AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah South cab smacked it on the noggin. It was looking hairy until the coaching staff chased up some lads from the Hogs

Tuggers forfeit with 13 available players. Tough few weeks in the regional comp with player availability. Training seas tomm and road trip to Cooma next Sat!

Tuggers forfeit with 13 available players. Tough few weeks in the regional comp with player availability. Training seas tomm and road trip to Cooma next Sat!

Sorry Clarke
that's shit. Looks like you guys are going to cop it the worst although we havent had that many home games so we might have a few forfeits coming too. God i hope the league sees that this is crushing our grade and changes it back next season.

How do Harman blokes play for cooma though? They have a bye or something? Good for footy overall if it gets a game up and happening.
Not sure exactly myself. We might have an affiliation now or possibly something to do with queanbeyan? Really not sure but at the end of the day they have lads missing out and we could've forfeited without them so i hope everyone is happy

How'd everyone fare on the weekend? We copped a bit of a lesson from Goulburn (it was probably more than a "bit" of a lesson, truthfully), but game was played in pretty good spirits. Seem to be a pretty good bunch of lads there, always look after us well. Apologies for not being able to scrape together an umpire/goal umpire. Good to see a few of our inexperienced guys get a game, couple of promising signs from guys who haven't played much/any footy.

With no footy for a month, the Coota squad hooked into a grueling training session on the weekend. Will set the foundation for this weekends match with Cooma. A side riding with plenty of confidence winning over Yass. Will be great to see premiership player Matt Lieschke return to the squad off half back

With no footy for a month, the Coota squad hooked into a grueling training session on the weekend. Will set the foundation for this weekends match with Cooma. A side riding with plenty of confidence winning over Yass. Will be great to see premiership player Matt Lieschke return to the squad off half back
That bloke is a demon. Kicked a lazy half dozen last year against us. Off the wing/back flank.

Andrew played several matches with us last season and was struck down with an ACL in the final round against Yass. Matt will compliment our defence and switch forward. Hoping to utilise Andy in an assistant coaching role during the second half of the season.

Sorry Clarke
that's shit. Looks like you guys are going to cop it the worst although we havent had that many home games so we might have a few forfeits coming too. God i hope the league sees that this is crushing our grade and changes it back next season.

Think the league will leave it as it is .To many forfeits like this year would upset a higher grading format. But im with you jectz I hope they change it somehow and in someway.

Think the league will leave it as it is .To many forfeits like this year would upset a higher grading format. But im with you jectz I hope they change it somehow and in someway.

Meanwhile, 3rd on the ladder in 4th grade sits 4 games behind 2nd, at 3-5 with a percentage of just 65... Great comp.

Still have no idea why they wouldn't have just gone with the "Regional" sides split into the 3s and 4s comps.

Meanwhile, 3rd on the ladder in 4th grade sits 4 games behind 2nd, at 3-5 with a percentage of just 65... Great comp.

Still have no idea why they wouldn't have just gone with the "Regional" sides split into the 3s and 4s comps.

Exactly! But looks like the double header is more important then close comps. It would've been cool to see the 4 regionals with ANU and Harman this year. Killer games all around I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly! But looks like the double header is more important then close comps. It would've been cool to see the 4 regionals with ANU and Harman this year. Killer games all around I reckon
Everything they done this year was all done to late and then at the last minute I think they just gave up or in !!! Last years comp wasn't broke so why did they think they had to fix it ?? Its a shame how it has turned out for the other grades as well . I do hope that they can change it next year but I have my doubts.

Give him another week off mate. :)

Everything they done this year was all done to late and then at the last minute I think they just gave up or in !!! Last years comp wasn't broke so why did they think they had to fix it ?? Its a shame how it has turned out for the other grades as well . I do hope that they can change it next year but I have my doubts.
Really enjoyed playing in that comp last year. You blokes are great competition and I personally enjoy it but you deserve to have crack at some canberra teams rather than just each other.

Really enjoyed playing in that comp last year. You blokes are great competition and I personally enjoy it but you deserve to have crack at some canberra teams rather than just each other.

Id like to see it return to something similar a lot of blokes who played for us last year didn't return under the current format, deciding to take a year off rather then play against each other every other week . While I can understand there reasoning Im a little disappointed in there decision as well . Given how Yass are currently travelling some of that experience would have been invaluable , . I will be re applying for the coaches position next year if Yass will have me. although I think Sero is doing a great job and deserves to build on his young chargers from this year next year.

The Ainslie V Tuggers game is going to be re-scheduled, most likely on a Wednesday night, hopefully in the not to distant future. Very frustrating. The first time in about a month, we were under pressure to 'pick' a side instead of just playing every fit person, with probably 6 blokes missing out on a game. I was feeling confident that this was the week we would get our season back on track, just with the commitment levels at training, and some mid-season recruiting.
To add to this, about 5 under 18s were looking for games, and the thought of league appointed umpires and Friday night footy is really disappointing.
Apologies to chief and the tuggers boys, was realy looking forward to it, and actually get the chance to have a game myself, with the Div 2s and regional not clashing for once.
The sunny blue sky feels like a bit of a slap in the face at the moment.

The Coota boys enjoyed their biggest win of 2015 over Cooma by 95. Inclusions of Steve Chant and Matt Lieschke creating a positive vibe through the squad. Big Tony, Meats and Khai had good games for Cooma. Sorry we couldn't stick around for trivia. Will catchya for the next battle in Coota. Big challenge after the bye as we host Goulburn.

The Coota boys enjoyed their biggest win of 2015 over Cooma by 95. Inclusions of Steve Chant and Matt Lieschke creating a positive vibe through the squad. Big Tony, Meats and Khai had good games for Cooma. Sorry we couldn't stick around for trivia. Will catchya for the next battle in Coota. Big challenge after the bye as we host Goulburn.

Huge win Blue. Chanty is back. The league experiment failed? Great for Coota but he did seem like a bloke who'd stick it through. Any word on Yass & Goulburn. Also has a date been set for Tuggers and Ainslie to replay there missed game?

Huge win Blue. Chanty is back. The league experiment failed? Great for Coota but he did seem like a bloke who'd stick it through. Any word on Yass & Goulburn. Also has a date been set for Tuggers and Ainslie to replay there missed game?
Goulburn beat Yass by 50 odd im told

Coota red hot yesterday. Chanty a great addition to an already great mid field and the rest of the lads run run run. I think they match well with Goulburn now. I'm very interested to see how the next game between the swans and blues goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back