Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Dogs v Swans Thu May 23rd 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can either of you tell me which teams stats these relate to? Would be a deserving winner of any match. I’ve bolded some key ones that shows one team was clearly playing better collectively and with more effort:

Disposals +10
Inside 50’s +18
Shots at goal +9

Clearances +5
Contested possessions +23
Turnovers -5
One Percenters +18
I reckon about 25-30 of your inside 50s were direct results of umpire interference along with most of your shots on goal so the real stats would have us up by at least 10 on each of those categories.

Same with contested possessions. Most of our possessions were immediately taken off us so the ball could be handed to the nearest dogs player so again I'd say the real stats would probably have us up by somewhere between 20 and 40 contested possessions.

One Percenters I'm not sure about, does that include acts of Bravery from the umpires?

Unfortunately we'll never know what the real stats or real scoreline would have looked like under non-AFL sanctioned corruption, and I'm not suggesting we would have thrashed you had it been a fair playing field but most likely an 80+ point victory to the mighty Swans.

Anyway... Like I said, you guys really need to move on and stop bringing this up every time the Swans are mentioned. It's not a good look.

25-30 inside 50s were from the umpires! Oh man, this is the best one yet. Lift your game bloodsbigot
Apologies, I just did a quick re-watch of the game to ensure full accuracy and fairness in my post and admit I missed a few.

I counted about about 38 inside 50s as a direct result of umpire interference

Apologies, I just did a quick re-watch of the game to ensure full accuracy and fairness in my post and admit I missed a few.

I counted about about 38 inside 50s as a direct result of umpire interference

Maybe 40!

Why did you lose two finals when you finished 1st? Should have been good enough to win all 3 finals if you were worthy of 1st yeah?

He probably didn’t watch the QF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made one comment about umpires at the start because some smartassey bulldogs supporter mentioned it. About 4 insecure bulldogs supporters replied baiting me. I've been replying in kind since. Don't accuse me of being focussed on that when you're all guilty of the same thing.
Insecure is a bit rich considering we're quite content and happy with the result of 2016.

Might not be you alone but your board and fans can never let it go.

7 rushed behinds and played in the rain. Unlikely to repeat under the roof unless the ground staff turn on the sprinklers.
You're right you might manage 9.13 like you did against the Bombers.

Back