Autopsy AFL 2016 - Round 6 - What you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let us know how you saw the weekend in footy

I learnt that people are very very quick to jump on the vulture wagon when a big gun gets cut to pieces. Foolish and not very smart.
Giants are well on their way to being a top line side. They haven't proved anything yet, although belting Hawthorn and beating Geelong help a bit.
Tigers in deep poop.
Eagles beat nobody , as the Pies just aren't there.
Expansion is having its effect on traditional football state clubs.
The umpiring and rules are getting over the top in mistakes, and worse, fairness.
Sydney 2005 style lockdown is back in strength, spoiling the game.
Worse problem with that is every one is doing the rolling scrum and flood now.
Saints are better than every one thought.
Melbourne is back in the hole they been in forever.
Carltons new coach is going to be OK!
Worsfold has a hard track ahead , but the Bombers will be back in 2 years under him.
Did I see a football pass very closely by Brendan Goddard , clean bowled him ?
Sydney have two big guns , but the rest aint that good. Keep on trying.The stretcher thing I think has been blown out of proportion, they thought the bloke was badly injured!
GC17 is in deep deep trouble.
Crows looking OK.
Freo need to rebuild , could be 20 years before they get up again , with the competition badly diluted .
2 divisions coming soon.

Liked: Nothing like a huge win, blue shorts at home. Better kicking for goal! Still plenty of improvement.

Learnt: A) Times up Hawks, this result has been brewing for weeks. They are on the slippery slope.
B) Tigers are shot to bits completely
C) Well, i already knew this one, Ross Lyon has failed to adapt to the new rule changes. He
thought his team was a final 8 formality. 3 goals to 3QTR time and nobody sees this as a
problem over there?

Hated: A) I still hate white away strips, the Saints looked awful, the Hawks still have no fashion sense
B) Umpire reviews where they are just guessing....see Port v Tiges.
C) North V Dogs blockbuster audition was like watching anything by Johnny Chase....
D) Deliberate out of bounds against Luke McDonald, WTF are these umpires sniffing pre game?
Got to agree with the white away strips. Hawthorn look like a pack of pansy s in those jumpers , they look weak , its a psychological thing I'm sure of it. The other side feels it too. I see that Geelong people are always ready to wipe Hawthorn off at the first opportunity, be careful.although your mob look pretty good at the moment and Dangermouse was a good get!!!

Why wouldn't they, they've been handed everything including the sink. The AFL = MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Yes and 18 is too many teams, watch out , soon 2 divisions, the also rans will make up the 2nd divi. The way Collingwood are looking they could be first 2nd division pick.
That's what expansions done to footy. GWS and GC17 have taken away 80 plus chances at picking up elite footballers for our fabulous game, with lots of help one of them is a danger of becoming a monster , a created manufactured entity, great team , but those players could have been spread through the AFL as we had it, 16 clubs , even that is nearly too many. So the look of the game is a scramble now. If you can't see it and your satisfied with the pack crap dished up now , then your blind!

NSW and QLD had a team each , Dimetriou is a mongrel. Started the AFL on this path .

Got to agree with the white away strips. Hawthorn look like a pack of pansy s in those jumpers , they look weak , its a psychological thing I'm sure of it. The other side feels it too. I see that Geelong people are always ready to wipe Hawthorn off at the first opportunity, be careful.although your mob look pretty good at the moment and Dangermouse was a good get!!!
Geelong people have seen it all before, we saw many lucky wins, just getting over the line and then whammo, the big reality check when we started to get thumped by teams who were previously easy beats. It's an inevitable scenario being played out here, if the Hawks struggle against the hapless Tigers this week then the lid could be sealed by June. Hawthorn could easily be 1-5 themselves this season. Good sides win those close matches, but they are pushing the envelope.

Liked: Mitch Robinsons game vs the Swans, has been exciting to watch this year.

Learned: GCS are the worst team in the competition at the moment by a fair margin.

Hated: Cameron Ling 'commentating' the GCS v GEE game. Talking up Kersten like he was some sort of genius... a huge break out game etc with 4 goals. Obviously we were horrendous but we were also missing most of our backline and two of our key backs in the game got injured in the first half. He had essentially no one playing on him!

I think that's been pretty apparent for a few weeks now. FWIW the rebuild is already under way.

Personally I didn't learn or hate much from this round but I most definitely liked Alex Pearce pantsing Tex Walker. Got a very special player on our hands.

Ha. Walker ain't exactly fit.

