Autopsy AFL 2016, Round 7 - What have you liked, learnt and hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough - it was an assumption, I apologise. (Although, to be fair, Rod does give a certain sort of indication, but you're right I shouldn't have just relied on that) so was my assumption correct? You also still haven't answered my question.

You trivialised an issue that should not be trivialised. And again with this post trivialising both racism and sexism, issues that deserve more respect. You are now just being a turd to try to make some kind of bully point. Not going to work mate, you just look more stupid with every post.

You called me a racist. I am not. You've now called me a sexist. I am not. And there was nothing even remotely close to racism in my first post or sexism in my second - so you disrespected me with your pathetic little jibe - and, more importantly, you disrespect the issues themselves by trivialising them and trying to make it into a pathetic little joke.

I await your apology.
Chill out, it was all in jest, no harm intended. Apols for any offense.

Hit us up with your thoughts
Fremantle can form back up if they put their hearts into it, and Pav throws his weight around a bit.
The umpiring , no, not the umpiring, the rules grey and unfair killed off a teams chances this weekend gone , and will keep happening to everyone!
Its terrible the state the game can be changed in something petty and not needed, Ruckmen CONTEST THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they should BE ALLOWED TO.!
Hawthorn are working on their year, no where near where, they can be yet, and there are no guarantees of fourpeats!
GWS are definitely genuine and must keep on doing it to prove that are really consistent. But you got to keep it up.
Geelong are my premiership favourite today, they look deadly good.
Pies and Suns I don't know if they are both lousy, with no depth, or they are crippled , I'm serious , Abblett is a half the player at the moment, and the other side of that is even with him playing, this team cannot expect him to be the difference.
Saints are great, so are North , but a bit lucky too , but no they are right up there!
Tigers were better , but thats all.
Eagles , not what I thought and will fall down a bit more I think.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL MELBOURNE ARE, GREAT OR ONLY ON SOME DAYS , WHO CAN TELL?

Dislikes:
• Umpiring. I don't care if the umpires are going to pay everything or nothing. As long as they are consistent. Umpires can make some s**t calls, as long as it's consistent for both teams. These umpires need to realise that they aren't the focal point of the game. Pay what's there and be fair to both teams.

Hear hear. Dubious calls are neither here nor there if they apply equally to both sides. When only one team is being penalised and the other team can do no wrong (for the exact same acts) then that umpire needs a holiday from AFL ... permanently.

Liked: the fact crows were within a kick with a minute to go even though we played shithouse.
Hate: blaming umpires for a loss.
Learnt: or more reiterated, football fans are more one eyed than ever. Also a like!

Fair enough - it was an assumption, I apologise. (Although, to be fair, Rod does give a certain sort of indication, but you're right I shouldn't have just relied on that) so was my assumption correct? You also still haven't answered my question.

You trivialised an issue that should not be trivialised. And again with this post trivialising both racism and sexism, issues that deserve more respect. You are now just being a turd to try to make some kind of bully point. Not going to work mate, you just look more stupid with every post.

You called me a racist. I am not. You've now called me a sexist. I am not. And there was nothing even remotely close to racism in my first post or sexism in my second - so you disrespected me with your pathetic little jibe - and, more importantly, you disrespect the issues themselves by trivialising them and trying to make it into a pathetic little joke.

I await your apology.

You sound like a lot of fun to have a beer with on a Friday night.

Fremantle can form back up if they put their hearts into it, and Pav throws his weight around a bit.
The umpiring , no, not the umpiring, the rules grey and unfair killed off a teams chances this weekend gone , and will keep happening to everyone!
Its terrible the state the game can be changed in something petty and not needed, Ruckmen CONTEST THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they should BE ALLOWED TO.!
Hawthorn are working on their year, no where near where, they can be yet, and there are no guarantees of fourpeats!
GWS are definitely genuine and must keep on doing it to prove that are really consistent. But you got to keep it up.
Geelong are my premiership favourite today, they look deadly good.
Pies and Suns I don't know if they are both lousy, with no depth, or they are crippled , I'm serious , Abblett is a half the player at the moment, and the other side of that is even with him playing, this team cannot expect him to be the difference.
Saints are great, so are North , but a bit lucky too , but no they are right up there!
Tigers were better , but thats all.
Eagles , not what I thought and will fall down a bit more I think.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE HELL MELBOURNE ARE, GREAT OR ONLY ON SOME DAYS , WHO CAN TELL?
Why do you randomly yell mid post?

Hated
The BS abuse of umps and creation of controversy by commentators

So, do you think that an umpire is above criticism when he awards every marginal free to the team he's known to support, and none to the other team?

So, I'll add:

Hated:

Attempts to stifle discussion of a cheating umpire

Last edited:
So, do you think that an umpire is above criticism when he awards every marginal free to the team he's known to support, and none to the other team?

So, I'll add:

Hated:

Dishonest attempts to defend a cheating umpire
The commentators barrack all the time and don't judge all umpire calls equally.

They complain about calls they didn't like without vision to back it up and act like they never make mistakes in the commentary box.

Media is just as bad and this whole conspiracy theory that the umps are rigging games is fed by the pandering to outrage by the commentators and media.

Are their bad calls, sure every game against every team.
Do some teams seem to get away with more, looks that way sometimes.
Does their appear to be hometown bias, yep

Can people honestly rationally review umpiring decisions in the heat of a game, nope.

Are the umpires ever the main reason a team lost, not that I can recall.

But what gets focussed on every week, umpires playing for Hawks or Doggies or whoever.

The idea that your team didn't lose but was robbed. There seems to be more comments around umpiring than the actual game these days it's big footy not big umps

Maybe somebody should tell that to Troy Pannell, who seems to have decided that his role is to make sure that the Bulldogs win.
aab0db857c694eccfa7d5b5230375d3e.jpg

Excellent rebuttal.

No, wait, that's not a rebuttal at all. It's just a whine.
Already stated my opinion you obviously have an axe to grind over the Dogs v Crows umpiring if you want to keep wasting your energy on that go ahead but you might just enjoy the footy more if you moved on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are you insinuating that Ichabad Noodle is a drunk ???

No I think he was implying quite the opposite. I stand up for things, and don't cop s#*t, which makes me suspect in some people's eyes. No biggie. I don't need the understanding or approval of keyboard warriors to enjoy life and my friend's company.

So, I'll add:

Hated:

Attempts to stifle discussion of a cheating umpire
I get extremely angry too. I do think people above the umpires have to carry the blame. The (here's that word again) grey rules that these blokes are supposed to call in an instant , make for horrendous mistakes being made on a regular basis , a MUCH more regular basis than in years past.

It also lends itself to one day an adjudicator being bribed to cheat.

Look at our suspect world of sport, from every where, it a matter of time, it will kill the game, and the AFL has let this "greyness" go too far without even discussing it. Robbo and Gerard mildly touched on it the other night , but , they are part of the paid "say no evil" or "no job" crew that commentate.

Really BF people I am not blind. Its happening!Every one should be emailing your club about the rules committee , just maybe they will take notice! If enough people do!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back