

Everyone else understood what Survivor meant except you! But I'll go easy on you, because you have a beautiful mind!

Anyway...I would suggest replacing 3xko with Survivor. As it's basically the exact same comp, but where after you select a team (win or lose, strike or no strike) you cannot pick them again. It's exactly the same comp but better, more tactical. Rather than having TWO 3xko type comps in. But....at the very least I want to ensure you do include Survivor this year, to SHOWCASE it to all and sundry, why it's a better version of 3xko. So that maybe in 2016 we can replace 3xko with Survivor, rather than having two types of them. I'm just adding my own tweak to it....4xko 2 teams per week...to make it a little harder having to go thru more teams the longer you survive.

Also, JeffDunne fully understood the concept from the get-go....why he said it was easy to do on the site....even easier than 3xko....because once you pick a team it gets grayed out (win or lose), whereas in 3xko on the site, he has to fiddle around some to ensure the system recognizes when a team won it can be picked again two weeks later but if it lost it can be picked again the following week.

The only issue for JD is whether Sven's tweak of my tweak is too difficult for him, or not. Or if he prefers to utilize my 4xko 2 per week one. Either way we decide to run it (svens tweak or mine) the comp is pretty identical to current 3xko but with that CATCH of only being allowed to use a team once.

I'd like those WB's (Wrecking Balls) to help the cull along the way :), that's why the 3XKO works well. Only issue with Sven's tweak to a ONE team selection in the initial first eight weeks is conflicting with the 32 team process.;) I got on the wrong understanding with the 'WIN with one of the two teams selected' and you progress. And you say I'm complicated.. these are my 'advanced ideas' for 3XKO :D but you beat me to the punch!!

Do you like my proposal for the tie-breaker at least? Or is it too complicated? Are you willing to find other ways to determine an outright Winner if there are Week 16 survivors?

Or we can just use the normal traditional Survivor as a replacement for 3xko.

3 strikes you're out. 1 team per week to choose. Once used, (win or lose), can't pick them again.

Just if you really do understand the concept, and how it really is a better version of 3xko, maybe you can even make the executive decision THIS YEAR, to just replace 3xko with normal traditional Survivor.

That way, one less comp, allowing another one of the comp ideas to get in. Like Hot Streak or Feature Games etc.

But if you want to be sure first....at least include it this year....as a showcase....and then next year you can make the decision to replace 3xko with Survivor -- traditional or tweaked.

You're continually tweaking it for the better which is pushing for a merge / tweaking 3XKO to meet the middle ground.

With Sven's idea of ONE team per week for the first EIGHT Weeks is very doable because then you're not restricted with 8 of the hack teams nobody picks anyway but still the condition of ONCE you've selected that team, it's off your list of 32.

I'd prefer to SHOWCASE your brainchild TWO TEAM SURVIVOR from Week 1 and see how we roll with 4XKO. This junks my plan to pick head to head teams each week.. that's what I was annoyed with. Hopefully you understood why I wasn't thrilled with the idea.

ill laugh if someone rigs it so their last 2 teams play each other in week 17 and have 1 strike left, effectively losing the game and the title :p

Could well be yourself.. :D:D:D

I'd like those WB's (Wrecking Balls) to help the cull along the way :), that's why the 3XKO works well. Only issue with Sven's tweak to a ONE team selection in the initial first eight weeks is conflicting with the 32 team process.;) I got on the wrong understanding with the 'WIN with one of the two teams selected' and you progress. And you say I'm complicated.. these are my 'advanced ideas' for 3XKO :D but you beat me to the punch!!

Do you like my proposal for the tie-breaker at least? Or is it too complicated? Are you willing to find other ways to determine an outright Winner if there are Week 16 survivors?
There are wrecking balls every week in Survivor. It's the same concept as 3xko. For the umpteenth time. A choice game to pick a favorite in, is still a wrecking ball in Survivor as it is in 3xko. It's the SAME comp! Just that a team chosen cannot be chosen again. That's the only freaking difference.

The tie-breaker wont be needed in Survivor.....because NO ONE LASTS THAT LONG....unlike 3xko.....because 3xko is lame in that you can keep choosing the same favorite teams every week over the 16 weeks. Why you have a need for a tie-breaker in 3xko.

i already told you there was a tie-breaker plan....in Survivor the odds of a tie-breaker needed are very rare. And either traditional 3xko survivor with 1 team p/w, or, tweaked 4xko with 2 p/w.....the tie breaker can easily be done in week 17....if by some miracle there are still 2 or more people left by end of week 16. The tie-breaker is just run manually like we already do for 3xko.

