Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Demons v Pies Sat August 15th 5:10pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9CCC3F84-573D-42E2-B475-66119B486F1A.png

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 12 • MELBOURNE V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY AUGUST 15TH 5:10PM AEST (GABBA)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 12 TEAMS

DEMONS

B: M.Hibberd, S.May, J.Lockhart
HB: C.Salem, J.Lever, N.Jones
C: E.Langdon, C.Oliver, A.Tomlinson
HF: J.Melksham, T.McDonald, B.Fritsch
F: C.Petracca, S.Weideman, K.Pickett
FOLL: B.Preuss, A.Brayshaw, J.Viney
I/C: J.Harmes, C.Spargo, A.vandenBerg, T.Sparrow
EMG: M.Hannan, J.Hunt, M.Brown, J.Smith

IN: J.Lockhart, B.Preuss, J.Viney
OUT: M.Hannan, T.Rivers (both omitted), L.Jackson (injured)

MAGPIES

B: J.Crisp, D.Moore, J.Madgen
HB: B.Maynard, L.Dunn, J.Noble
C: T.Phillips, S.Sidebottom, J.Daicos
HF: B.Mihocek, B.Reid, W.Hoskin-Elliott
F: C.Brown, D.Cameron, J.Elliott
FOLL: B.Grundy, T.Adams, S.Pendlebury
I/C: T.Varcoe, R.Wills, J.Thomas, T.Ruscoe
EMG: T.Broomhead, C.Mayne, M.Scharenberg, M.Keane

IN: D.Moore, B.Reid, W.Hoskin-Elliott, J.Elliott, S.Pendlebury
OUT: J.Stephenson, C.Mayne, T.Broomhead (all omitted), B.Sier, J.Roughead (both injured)

MELBOURNE 16.4.100
COLLINGWOOD 6.8.44

Last edited:

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
hope the pies win it by 10 points but its looking like a dees win by say 17 points. Dees had a longer break between matches and pies maybe lacking in key personnel is why dees may win. Pies can win it for sure but need to get a way better start then v crows and get the jump on the dees.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies should rest grundy he needs a spell to me hes starting to get burnt out. I keep pendles out for 1 more week. i can not see much changes to the pies probably have. Ill also keep elliott rested again too. Moore to come in for Rough head. Possible Atu in for either JT or Phillips. Keep the line up settled for a change.
Out: grundy (rest) Rough head
In: Max Lynch for grundy but will end up being Cox im afraid and Moore to replace rough head

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
They have a pretty good team the dees they look good on paper they have some good talent too surprised they are not in the top 4 to be honest.

piesforever20

Senior List
Jan 18, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Luke Jackson out with a hamstring injury and Max Gawn in serious doubt. You don’t risk someone who has a PCL strain. Surely doesn’t play. Good opportunity to rest Grundy but if he’s feeling fine, we’re almost guaranteed a win, especially with the players coming in (Pendles, Hoskin-Elliott, Moore, Elliott).

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hopefully Preuss is fit and available, otherwise we could be in some strife. We got away with no hit outs last week against North, but don’t think it’s sustainable against the better sides.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Grundy looks absolutely cooked atm, Hopefuly he is rested. Win this game and we might be able to salvage something this season, but the forward line is way too dysfunctional right now & I think the Dees will run over the top, they look pretty fit, running games out well

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Luke Jackson out with a hamstring injury and Max Gawn in serious doubt. You don’t risk someone who has a PCL strain. Surely doesn’t play. Good opportunity to rest Grundy but if he’s feeling fine, we’re almost guaranteed a win, especially with the players coming in (Pendles, Hoskin-Elliott, Moore, Elliott).
Guaranteed a win? Have traveled every week the last month, played each game with less rest than opponent, which continues into next fixture for some reason! , dees have 6 day break to our 4, and we missing 3 A graders in Howe, degoey, treloar. We are cooked atm from our schedule, this is a VERY hard game

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Guaranteed a win? Have traveled every week the last month, played each game with less rest than opponent, which continues into next fixture for some reason! , dees have 6 day break to our 4, and we missing 3 A graders in Howe, degoey, treloar. We are cooked atm from our schedule, this is a VERY hard game

Interesting I wasn't aware that Collingwood were the only team travelling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Must win for you so you’ve got to play him. No Gawn and Jackson is big for us, plus you’ve got some good inclusions.

Pies comfortably I am afraid.

piesforever20

Senior List
Jan 18, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
God these pies supporters are horrible. Stop doubting your own team (who have multiple good players back) and start having a little faith in them. Stop complaining you bunch of sooks

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don’t think we have anyone that can go with Petracca, and given how poor a tap ruckman Grundy is despite usually dominating hit out numbers I can the Dees mids having a field day.

willydave

All Australian
Oct 25, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
God these pies supporters are horrible. Stop doubting your own team (who have multiple good players back) and start having a little faith in them. Stop complaining you bunch of sooks
Jaidyn out is big for us... very happy with that, and our mids look better without Max. We are starting to get our run in open goals like ‘18. Could get messy.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Jaidyn out is big for us... very happy with that, and our mids look better without Max. We are starting to get our run in open goals like ‘18. Could get messy.
Our mids don't look better without Max, that's ridiculous. They're being more aggressive by going forward rather than sideways.

They played Adelaide and North, that's why they were able to pile on goals.

I'm confident we can win but to think that we're "starting to flex" based on beating up two poor teams is ridiculous, we look better but it can't be told if that's just because we've played poor teams or we've turned a corner.

Stephenson being out being a good thing for us is the only part of that post that is true.

Back