Autopsy AFL 2017 - Rnd 7 - Liked, learnt & hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - A 10 goal to zip first quarter by a bottom four contender vs flag contender

Leant - just when you think a particular team appears unbeatable, something completely unscripted happens

Hated - Our poor setup and starts playing catchup footy. It won't be long before a team punishes the Bulldogs for their slow starts.

Liked/Learned/Hated: The Roller Coast Suns are still a thing

Don't know what to think about where we're at. Two weeks ago it looked like a couple of years before we're worth taking seriously, now it feels like finals could be possible this year after all.

Liked: Hawthorn winning, helping to put a gap between us and Melbourne on the ladder.

Hated: Hawthorn winning and making it less likely that we'll get a top 2 pick in the draft.

PS: Quite liked our win over GWS as well.
Today's game was a win/win situation for you guys. We clearly aren't good enough to play finals atm and St Kilda absolutely deserves to be in the top 8, they are playing really good footy. Think Adelaide will give us a hiding next week and pretty much destroy our finals hopes. I am glad to see St Kilda doing well though, even though you could say they are our direct rivals. Good luck with the next 4 weeks, I think you will come out in a pretty good position by halfway through the season.

Liked: 10 players under 35 games experience and nearly took the pts against the reigning premiers.

Learnt: well already knew but confirmed dogs have taken over from Hawks as afl protected species.

Hated: the new interpretation of deliberate is putrid.

Liked: Norths win. I actually like the Crows and they really are an awesome side. Just good to see a club defy all the predictions of doom and win two in a row. Taking the scalp of the best team in the comp no less.I'm not sure if they play finals, up to them now I think.

Learnt: Suns are impossible to predict. My pre season prediction is they are a smoky for finals and I'll stick with that.

Hated. Saints.
Just kidding we were outplayed on the night and their mids were outstanding.
:thumbsu: Well played.

Last edited:
Today's game was a win/win situation for you guys. We clearly aren't good enough to play finals atm and St Kilda absolutely deserves to be in the top 8, they are playing really good footy. Think Adelaide will give us a hiding next week and pretty much destroy our finals hopes. I am glad to see St Kilda doing well though, even though you could say they are our direct rivals. Good luck with the next 4 weeks, I think you will come out in a pretty good position by halfway through the season.
Agreed. In fact I think today buried our finals hopes.

Liked : Tim O'Brien, Blake Hardwick, Ryan Burton continue to develop nicely.
Learnt : Hawthorn don't do third quarters.

Hated: The re-emergence of the shoulder shrug as a means to earn a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - I tipped all the upsets. Saints, Blues, Eagles, GC, Hawks. Didn't pick North unfortunately.

Learnt - Melbourne are so so overrated it's not even funny. Our best footy is on par with Carlton. I'll go as far as saying we are close to bottom 4 with Collingwood, Brisbane, and Essendon.

Hated - Not much. I am pretty much used to Melbourne disappointing the way they do so nothing surprises me anymore.

Liked - The tigers effort for the contest again, think we are going places if we keep this type of mentality going

Learnt: I was right about Melbourne, there still a couple of years away.

Hated: Umpiring, Brisbane Bachar Houli always being a big reason we lose close ones.

Loved our first quarter. Was just awesome to see the effort & intensity. Don't think I've ever seen the kangas hold a team scoreless in an opening quarter.
Learnt - I'm not such a great tipster!
Hated - North boys making stupid decisions at times yesterday that cost us unnecessary goals.

Learnt that Hawthorn fans are a fair weathered bunch (feathered?).

38000 at the G, Against two Melbourne teams.

Perhaps that merger should have gone through.

Also.... Is there anything more predictable than Collingwood getting up with their back to the wall and then losing the next round to a supposedly inferior team.

Our MCG record is annoying, but that would do my head in as a fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back