Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Dogs v Swans Thu May 23rd 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Four free kicks right? Four situations where the game could have gone in a different direction, not necessarily a four goal difference as you blood stained clowns go on about. Apart from Kennedy albeit for a half, it's hard to find another Swans player on the day that beat their direct opponent. Look at the stats, the Swans were beaten across the board.

Oh so Buddy rolled his ankle? Dale Morris played with a broken back and still created the match winning moment against Buddy funnily enough.

How about tonight though? Thoughts?
Mate the fact the AFL had to literally come out and apologize to us speaks louder than your dumbass broken back is deadlier than Buddy's rolled ankle bullshit.

If the umpires keep their noses out of todays game we'll smash you by 60. And if you somehow beat us fairly I'll be the first to congratulate you and admit we suck (As I did with Geelong in 2022).

Mate the fact the AFL had to literally come out and apologize to us speaks louder than your dumbass broken back is deadlier than Buddy's rolled ankle bullshit.

If the umpires keep their noses out of todays game we'll smash you by 60. And if you somehow beat us fairly I'll be the first to congratulate you and admit we suck (As I did with Geelong in 2022).
Again, they apologised for four free kicks. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Swans would have won the game. You were outplayed in all of the important stats.

You're expected to win tonight but at Marvel I won't be counting us out. Good luck.

You're expected to win tonight but at Marvel I won't be counting us out. Good luck.

I'm relatively confident but having a couple of our key defenders out will play into the hands of Naughton. And I'm sure the bulldogs will look to exploit this.

I'm expecting the dogs to try to do a Richmond and put a lot of pressure on the ball carrier and get physical as that's the perceived weak point for the swans. Quick counters.

Unfortunately some of these dogs fans still aren't over the fact we outplayed them in the 2016 Grand Final.

It's been 8 years now fellas. Time to move on.

Dogs_R_Us how about discussing it on the main board like a MAN instead of hiding away on your own teams board and tagging me?

There's a thing called 'momentum' and each free kick or overlooked swans free kick resulted in swings of momentum in the dogs favour. It would have absolutely changed the games outcome.

You guys can yammer on about winning the stats all you want. You won the stats as a result of poor umpiring.

Can either of you tell me which teams stats these relate to? Would be a deserving winner of any match. I’ve bolded some key ones that shows one team was clearly playing better collectively and with more effort:

Disposals +10
Inside 50’s +18
Shots at goal +9

Clearances +5
Contested possessions +23
Turnovers -5
One Percenters +18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can either of you tell me which teams stats these relate to? Would be a deserving winner of any match. I’ve bolded some key ones that shows one team was clearly playing better collectively and with more effort:

Disposals +10
Inside 50’s +18
Shots at goal +9

Clearances +5
Contested possessions +23
Turnovers -5
One Percenters +18
You do realize free kicks and overlooked free kicks can increase stats that otherwise wouldn't have been there right?

We played exceptionally well but the umpires wouldn't give us a fair go all day.

You do realize free kicks and overlooked free kicks can increase stats that otherwise wouldn't have been there right?

We played exceptionally well but the umpires wouldn't give us a fair go all day.

That logic is right, being first to the ball all day means we definitely should have been awarded more free kicks :mad:

Corrupt umpires etc etc

You finished 7th and we finished 1st. Why was it played down the road from you again? 🤔

So you could get booed onto the ground and we could all have a good laugh.

We beat you on the SCG two months prior. Buddy had two healthy ankles, kicked 5 at your shoebox and you still couldn’t beat us.

What’s the excuse for that one, big man?

Don’t forget Andrew Newbold’s spell he cast or whatever
The bulldogs 2016 season had the highest free kick count in the history of Australian rules football for any season. Not just highest, but it was the highest by a huge margin. It's a suspicious outlier.

Coupled with swans-hater Newbold and the fact he came out and said what he said before the 2016 season, it should be investigated.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Back