Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Pies v Bombers Tues April 25th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Essendon.png

3rd v 2nd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 6

COLLINGWOOD V ESSENDON
TUESDAY APRIL 25TH 3:20PM AEST (MCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

PIES

B: I.Quaynor, D.Moore, B.Maynard
HB: N.Daicos, T.Ruscoe, J.Noble
C: S.Sidebottom, J.De Goey, J.Daicos
HF: B.Hill, B.Mihocek, J.Elliott
F: B.McCreery, A.Johnson, J.Ginnivan
FOLL: B.Frampton, S.Pendlebury, J.Crisp

I/C: T.Mitchell, N.Kreuger, W.Hoskin-Elliott, O.Markov
SUB: W.Kelly

IN: J.De Goey, N.Kreuger, T.Ruscoe, W.Kelly
OUT: D.McStay (injured), N.Murphy (injured), T.Adams (suspension), T.Wilson (sub)

BOMBERS
B: M.Redman, B.Zerk-Thatcher, J.Ridley
HB: J.Kelly, J.Laverde, A.McGrath
C: K.Langford, D.Parish, S.Durham
HF: A.Perkins, S.Weideman, W.Snelling
F: A.Phillips, J.Stringer, N.Martin
FOLL: S.Draper, D.Shiel, W.Setterfield

I/C: J.Caldwell, D.Heppell, A.Davey Jnr, J.Menzie
SUB: B.Hobbs

IN: A.Davey Jnr, B.Hobbs, S.Weideman
OUT: H.Jones (omitted), N.Hind (sub), Z.Merrett (suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

I think Essendon will get over the line this year.
Though I don't believe this is a true reflection of where the two teams are at, I believe that our lack of talls ATM, may allow us to be exploited.
Sometimes, it is when you play a team that gets you the win and not always talent alone.

I won't be disappointed with a loss, as I still have great belief in what the club is looking to achieve.
I still look forward to September.

Collingwood are $1.45 favourites with the bookies heading into this one and already have 80% of the over 750,000 footytips.com.au tips, so they should be winning this one fairly easily.

Particularly when you consider they finished top 4 last season and we were bottom 4, plus the expectations of both clubs coming into 2023.

Might change later in the year but right now we're a 50/50 shot at beating anyone.
Ess by 24pts

Collingwood are $1.45 favourites with the bookies heading into this one and already have 80% of the over 750,000 footytips.com.au tips, so they should be winning this one fairly easily.

Particularly when you consider they finished top 4 last season and we were bottom 4, plus the expectations of both clubs coming into 2023.
That's called a "Collingwood Bubble".

The Bombers just flogged the premiership favourites, have form as good as anyone's, and played well twice against Collingwood last year (without winning), it's a 50/50 in my book.

Hoping for any sort of win.

Should be close. I think Collingwood will take this one by a couple goals.

I think Essendon will get over the line this year.
Though I don't believe this is a true reflection of where the two teams are at, I believe that our lack of talls ATM, may allow us to be exploited.
Sometimes, it is when you play a team that gets you the win and not always talent alone.

I won't be disappointed with a loss, as I still have great belief in what the club is looking to achieve.
I still look forward to September.
I think I agree with you. No rucks and now with USA out as well, it's going to be a challenge. Yes we have outs too, but your extreme lack in talls could well hurt. The Pies will definitely be working to put pressure on the ball and ball carrier.... shall be a good game though I am sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those odds are way too short.

I think we'll struggle. Having no ruckman against a team whose rucking combination has been a real strength is going to be difficult to overcome.
Then having Mcstay and Murphy out depletes our talls even further. Adams is a big loss countered by Merret's exclusion.

It really should be 50/50 with maybe the Bombers being slight favourites given their recent form.

A well drilled Collingwood side should be too strong for an Essendon outfit missing last seasons top 3 B&F place getters.

Essendon outfit missing last seasons top 3 B&F place getters
Shhh. Don’t try and change the narrative that Collingwood have all their “important” players missing this game.

They are heavily favoured to win this game for a reason. Why? They are currently flag favourites which suggests they have a very deep list - which I agree with.

And for good measure, when De Goey returns and likely plays well next week, we will get days and days of media fanfare about his “ANZAC spirit” for beating this alleged case of diarrhoea to play in the game. Bank on it.

Those odds are way too short.

I think we'll struggle. Having no ruckman against a team whose rucking combination has been a real strength is going to be difficult to overcome.
Then having Mcstay and Murphy out depletes our talls even further. Adams is a big loss countered by Merret's exclusion.

It really should be 50/50 with maybe the Bombers being slight favourites given their recent form.

Countered by Merrett's exclusion?

What about Wright?

$1.45 odd are ridiculous, I think we’ll win but it won’t be without a heart palpitation or 2.

Countered by Merrett's exclusion?

What about Wright?
Pies fans mentioning Zerrett and Adams in the same breath is like Collingwood having Nick Daicos rubbed out and we counter it with Sam Durham.

Back