North

R1: Scored 107 vs 97 against Adelaide
R2: Scored 117 vs 83 against Brisbane
R3: Scored 136 vs 131 against Melbourne
R4: Scored 132 vs 101 against Fremantle
R5: Scored 119 vs 81 against Gold Coast
R6: Scored 61 vs 45 against Bulldogs

Total Score before R6: 1104 (220.8 points per game)

Bulldogs

R1: Scored 103 vs 38 against Fremantle
R2: Scored 93 vs 36 against Saints
R3: Scored 90 vs 93 against Hawks
R4: Scored 85 vs 49 against Carlton
R5: Scored 120 vs 67 against Lions
R6: Scored 45 vs 61 against North

Total Score before R6: 774 (154.8 points per game)

Bigfooty: Brad Scott's fault.

Lol.
Big Footy: dislike a post, so quote meaningless stats that ignore said post, which was referring to one game only.

Geelong people have seen it all before, we saw many lucky wins, just getting over the line and then whammo, the big reality check when we started to get thumped by teams who were previously easy beats. It's an inevitable scenario being played out here, if the Hawks struggle against the hapless Tigers this week then the lid could be sealed by June. Hawthorn could easily be 1-5 themselves this season. Good sides win those close matches, but they are pushing the envelope.

Your right , at the moment , we'll have to see what they do in the next 8 weeks, but they are also looking to the blooding and looking to the future. Don't need to fall in a hole this year or just get there and then for a few years down the track become the also rans.
I think every club has to work at not building for one big crack over a two year window, but each team must try like hell to keep a reasonable standard, its hard now with 18 clubs. But I do carry on a bit about the dilution, the worst thing for me would be that we split into two divisions, so all I can hope for is that we really can get to a stage, where every club has the chance during a ten/twenty year period to be premiers. I don't mean each year for 17 seasons every club gets a turn, I mean that the opportunity has to be available and you have to be good enough still. But you can't have clubs being beaten by 10 or 15 goals every week, if this expansion does that to the comp then 2 divisions will happen.
Disappointing if it happened , how do you pick them , how would you feel if there was a downturn at the Cats say , and then maybe Hawthorn , second division. Oooh dear.

Fit enough to play, don't be a sad sack.

Nah Pearce was good, but let's not get carried away. Tex can barely run atm. This is from our injury thread, posted today:

Does anyone else think Tex is carrying an injury which is not yet being disclosed?

He was on MMM this morning, he said that as has been speculated he has had an issue with his foot and hasn't really been able to train properly for the last 5-6 weeks as he has had it in a moon boot most of the time, reckons he is over the worse of it and hopes he can now start to ramp up at training but he didn't really sound convincing.

Nah Pearce was good, but let's not get carried away. Tex can barely run atm. This is from our injury thread, posted today:

Don't want to get into a thing here but that just sounds pretty negligent by your club. You guys were flying and we were winless, if he really was in such dire straights you should have rested him. Why risk arguably your most important player against a bottom of the ladder team? BTW, not being able to run has nothing to do with losing one-on-one contests against a beanpole ;)

Don't want to get into a thing here but that just sounds pretty negligent by your club. You guys were flying and we were winless, if he really was in such dire straights you should have rested him. Why risk arguably your most important player against a bottom of the ladder team? BTW, not being able to run has nothing to do with losing one-on-one contests against a beanpole ;)

Cool man. :thumbsu:
All I was saying was don't get too carried away. :airplane:
I'll trust Brett Burton and our fitness team who until last week had the lowest in the AFL, a total of 1 on our injury list, to manage our players but thanks for the concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right , at the moment , we'll have to see what they do in the next 8 weeks, but they are also looking to the blooding and looking to the future. Don't need to fall in a hole this year or just get there and then for a few years down the track become the also rans.
I think every club has to work at not building for one big crack over a two year window, but each team must try like hell to keep a reasonable standard, its hard now with 18 clubs. But I do carry on a bit about the dilution, the worst thing for me would be that we split into two divisions, so all I can hope for is that we really can get to a stage, where every club has the chance during a ten/twenty year period to be premiers. I don't mean each year for 17 seasons every club gets a turn, I mean that the opportunity has to be available and you have to be good enough still. But you can't have clubs being beaten by 10 or 15 goals every week, if this expansion does that to the comp then 2 divisions will happen.
Disappointing if it happened , how do you pick them , how would you feel if there was a downturn at the Cats say , and then maybe Hawthorn , second division. Oooh dear.
I think these clubs are so well run that any downturn will be temporary.

3 and 2 isn't flying. And you almost got up. You don't flirt with form.

Could give Tex a rest around the bye though.

He's obviously got an injury that isnt going to get worse and the fact that he's able to play while recovering is great.

The medical staff know a lot more than you or I, so leave them to it?

some of the times Fremantle have played Fyfe or Sandilands in past years has been genuinely negligent.

I learnt that I was right when I said GWS were a lock for the eight.

I was wrong in under-estimating North for the first month. They're unbeaten. They've made a player out of Waite. Anything is possible.

If the Lions can bring their game every week they will make a meal of a lot of sides. At home I'd tip them to beat any of the sides out of the eight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back