Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Blues v Crows Sat April 13th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring is general still awful. Multiple bad decisions but those last few minutes, wow.

Carlton player deliberately punches the ball over the boundary, that's a free kick

Rankine gets tackled to the ground with the ball no where near, that is also a free kick.

Umpires = player on

Last edited:
Beautiful man love the DON
Steve Carell Ew GIF by Focus Features

Carlton will have ten players at a minimum unavailable for selection next week that would be in their top 25-30. It's not an excuse - it is just realistic that it is not a good position to be in going into the hardest 6-week patch of your fixture
Most importantly, making sure everyone knows about it ahead of time.

#onlyblueshaveinjuries

We play 30 in a side now ?
No but we have about 30 players that would be realistically putting their hands up for selection each week. Also my opinion of where they sit in the pecking order would be different to other Carlton fans so I prefer to be a bit more conservative

Every team has injuries but the quality and quantity of those injuries matter. Let's not pretend that on any given week every team is the same in that regard
Carlton fan believes that his own teams injuries are pretty much the worst in the competition, after losing to bottom 4 side, on the eve of playing better sides. And makes sure everyone knows about it.

Fair summary now?

Carlton fan believes that his own teams injuries are pretty much the worst in the competition, after losing to bottom 4 side, on the eve of playing better sides. And makes sure everyone knows about it.

Fair summary now?
You might be replying to the wrong poster - I never said anything about us having the worst injury list in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no other team so reliant on a home ground advantage and the umpires to win their games for them. Apart from Geelong of course.
You are aware Marvel tenants like Carlton very rarely get a true home ground advantage. It is only against interstate teams that we do - all games against Vic teams are neutral as we play the Marvel tenants at Marvel and MCG tenants at MCG.

Not even going to comment about the umpiring thing which is not backed by any sort of evidence/facts. Just people's general discontent for Carlton

Fair summary now?
All of our players are much better than the competition so any injury is automatically worse for us ;)

😂
You Geelong supporters alway, always bite. The most sensitive, thin skinned supporters in the country I reckon. You've got a collective short man syndrome. Never change :thumbsu:
Take it to the Bay, friend.

Well done Crows.
We had 8 more scoring shots and should've put the score beyond doubt, leaving no chance of a last minute loss.

I'm sure Freo fans and oppo supporters are enjoying the touched goal call that clearly showed enough evidence to be overturned. Good for you guys, but unfortunately it destroys the narrative that we're umpire's pets.

Anyway, can't change the result, so we move on to next week, with Walsh being better after his first run and hope the hamstrings of Cerra, Saad and Gov aren't too bad, heading into the toughest part of our fixture.

4-1 after 5 rounds isn't a terrible base to build on.

Back