AFL 2006- Sounds awesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

on that video that was release a couple of months ago, ya know the one with the collingwood players running around telstra stadium showing off some of the new moves etc, it said that it was xbox live compatable

i really couldnt give a ******** about xbox but that hopefully means that it aint just PS2 exclusive cos i really want it for PC. so much that i even started playing AFL live 2004 PE recently :O

melbournemartin said:
so much that i even started playing AFL live 2004 PE recently :O

Me too martin, its an absolute shocker of a game. I've quite at least 5 games in disgust (One too many speccies in mid-air, one too many annoyingly lost marking contests, etc.)
At least with AFL 98 you could control your players very well. Unfortunately I lost the CD for it long ago and now only have the 4 minute demo :(

Yes. They better have a realistic AFL Game Play. None of this win the ruck kick to unopposed full forward etc. Players who run back to the goal square if it is vacant, real strategy options like flooding, dropping a ruckman back to contest, defenders who actually pressure the leading forward and realistic contested marks instead of speccy mania.

If they don't do anything like this, they can just give up making an afl game. I refused to play AFL Live or buy it because it was pure crap.

I hope to see some news on this game some time this week...

It's great that Sony have taken over, delayed it, put money into improving graphics and gameplay, but i hope it dosn't come out in August :rolleyes:

i would be good if it comes out mid June (unlikely) and at the latest early July :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour is September for PC and XBox, but with details of the PS2 one not forthcoming (wtf is up with any PR department ever attached to an AFL game?) we all just sit and wait. And make a coffee whilst holding down the fire button on Live 2004 to score another goal.

melbournemartin said:
they really need to get some form of leading happening. it is pretty much non apparent in 2004

Yep, i thought leading was just about non existent in 2004, i would see a player lead kick it to them then the player would run the other way :confused:

more things that must be improved in 2005:
-Marking: obviously....
-shots on goal: not just simply holding down a button.
-in depth tactics: flooding, set plays from the midfield, tagging etc...
-kicking: It was annoying in 2004 how long kicks was always the best thing to do.
-player stats: we should be able to see a difference between a player like Nick Dal Santo and Mark Mcgorgh.
Weather: should have a lot more impact then previous versions.

-AI:

this is a huge one, most of the time in 2004 i will get the tap from the ruckman then quickly hold down snap, which most of the time goes straight to a leading forward...if this happens on a few occasions in 2005 the AI should put a player there to fill the hole, if i do it again it will likely result in a turn over.

computer teams should also turn negative when the human player starts to get a right on top of the game eg kicks 4-5 goals in a few minutes. It also needs to be harder to get the footy off the computer as they should be quick and make smart decisions.

The computer should sheppard, also not kick to packs to much. i have only named a few things, i could go on for pages :eek:

I think thihs version and future versions should be based a lot more around tactics and trying to out smart the AI, eg flooding, attacking, rotating players on the bench, smart Drafting and trading in the Dynasty mode etc

Thanks Sainters. I like Jason Hill and it's a decent article considering what we've been getting.

Problem is, we've heard it all before. New features and 'improved gameplay' do not a good game make.

But if Lucas can still make a good Star Wars then hey, we never know. All we need now is a PC version...

There needs to be some form of actual contesting between players in the marking contest. Not just either you take a speccy or everyone jumps up and tries to mark. Perhaps you could use control stick to push into the oponent a bit and press the mark button AND proper directional button at the right time to pull of a good contested mark. Obviously this is only for marking contests where players aren't on a lead. Also tackling is very unrealistic. Too many spear tackles. And more importantly THERE IS NO AI. IN TEAMMATES AND IN OPONENTS.

go team said:
i thought improved gameplay was what everyone wanted?

What I meant was it's one thing to say it and another thing to do it. They've been saying 'improved gameplay' for just about every AFL release ever and it's all been a crock.

i hope they make something of this game. I have become a CM junkie despite the fact I hate soccer purely because i wanted some sort of entertainment on the computer.

the recent efforts of AFL games have been pretty weak. i didnt bother buying them.

EB_Tiger said:
Two rookie players from the Sydney Swans were hooked up to motion-capture technology to inject new life into the game.

So the passing backwards and standing around with the ball looking for a target will be very realistic.

it will only be on ps2 as i heard, because sony took over from ir gurus. it really can't be all that hard to make a realistic sport game. if ea sports can do it for every other sport, i'm sure afl isn't that much more complex. they really need to pull their finger out for this one though

Does anyone know if there is a create-a-player?
When is the release date?
I imagine it will be on PS2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back