There are wrecking balls every week in Survivor. It's the same concept as 3xko. For the umpteenth time. A choice game to pick a favorite in, is still a wrecking ball in Survivor as it is in 3xko. It's the SAME comp! Just that a team chosen cannot be chosen again. That's the only freaking difference.

The tie-breaker wont be needed in Survivor.....because NO ONE LASTS THAT LONG....unlike 3xko.....because 3xko is lame in that you can keep choosing the same favorite teams every week over the 16 weeks. Why you have a need for a tie-breaker in 3xko.

i already told you there was a tie-breaker plan....in Survivor the odds of a tie-breaker needed are very rare. And either traditional 3xko survivor with 1 team p/w, or, tweaked 4xko with 2 p/w.....the tie breaker can easily be done in week 17....if by some miracle there are still 2 or more people left by end of week 16. The tie-breaker is just run manually like we already do for 3xko.

That's why we have to trail it as a 'P' plate comp to 3XKO. Give everyone a feel for steering this engine with a 'restrictive nature' as opposed to the free-lance of riding the 'favs' who are my WRECKING BALL bait anyway. Works both ways GG. ;) We've seen it every week for the last 25+ years… Heavily fancied favourites will get BEAT on any given day let alone pushed to the line. That's why we have such interest in the NFL.

Also gives everyone a chance to work their strategies albeit not having eggs in the same basket.

I don't see why 3XKO & TWO TEAM SURVIVOR can't work together for at least one season. We managed fine with ND & LCS for a bunch of seasons did we not?

Besides, having TWO TEAM SURVIVOR it's opportunity for it's maiden run, we can determine what fits best with your TWO TEAMS x 16 weeks format or we push with Sven 's recommendation for a ONE TEAM for the first eight weeks and see how that goes. All depends how it can allow JeffDunne 's programming to cope in the first year. That's where I'm coming come.

It'll be a great TEST GG.. 3XKO vs TWO TEAM SURVIVOR. Let the AE jury have a better idea what works best for being the MAJOR comp for 2016.

As for the tie-breaker… what's not to like about a SHOWDOWN? It's a great competitive build up for those who hanging in and refuse to give up. To have such comps blow out mid-season sucks the LIFE out the AE.

Last edited:
I did say that.....at the very least ensure Survivor gets in this year.....as a trial....perhaps it replaces 3xko in 2016.

Seeing as we're using Survivor as a trial replacement for 3xko, then don't even put it up for vote. Which will allow all the other comp ideas to get in. Survivor wont push out another comp idea. As it's in for sure to allow a trial.

I did say that.....at the very least ensure Survivor gets in this year.....as a trial....perhaps it replaces 3xko in 2016.

But don't put in Survivor at the expense of another comp being voted on. Just bring them all in. Seeing as we're using Survivor as a trial replacement for 3xko, then don't even put it up for vote. Which will allow all the other comp ideas to get in.

Only got 14 likes.. from 27 who bothered to vote. :( Quite underwhelming really. My idea of including Survivor is to only to TEST it against the 3XKO format. Not much is going to be spared with Prize Monies allocated.

The only issue we have is how stretched Feature Games prize monies will be on $40?? Not many in favour knowing that Temptation crashed and burned.

Spread comps has proven to be just a short term solution comp at best. Will need to be propped up for Monthly dividends worth playing for… at least $150?

We need to find a spare $600. That works out at a $10 increase in the AE subs (first increase in five years).

Considering that Temptation had 30 odd campaigners participate each of the previous two seasons, it's evident it's got waning interest meaning those out of the hunt in the concluding stages just give up. Does the rest of the group, not interested, NEED to cough up $$$ to maintain it in? Common sense says No.

KEEPING it to SIX comps with much of the Prize Monies focussed on CONFIDENCE RATING - NEXT DUEL - 3XKO along with DROP ZONE ELIMINATION (managed by Balmainforever) HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES (manages itself) and HOT STREAK (managed by Broken) will likely be the official comps for 2015.

Both SURVIVOR to be trialled (without it being officially endorsed yet) along with TOP TIPS (*working title*) to be given a run for consolation purposes.
Winners to claim 2016 AE sub entry gratis.

Funnily enough GeeCats07 claimed the most winners last year and made the ND CC meaning his entry for AE15 & AE16 is covered. @AxisMiles_03 (other ND CC finalist) has a bro (Gengar28) who will cover his and his bro's entry this season to the AE15.

AE15 SUBS will REMAIN at $40. If we got a lot more campaigners to vote in (as the most wanted comp of the poll) then FEATURE GAMES would of got given the nod with DZE - HRS - LCS making way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back