Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Lions v Pies Thurs April 6th 7:35pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-Coll.png

14th v 2nd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4

BRISBANE LIONS V COLLINGWOOD
THURSDAY APRIL 6TH 7:35PM AEST (GABBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

LIONS

B: Starcevich, Payne, Joyce
HB: McKenna, Andrews, Wilmot
C: Ashcroft, Bailey, Berry
HF: Cameron, Gunston, McCluggage
F: Zorko, Daniher, Hipwood
FOLL: McInerney, Dunkley, Neale

I/C: McCarthy, Rayner, Coleman, Prior
EMG: Robertson, Cockatoo, Sharp, Fort

IN: Prior
OUT: Fort (omitted), Answerth (sub)

MAGPIES
B: Murphy, Frampton, Maynard
HB: Crisp, Moore, Quaynor
C: Hill, N.Daicos, J.Daicos
HF: Sidebottom, Mihocek, De Goey
F: McCreery, McStay, Elliott
FOLL: Johnson, Mitchell, Adams

I/C: Noble, Pendlebury, McInnes, Hoskin-Elliott
EMG: Wilson, Allan, Macrae, Markov

IN: McInnes
OUT: Cameron (injured), Carmichael (sub)

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Lions Update:

CHARLIE CAMERON’S DIAMOND BOOT

Brisbane Lions star forward Charlie Cameron will wear a bespoke one-of-a-kind '23' diamond on his boot during tonight's warm-up.

The boot along with the diamond (valued at $6k) will be signed by Charlie and auctioned off post-game, with the proceedings going to Lions Legacy. Part of the funds will see the Lions Legacy send food, footballs, and merchandise to Charlie’s community and family in the Gulf of Carpentaria who are experiencing catastrophic flooding. Charlie’s community is incredibly important to him and very close to his heart.

The 23 Project has been made possible through the Brisbane Lions partnership with Claude & Me Jewellery.

The auction is live until Tuesday 11 April: https://app.galabid.com/the23project/

THREE-PEAT GUERNSEY

The Brisbane Lions will tonight wear a special commemorative guernsey to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Club’s 2003 premiership.

This limited-edition collector’s item completes the commemorative guernsey range released over the past three years celebrating the Club's 3-peat triumphs.

Every Premiership Players name is listed inside the number, as well as an image of the unforgettable team that brought home the silverware on that momentous day in 2003.

MITCH ROBINSON LAP OF HONOUR

Former Brisbane Lion Mitch Robinson will be given a Lap of Honour before tonight’s match.

Robinson, who retired at the end of last season, will take part in the Lap of Honour with his wife Emma and three children; Chance, Charli and Maali.

Robinson arrived at The Gabba at the end of 2014 after 100 games with Carlton. He played a further 147 games with the Lions, including being joint winner of the Merrett-Murray Medal as the Club’s Best and Fairest in 2015. The utility was awarded the Player’s Player in 2019, received All Australian nominee honours in 2019 and 2020, and kicked 129 goals over 14 seasons for both clubs.

Last edited:
I wanna hope that because this is being played at the Gabba this'll be a close one. I'm just scared...

Really depends which Lions side turns up, because I feel like we pretty much know what we’ll get from Collingwood now.

If it’s the Lions that lost to Port and the Dogs then the Magpies win by heaps.

If it’s the Lions that beat up on Melbourne for 3 and a half quarters then it’s game on.

This will be a massacre - to many issues at the Lions to overcome the rampaging Pies who all play for one another and actually have a game plan.

Pies by a lot.

Will get smashed in the hit outs, we got smashed around the ruck against the tigs and lost clearances but still won cp by 22.

Bris a different proposition at the Gabba though and so is Big O.

Could go either way, they've def got more talent on their list and now we're imbalanced with no ruck. Can our system overcome the lions?

If it was at home I'd say yes, not sure at Bris, can't call it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m surprised by the lions fans lack of confidence for this one given their team is strong. I remember when they were genuinely awful 8 or so years ago they’d still think they’d win

FB: Noble Frampton Murphy
CB: Maynard Moore Quaynor
C: Pendles Adams J Daicos
CF: McCreery Michochek N Daicos
FF: Elliott McStay Hill
R: Wilson JDG Mitchell
INT: Johnson (as back up ruck along with forward) Crisp Side Ginny
Med sub: McInnes
Out Cameron
In Wilson and Ginny

Pies by 21 points

The cricket wicket changes the way teams approach centre bounces. Always felt like certain teams struggled at the Gabba the week after playing at the MCG. I think Goodwin made note of it after their loss to the Lions?

I’m surprised by the lions fans lack of confidence for this one given their team is strong. I remember when they were genuinely awful 8 or so years ago they’d still think they’d win
This happens to every fan base after a loss. They’ll be on top of the world again if we win.

Will get smashed in the hit outs, we got smashed around the ruck against the tigs and lost clearances but still won cp by 22.

Bris a different proposition at the Gabba though and so is Big O.

Could go either way, they've def got more talent on their list and now we're imbalanced with no ruck. Can our system overcome the lions?

If it was at home I'd say yes, not sure at Bris, can't call it.
I think you're seriously over rating Big Oscar - I'd honestly rather Fort just play as solo ruck this week.

I think you're seriously over rating Big Oscar - I'd honestly rather Fort just play as solo ruck this week.
Be it Oscar or Darcy, Bris will win the ruck battle, it's not up for debate. It's how we negate after the ruck contests that will decide the game.

Make no mistake, we're not just gonna roll up and win like it's fait accompli, this is a test.

Last edited:
Huge game for the Lions, but the Pies are on fire. I think Collingwood gets home, but only just.

Back