Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 9 - Dockers v Pies Sun August 2nd 6:10pm AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how?

• Dockers by less than a goal

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pies by less than a goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dockers by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dockers by a lot

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You do understand that it’s not his choice who he umpires? There is a reason the AFL have started to not have him do your games.
Cool.

Honestly, I couldn't care less who umpires our games. The only one I recognise if Razor anyway, because he's impossible to miss.

Oh, and Chelsea 'cos she's cute.

Treloar's throw and then high tackle on Mundy made it impossible for the Pies at the end.

Liked Conca's game, solid, is that his normal output Freo fans?

Much higher input than usual. A lot cleaner than usual too. Was very happy with his game.

Generally he has shown leadership at the back without having to do too much - and when he has actually done something with the ball he fails. So tonight was a very good game for him for us - maybe even his best. I may have a short memory, however, so other posters may be able to give more insight ;)

On a side note, Conca's in East Vic Park is now Conca's Sheesha bar and Kebab shop.

While the umpiring was questionable. I can't blame that at all.

Have to face facts: Pies really are not that good. And it's not to do with who we have out. The coaching, the way, the style they are playing. It's just terrible.
There is no hunger. No fight.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose the next three.

There are massive issues. Disconnection between mids - forwards.

See above.
Don't know if you read what I wrote, but its the free's (and 50m penalties as of last night) that we don't get that are the issue. No stats on these. What's a free for every other team in the round suddenly becomes 'play on'. He does pay us free's, often stupid ones that aren't there, 'ticky touchwood' types. But when it's a clear HTB/throw that is penalized every time, He hardly ever pays them to us, or is at best, extremely inconsistent in doing so.

Collingwood's entire game plan revolves around covering their lack of a proper spearhead up forward.

Even DeGoey for all his obvious goal scoring ability is not someone you can rely on for the bailout kick forward, where there's nothing really on and midfielders just slam it in the general direction of the big key forward (eg Dixon, Kennedy, Lynch) who for 4 quarters will reliably get to the drop of the ball, draw defensive attention and create a pack so the ball doesn't easily rebound.

Because they don't have that player, collingwood are hyper defensive further up the field, with their entire game plan revolving around getting crazy numbers around midfield contests, using other mids as a bailout rather than the kick down the line, and only going forward when they've got a good set up to prevent rebound football.

Ironically the player they desperately need is the one who kicked 4 goals on them on the weekend. If he sorts his set shots out, Taberner looks like the next genuine big key spearhead in the league, he covers ground well, has an excellent set of mitts, and has the body to survive 4 quarters of heavy contests. Fremantle would want to lock him down, because there will be plenty of teams willing to pay him Tom Lynch type money in a year or so.

Collingwood's entire game plan revolves around covering their lack of a proper spearhead up forward.

Even DeGoey for all his obvious goal scoring ability is not someone you can rely on for the bailout kick forward, where there's nothing really on and midfielders just slam it in the general direction of the big key forward (eg Dixon, Kennedy, Lynch) who for 4 quarters will reliably get to the drop of the ball, draw defensive attention and create a pack so the ball doesn't easily rebound.

Because they don't have that player, collingwood are hyper defensive further up the field, with their entire game plan revolving around getting crazy numbers around midfield contests, using other mids as a bailout rather than the kick down the line, and only going forward when they've got a good set up to prevent rebound football.

Ironically the player they desperately need is the one who kicked 4 goals on them on the weekend. If he sorts his set shots out, Taberner looks like the next genuine big key spearhead in the league, he covers ground well, has an excellent set of mitts, and has the body to survive 4 quarters of heavy contests. Fremantle would want to lock him down, because there will be plenty of teams willing to pay him Tom Lynch type money in a year or so.

Ha Ha Tabs what a weird player he is , he's maybe not as young as you think 27-28 so I doubt he gets a massive offer like T Lynch and he's definitely had his fair share of injury issues . Even after all these years and a few great games this year if someone asked me is he a good player I would have to answer ...... er maybe

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I probably wouldn't go that far...no winners there
You are a C word

What has happened to Collingwood in the space of 2 weeks?

Freo are proper sh*t and they're making the Pies players look like witches hats.

Are the hubs THIS bad for the away sides?
Just look to your mob, they *ing stank in the hub lol

Shows me the stats
The stats mean nothing, we don't even know if margetts was the umpire paying the frees.
Anyone who wants to defend him needs to watch the third quarter yesterday, it was a perfect example of how s**t he is and how hard he reems freo.

Just your average small midfield plodder . For a number two pick he is no Paul Haselby thats for sure

He did improve in the match but he'd want that shot at goal back...was comical!

They've been doing the rounds on twitter. Someone apparently even posted them on your board.
How many times does one need to reiterate to you that raw free kick differentials mean absolutely NOTHING!! It's when the frees are paid, in what circumstances, and where on the ground. It's not rocket science!

Wow, just saw the Mundy free again.

Gee whiz.....

Softest thing I've seen in years.

Not that it would've ultimately mattered but still. Appalling.

Freo gifted.
:thumbsdown: Spend more time on the Eagles boards, it suits you over there lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His been among the best contested marks in the league for quite a few seasons now. But has only played less then half of them. Like already said he is 27 already. So probably in his prime now.

Cool.

Honestly, I couldn't care less who umpires our games. The only one I recognise if Razor anyway, because he's impossible to miss.

Oh, and Chelsea 'cos she's cute.

never noticed Chelsea so I can't comment.

images-69.jpg but I have noticed the umpire conspiracy theories like many other amazing things get worked on and developed on the Fremantle board and then find their way down to the match day thread .
Maybe the fremantle board is where such things should stay ?

Last edited:
Back on topic.. Great win yesterday, Serong looks very promising, weve got an exciting prospect there..
Luke Ryan was superb, just a tough old fashioned footballer with a big heart..

If we can get a decent run with injuries, there’s a decent side in the making.

If Freo could pull out that type of game on a consistent basis i would suggest they would be playing for a flag within a couple of years.

You are a C word

Just look to your mob, they f*n stank in the hub lol

The stats mean nothing, we don't even know if margetts was the umpire paying the frees.
Anyone who wants to defend him needs to watch the third quarter yesterday, it was a perfect example of how sh*t he is and how hard he reems freo.
Why a c word? I was disagreeing to the point suggested we think that Gaff was the victim....read more carefully

Back