AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a look at the ladder and Cooma and Goulburn have the exact same games played now. So the forfeiting team gets the loss plus 90 against. Seems like a fair result in the end.

Have another look Willy for some reason hasn't updated from the weekend's game. If the loss counted Cooma would be on 3 losses as they've only lost to Coota twice.

Have another look Willy for some reason hasn't updated from the weekend's game. If the loss counted Cooma would be on 3 losses as they've only lost to Coota twice.
My mistake I thought i saw the other day they had updated it. Just had another look and the Cats were hit with 200 point loss for the forfeit as were Belconnen. Yikes

My mistake I thought i saw the other day they had updated it. Just had another look and the Cats were hit with 200 point loss for the forfeit as were Belconnen. Yikes

Still doesn't mean much if you don't get a win out of it. Absolute slap in the face and there is words doing that rounds that we haven't seen the end of forfeits this season.

If Cats win this weekend they lock away second spot on the ladder. If Goulburn win they lock in a finals spot unless the Eagles get up over the Blues.

Even though the cats got beat yesterday by Belconnen I suspect that they are the team travelling to Cootamundra for the prelim . Rumour has it that the finals in the regional grade will be umpired by club umpires . I guess that’s reward for effort

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even though the cats got beat yesterday by Belconnen I suspect that they are the team travelling to Cootamundra for the prelim . Rumour has it that the finals in the regional grade will be umpired by club umpires . I guess that’s reward for effort

So when I asked early in the season if they provided any value for the rego fees apart from league umpires in finals... We don't even get that now? 😅

So when I asked early in the season if they provided any value for the rego fees apart from league umpires in finals... We don't even get that now?

If club umpires are accredited they can get paid by the league . But then the league sends your club a invoice for them .so this means that no umpire fees are in the affiliation fees you pay the league . That fee is simply for them allowing your club to be apart of such a wonderfully run organisation 🤭

I reckon if you were picking a team for Rep to try and take down the 3s (if this competition still exists in future) something like this would be my team.

FB - Bird Pearson (C) Guttler
HB - Serafin Willcox Buchanan
C - Caldwell Hourn S Treloar (VC)
HF - Mazzochi Lee Webb
FF - Warden Maskell-Knight Iemma
R - Baldock Reid McDermott
I - Karim Z Oliver Curtois Cameron

Its actually beyond the point of being funny. We pay the same registration, affiliation and insurance fees as all teams yet we only get a % of what they do. My proposal for next year if they decide to continue regional grade all 6 teams split off and have their own competition. We already provide our own umpires and venues have nothing to do with them. So same format as this year but the neutral venues are in Canberra and 4 teams play there on the same day while 1 team travels and 1 has a home game (Coota at home v Belconnen). All 4 teams playing at that venue split the ground hire fee. It would save the issue of travel every week and we would run our own finals system.

Thoughts?

I don’t know about the logistics but it would certainly open up the possibility of further teams forming . You could possibly poach a woman’s division as well . And no disrespect but I don’t think it would worry the league either .

Apparently there is a regional and community meeting on Wednesday. Dare say it will all be discussed there and answers will be given or more questions perhaps. We shall wait and see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there is a regional and community meeting on Wednesday. Dare say it will all be discussed there and answers will be given or more questions perhaps. We shall wait and see!

Looks to be an interesting meeting to fordy , Word on the street is that the community teams are seeking the same structure for next year .

Its actually beyond the point of being funny. We pay the same registration, affiliation and insurance fees as all teams yet we only get a % of what they do. My proposal for next year if they decide to continue regional grade all 6 teams split off and have their own competition. We already provide our own umpires and venues have nothing to do with them. So same format as this year but the neutral venues are in Canberra and 4 teams play there on the same day while 1 team travels and 1 has a home game (Coota at home v Belconnen). All 4 teams playing at that venue split the ground hire fee. It would save the issue of travel every week and we would run our own finals system.

Thoughts?

Might as well. It's probably what the league were going for anyway. Like the idea of a joint event for neutral games.

Any feedback from the meeting?

From what I’m hearing mate discussion was around not having a regional comp next year . I believe Coota, Cooma , and Belconnen will go into div 3 while Yass, Goulburn, and murrumbateman will go into division 4 . Talking to both Coota and Cooma reps they are committed to going into threes not sure about Belconnen.

Belconnen looks as though they are hitting their straps at the right time and coota look like the walking wounded at the moment , a few missed and a few injured in the game yesterday.

From what I’m hearing mate discussion was around not having a regional comp next year . I believe Coota, Cooma , and Belconnen will go into div 3 while Yass, Goulburn, and murrumbateman will go into division 4 . Talking to both Coota and Cooma reps they are committed to going into threes not sure about Belconnen.

Are they committed to going into 3's to avoid the regional grade or is it something that they want to challenge themselves to do? What will happen to the structure if say Queanbeyan who this season were looking to put in a 3rd grade team go down that path again and actually get that team in? Or Eastlake who had a 3's team the year before want to put that team back in?

Are they committed to going into 3's to avoid the regional grade or is it something that they want to challenge themselves to do? What will happen to the structure if say Queanbeyan who this season were looking to put in a 3rd grade team go down that path again and actually get that team in? Or Eastlake who had a 3's team the year before want to put that team back in?

The only part of that question I can answer is , both Cootamundra and Cooma are welcoming the challenge of third grade . While on the third grade talk Murrumbateman are going to build towards both threes and fours .

Belconnen looks as though they are hitting their straps at the right time and coota look like the walking wounded at the moment , a few missed and a few injured in the game yesterday.
How many twos players can they play in finals ? Belconnen of course

How many twos players can they play in finals ? Belconnen of course

Provided they meet the qualification requirements, and both Belconnen's 1s and 2s are in the seniors finals, as many as they want. Think the qualification is at least 4 games in that grade or below, unless the teams above are in still in, in which case it is at least 4 games for the club. If the other sides are still in, it doesn't matter how many games you've played in a higher grade. You could have played none, but get dropped from 2s for their final and you could play the Regional GF as your only game of Regionals. If the other teams are out, you can't have played more than half your games in a higher grade than you are playing the final in.

Provided they meet the qualification requirements, and both Belconnen's 1s and 2s are in the seniors finals, as many as they want. Think the qualification is at least 4 games in that grade or below, unless the teams above are in still in, in which case it is at least 4 games for the club. If the other sides are still in, it doesn't matter how many games you've played in a higher grade. You could have played none, but get dropped from 2s for their final and you could play the Regional GF as your only game of Regionals. If the other teams are out, you can't have played more than half your games in a higher grade than you are playing the final in.
Wow complex !

Wow complex !

Gets better... First week of regional finals is the last week of the home and away season for "senior" footy, so despite Belconnen 1s/2s playing, only players who have qualified (4 games in regionals, no more than 9 in higher grades) to play regional finals can play in the regional game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back