Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

True. Must also remember that wins in Adelaide were recorded in 2010 and 2011 as well. It would be a good omen if they get the job done.
It’s strange we haven’t played Port there more often in recent years though, particularly with an AO that holds a solid crowd.

I am hoping for a good game and obviously a pies win but I think in some way this is just a trial for what may come in September.
Sitting a game and 25% clear of 2nd and three games clear of 3rd, I wouldn't be surprised if Fly observes and keeps something up his sleeve for a finals meet.
For Port, this game at home means much more than the Carlton game, hence giving some players a freshen up for this.
Where Collingwood would like to win but it isn't the be all and end all (players most definitely but maybe not the coaching staff).
Getting a feel from the local Port supporters here, this game has been penciled in for quite a while, after the round two smashing.
Lose against Carlton and Ken can be forgiven (by some), lose against us at home, oh boy. It will be fun for me over here but not him:D .
I am not overly concerned if we win or not, I just want to tick each game off without injuries and get to finals with a clean bill of health.
That is when the fun (stress) begins.

Most likely outcome:
Solid win to Collingwood

Realistic outcomes:
Port in a close one
Collingwood in a close one

Unlikely outcome but possible:
Solid win to Port
Collingwood smash Port

No chance of happening:
Port smash Collingwood

Mihocek in, Johnson out
Cameron in, Frampton out
Mitchell from sub to starting, Markov from starting to sub.

Johnson, Frampton & Markov are stiff, but we are pretty much near full strength and spots are at a premium.

Ginnivan, Macrae & Johnson are emergencies.

It’s a great thing having such competition for spots. No slacking off or you’re out.

Last edited:
If Port win, they can thank us next week when we beat the Pies and they get top of the ladder.

Anyway, umpires for this match are Foot, Stephens, Findlay, Gianfagna.

You thought you’d beat us earlier in the year and that didn’t go to well.

Mihocek in, Johnson out
Mitchell from sub to starting, Markov from starting to sub.

Both Johnson & Markov are stiff, but we are pretty much near full strength and spots are at a premium.

Ginnivan, Macrae & Johnson are emergencies. Cameron not ready.

It’s a great thing having such competition for spots. No slacking off or you’re out.
Cameron is named in the side…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno why but I’ve been weirdly optimistic regarding this game for weeks. Last week doesn’t change anything for me, I think we get it done Saturday night by 2-3 goals.

Should be a ripper of a game. Both teams look at full strength or close enough to it, so no excuses here. Port at home are always better than they are away, like Brisbane is, so no surprises there because they will need that home ground advantage to overturn the 12 goal humiliation they suffered to the Pies in Round 2 at the MCG this season.

Pies by 7 points in a heart stopper!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Back