Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Dogs v Swans Thu May 23rd 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs_R_Us how about discussing it on the main board like a MAN instead of hiding away on your own teams board and tagging me?

There's a thing called 'momentum' and each free kick or overlooked swans free kick resulted in swings of momentum in the dogs favour. It would have absolutely changed the games outcome.

You guys can yammer on about winning the stats all you want. You won the stats as a result of poor umpiring.

Wait a minute.

“In June last year, Newbold called for a full-scale review of the league’s equalisation measures, citing the unevenness of the AFL’s model.”

Newbold called a review of equalization measures in June 2015, and NEXT YEAR a club won the flag who hadn’t won one previously in almost 70 years?

Doesn’t smell off at all

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Mate there's a difference between one hard to see free kick not being paid to an entire game of obvious free kicks being overlooked in favour of another team, which handed them momentum, time after time after time.
There's also a difference between a close game and one where the margin was a little bigger, against a team with a bigger cap and who had picked up two KPFs for nix.

Really though, I just enjoy all the contestant reminders of the flag we won, so thank you :thumbsu:

Really though, I just enjoy all the contestant reminders of the flag we won, so thank you :thumbsu:
I know you all secretly hate it. You all just want everyone to believe you won it fair and square. Otherwise you wouldn't all go ape shit when anyone mentions it.

Wait a minute.

“In June last year, Newbold called for a full-scale review of the league’s equalisation measures, citing the unevenness of the AFL’s model.”

Newbold called a review of equalization measures in June 2015, and NEXT YEAR a club won the flag who hadn’t won one previously in almost 70 years?

Doesn’t smell off at all
Says the supporter if a club who used COLA to recruit Franklin.

You do realise that your 2005 flag came in dubious circumstances off the back of 70 odd years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you all secretly hate it. You all just want everyone to believe you won it fair and square. Otherwise you wouldn't all go ape s**t when anyone mentions it.
I don't think the Swans would have suddenly started playing well if they got a couple of sliding rule free kicks or a couple of extra 50/50 decisions went their way.

Wait a minute.

Doesn’t smell off at all

I used to believe it was just umpires getting swept up in bulldogs-mania in the leadup to the robbery, but that really is suss.

Wait a minute.

Doesn’t smell off at all

Hahahah surely Swans supporters that aren’t completely unhinged would have to be embarrassed by this one.

The better team won, in 2015, both games in 2016 and the next game in 2017. It’s better for your sanity to accept reality that the Swans just couldn’t beat the Dogs back then, even on the SCG multiple times, and let it go. Your boys just weren’t good enough, it is what it is.

I don't think the Swans would have suddenly started playing well if they got a couple of sliding rule free kicks or a couple of extra 50/50 decisions went their way.
Momentum is an important part in footy mate. Games have swung before with single free kicks and decisions. Let alone a ****ing avalanche of them. You should know this with Libbas point in 97.

Hahahah surely Swans supporters that aren’t completely unhinged would have to be embarrassed by this one.

The better team won, in 2015, both games in 2016 and the next game in 2017. It’s better for your sanity to accept reality that the Swans just couldn’t beat the Dogs back then, even on the SCG multiple times, and let it go. Your boys just weren’t good enough, it is what it is.
Have you seen the umpiring stats for the last 30 years and the absolute outlier that was bulldogs 2016 season?

Momentum is an important part in footy mate. Games have swung before with single free kicks and decisions. Let alone a ******* avalanche of them. You should know this with Libbas point in 97.
As frustrating as that may be, we deserved to lose for dropping our bundle after the goal umpire got it wrong imo.

Back