AFL Round 12: Brisbane v Essendon Sunday 1:10pm AEST @GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

We were better before we beat the Hawks, seems like since that win we have reverted back to crap standards of football.

Not happy, Bombers were ripe for the taking and we came out playing crap. I don’t mind losing to good teams and playing well but losing to a bottom half team playing poorly is extremely frustrating.

They should not call those finger touches 'touched' as it happens all over the field yet is not paid then so why should it be paid when it's a scoring shot? Touched should not be reviewable

They always call it out elsewhere around the ground, happens every week someone thinks they've taken a mark but the ump called touched off the boot.

I think a part of it is the system though. We don't have sound to the reviews. Part of what the field umpire would make their decision on is the sound of the touch - we've all played footy. They don't need to review ones the field ump has clearly and confidently said touched on.
That was on the umpire for reviewing it though, he shouldn't have reviewed it in the first place given he called touched.

The field umpire made the mistake of going to the review after calling the ball touched and then the score review guy wanted to outdo the umpires mistake asking for the review by f***ing up the review itself.

They can’t possibly be that blind. They started focusing on the player that jumped up (who’s hand it missed) rather than Beams’ hand. Not sure the score reviewers know the definition of umpires call either.. you can’t overturn a decision unless you’re 100% certain and with the s**t cameras we have it’s never conclusive. Either spend more money (can’t tell me the AFL are poor) getting it right or scrap the whole thing.

Clear Mark not paid to bris in the goalsquare
Clear point called a goal to ess
50m penalty for a goal in the 1st quarter for ess despite it never being called again when it happened 15 more times

This game should be declared null & void. We lose easily enough we dont need any help to lose from umpiring incompetence.

That was on the umpire for reviewing it though, he shouldn't have reviewed it in the first place given he called touched.

The field umpire made the mistake of going to the review after calling the ball touched and then the score review guy wanted to outdo the umpires mistake asking for the review by f***ing up the review itself.
This is what is annoying, only reason they checked is it went through the big sticks. If it was a mark it would have been play on, so why change it up for a score?

The entire system is a joke and seems to be getting worse rather than better

We were better before we beat the Hawks, seems like since that win we have reverted back to crap standards of football.

Not happy, Bombers were ripe for the taking and we came out playing crap. I don’t mind losing to good teams and playing well but losing to a bottom half team playing poorly is extremely frustrating.

Thought you guys were a sure thing today to be honest. Maybe losing Charlie Cameron and missing Mitch Robinson had a bigger impact than many expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear Mark not paid to bris in the goalsquare
Clear point called a goal to ess
50m penalty for a goal in the 1st quarter for ess despite it never being called again when it happened 15 more times

This game should be declared null & void. We lose easily enough we dont need any help to lose from umpiring incompetence.
Which one was this?

I'm just going off on the umpire both yesterday and today saying they have to review it - I didn't know that but it's 2 in 2 days so they must have to. Then we all know you hear the touch more than you see the touch when you're out there and they don't include that (although Beams' fingers still bent back), so by that it's just a ludicrous system (I agree the decision was even worse than the system though).

I'm just going off on the umpire both yesterday and today saying they have to review it - I didn't know that but it's 2 in 2 days so they must have to. Then we all know you hear the touch more than you see the touch when you're out there and they don't include that (although Beams' fingers still bent back), so by that it's just a ludicrous system (I agree the decision was even worse than the system though).
Ironically they went umpires call yday & I reckon he touched the boot of the kicker & it was probably a goal. & today it was clearly a point & they go and overturn it

We were kissed on the dick for a lot of that game, Umps definitely hurt the Lions.

Bad kicking hurt them more however both teams really.

Review system is a joke, Jakey laughing after the goal sums it up.
Good post. You were lucky to win, but we weren't unlucky to lose. Poor kicking from both teams, Essendon converted slightly better so they won.

not a game the umps, lions or dons would want to look at again
We were ripe for the picking. Slow around the ball, down one of our best, terrible forward line and kicking putridly.

Lions just made too many basic errors that cost them.
Did not do enough to stretch our backs or expose the likes of Myers, Dea, Brown and Green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back