AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder which Goulburn player will win the comp B&F this year? Anyone else think it’s a bit sus when a Goulburn player won the medal by the length of the Flemington straight two years in a row. I’m not saying they aren’t good players but IMO they were not close to the best in the league, especially not by a margin.

Club umpires eh.

I wonder which Goulburn player will win the comp B&F this year? Anyone else think it’s a bit sus when a Goulburn player won the medal by the length of the Flemington straight two years in a row. I’m not saying they aren’t good players but IMO they were not close to the best in the league, especially not by a margin.

Club umpires eh.
The new grass cutter out that way might take some votes off his team mates :moustache:

Club umpires eh.

Would be extremely surprised if Billy didn't get the three votes on Saturday. Didn't a Juggs player get the threes one a couple of years in a row?

I'd have Bill as a top 5 player in the regional competition.

Top Five would be something like (no order) - Bill Reid, Taylor Lee, Dyl McDermott, Toby Serafin and Luke Webb or Vaughan Winnell.

Would be extremely surprised if Billy didn't get the three votes on Saturday. Didn't a Juggs player get the threes one a couple of years in a row?

Top Five would be something like (no order) - Bill Reid, Taylor Lee, Dyl McDermott, Toby Serafin and Luke Webb or Vaughan Winnell.

Hey mate I think the bloke from threes back back was Shaun Green from Seahawks, your top 5 looks good Nov being a past winner by a margin lol mite be there too . Mcauly Harvie from Yass if he plays most games be my pick though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Club umpires eh.
Same thing with the leading goal kicker !

My mail is indicating that Lee may not even be the best forward at the Cats this year!

Solid list though

Anyone know why there is not a DIV3 /4 rep game every year anymore? was it a lack of buy in from clubs or just AFL Canberra stopped funding the teams?

Anyone know why there is not a DIV3 /4 rep game every year anymore? was it a lack of buy in from clubs or just AFL Canberra stopped funding the teams?
They played Sapphire Coast a few years back and it seemed as though the team that had to travel was at a huge disadvantage as both years they got a touch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

City (Canberra) vs country (surrounds) ??
If that was 4th grade and regionals it could definitely work. If you included 3's in that mix majority of 4's players would miss. I think that it is very unlikely however as AFL Canberra struggles to get a draw out prior to the season starting let alone organizing a representative game for grades.

If that was 4th grade and regionals it could definitely work. If you included 3's in that mix majority of 4's players would miss. I think that it is very unlikely however as AFL Canberra struggles to get a draw out prior to the season starting let alone organizing a representative game for grades.

As part of discussions around the community football structure in the pre-season, the idea of a regional vs city/div 3 rep game was floated. The league was apparently interested for the future, but didn't think they could run it this year for whatever reason.

4s players should miss out under the current structure. Same as reserves players in the seniors don't get their own rep game. Every 4s team has a 3s team above them from the same club.

Think a regional vs community rep game would be great. The top end talent in the regional teams is easily a match for the 3rd grade teams. Best 22 regional players vs best 22 Div 3 players would be a ripper. The reason the regional teams struggle in 3rd grade is squad depth. Having the best 5 players on the field is great, but won't win you a game against a team that has 22 solid contributors.

No chatter on here about div 3 or 4 seems to be all regional players quoting ! Just on the divisions Woden must have cheered when the league decided to separate the one teams clubs from the division 4 competition .Think its fair to say that they have been handed a premiership . Did i also see Woden players playing for Murrumbateman ?

Would love the league to have a look at bumping all 3s teams into the 2s comp, and dropping Gungahlin/Tuggeranong from 1s/2s to 2s/3s. Obviously leaves the question about what happens with the 1s sides (Sydney comp?) and regional sides (big 3s comp?)...

Reckon that would provide the best competitive balance, though probably not the all important match day experience... May also pave the way for sides like Woden, ANU, Bay for a crack at becoming 1s clubs eventually.

It’d be interesting to see what people’s thoughts were on who would make up the 22 for the regional side

Which side would Batemans Bay players be on? Play in Div3/4 but are regional. If you added them to the regional rep team it could tip the odds in favour of the regionals I recon.

Leaving the bay out because there in Div 4 and Belconnen because there in the city

Guttler Pearson Daw
Barr Obrein Harvie
Serafin Bird Trelor
Webb Lee Armstrong
Karim MKnight Clarke

Baldock
Mcdermott
Reid

Bench
Hanily
Hourn
Winell
Garrett

Last edited:
I came up with

Barr Daw Pierson
Serafin Ash Condon
Winnel Bird McDermott
Hanley Maskel-Knight S.Trelor
Cameron Lee armstrong
Baldock Reid Thompson

H.trelor
Wicks
Guttler
Harvey

Coach. Lemon

It would be a long time since Adfa led the comp in both grades I would think . No real shocks in the regional grade yesterday . Coota and Goulburn still unbeaten, Yass had there first win while Belconnen and murrumbateman are yet to win one .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the Cats V Coota game was flattering for the Cats. 32 scoring shots to 10 and they only won by 52 should have been closer to 100. McDermott was easily best on ground and carved them up while Maskell-Knight kicked 5 or 6 in the last quarter to put a line through them. Very impressive win by them and I would be surprised if anyone gets close to them this year.

Good to see that Tuggeranong and Gunghalin have gotten their first wins of the year in the seniors. Are Gunghalin still getting first access to Demons players that aren't being picked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back