Afl tas video review

Remove this Banner Ad

ZZ TOP

Senior List
Mar 25, 2007
hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think anyone has a problem with with afl tas or umpires panel scrutinising gameday footage. i don't agree with them doing it to appease any particular club though. in this case the club is lauderdale. obviously they are not happy with the treatment handed out to tom brennan after that incident. as a result clinton brown appears to have been cited for striking.fair enough if correct. surely if they were looking for anything untoward they would have cited dienno for his strike on degoyer. maybe that would upset ewington & the whole exercise of scrutiney was to keep him happy. go figure hey, sounds llike they are both chasing their own tails.

I don't think anyone has a problem with with afl tas or umpires panel scrutinising gameday footage. i don't agree with them doing it to appease any particular club though. in this case the club is lauderdale. obviously they are not happy with the treatment handed out to tom brennan after that incident. as a result clinton brown appears to have been cited for striking.fair enough if correct. surely if they were looking for anything untoward they would have cited dienno for his strike on degoyer. maybe that would upset ewington & the whole exercise of scrutiney was to keep him happy. go figure hey, sounds llike they are both chasing their own tails.

Not having seen the incidents makes it hard to form an opinion. However seeing that AFLTas have done a video review doesnt fill me with confidence either. Having seen Boon from Clarence blatantly stiff arm am opponent at NHO 2 years ago & AFLTas effectively ignoring that blatant head high hit, again it doesnt fill you with confidence that they will sort it out properly.

Not having seen the incidents makes it hard to form an opinion. However seeing that AFLTas have done a video review doesnt fill me with confidence either. Having seen Boon from Clarence blatantly stiff arm am opponent at NHO 2 years ago & AFLTas effectively ignoring that blatant head high hit, again it doesnt fill you with confidence that they will sort it out properly.

apparently Hobart lost Briggs for a week when video footage was inconclusive, ABC footage doesn't really show anything so they went on the umpires report whom had a better view apparently? If this is the case what on earth were the umpires watching at the Lauderdale game when so many players recieved such injuries, were they at the time struggling for control of the game and hoped that video would sort things out later. Maybe paying a free kick to one team then giving a player from that team the ball and starting play would be an option, players seem to be programmed to forget fighting and start chasing the footy when this happens. Maybe the footage will get some airtime and this game in time will be elevated to legendary status just like the 88 GF was because of the violence onfield, pretty much only thing anyone would remember about the game, AFL Tas crack down on violence or using it as a marketing tool:eek:

I saw the incident that Briggs was charged with and didnt think there was much in it. He pleaded guilty however and took the mandatory one match ban.

If they bring in the video review then i rekcon it'll be a long season at the tribunal. Most games have some incidence of violence (its not touch football) that if scutinised could surely attract weeks....

AFL Tasmania's video review system contains a mobile phone, with shots taken 150 metres away!! They wouldnt have a clue!! :thumbsdown:

AFL Tasmania's video review system contains a mobile phone, with shots taken 150 metres away!! They wouldnt have a clue!! :thumbsdown:

that wouldn't surprise me at all, but seriously all games are done by hutch tv & are done really well. the brennan vision was captured by hutch & they got that pretty well. afl tas refuse to put any money into recording of tsl games but demand the vision for tribunal purposes. hutch should tell them f..k off.

that wouldn't surprise me at all, but seriously all games are done by hutch tv & are done really well. the brennan vision was captured by hutch & they got that pretty well. afl tas refuse to put any money into recording of tsl games but demand the vision for tribunal purposes. hutch should tell them f..k off.

Really! Well if AFLTas want a more professional league then they should be pitching in with video coverage costs. Hell they get AFL & Government money. How about actually putting some of it into helping clubs a bit ( other than the ones they already bankroll of course:p)

made up for it this time. wells & degoyer suspended tonight. no video review either, just get a couple of people from the crowd, ask them if they saw it, get em to sign a piece of paper, bob's your mothers brother.
don't know who smells worse out of this, AFL tas or lauderdale.

made up for it this time. wells & degoyer suspended tonight. no video review either, just get a couple of people from the crowd, ask them if they saw it, get em to sign a piece of paper, bob's your mothers brother.

Why would Lauderdale smell worse. DeGooyer and Wells both threw connecting punches. If they didnt, they wouldnt be suspended.

Do you know the full story???

Why would Lauderdale smell worse. DeGooyer and Wells both threw connecting punches. If they didnt, they wouldnt be suspended.

Do you know the full story???

i know AFL tas or north didn't call for an investgation into the incident. lauderdale, driven by their football manager, have been badgering, whinging & whining to the powers to be at argyle st as an act of sour grapes over what they think was a harsh penalty handed out to brennan.
do you know the full story bernie? if so why not fill us in about the talk of resignations from board members & the general disbelief from some players & supporters as to how the club has been behaving over the last fortnight.

i dont think the question is whether or not they did it, its the fact that Lauderdale have been allwoed to run a kangaroo court and call spectatcors as witnesses. have they got proof that they were there. who can be 100% sure that they saw the whole inncident. AFL Tas has now set a precident for any club to call any of its supporters up and be 'witnesses'. whats the need of the umpire if the public can call the shots and go after players left right and centre.

i know AFL tas or north didn't call for an investgation into the incident. lauderdale, driven by their football manager, have been badgering, whinging & whining to the powers to be at argyle st as an act of sour grapes over what they think was a harsh penalty handed out to brennan.
do you know the full story bernie? if so why not fill us in about the talk of resignations from board members & the general disbelief from some players & supporters as to how the club has been behaving over the last fortnight.

By the sounds of it Frank, you know the full story. Brennan left the field with blood pissing from his nose plus 3-4 visible bruises to his face and forehead. That didnt happen by itself.
Sounds like you are a bit closer to the action than me Frank. Come on then, out with it.

By the sounds of it Frank, you know the full story. Brennan left the field with blood pissing from his nose plus 3-4 visible bruises to his face and forehead. That didnt happen by itself.
Sounds like you are a bit closer to the action than me Frank. Come on then, out with it.

Lets hope HutchTV can finally put the footage up now, you dont want to see violence on the footy field but when a player kings hits a young bloke (or anyone for that matter) i think you will find it very hard to to not do anything about it. Nothing would have happend if Brennan had of not jumped off the ground and hit a player with a swinging fist knocking him clean out.
The dale loose Brennan for 6 and dingo for 1
North loose McCulloch for 4, De gooyer 4, Wells 2, Brown 1 and they went after fisher for 1 as well
What a joke!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think the question is whether or not they did it, its the fact that Lauderdale have been allwoed to run a kangaroo court and call spectatcors as witnesses. have they got proof that they were there. who can be 100% sure that they saw the whole inncident. AFL Tas has now set a precident for any club to call any of its supporters up and be 'witnesses'. whats the need of the umpire if the public can call the shots and go after players left right and centre.

Your spot on Keen eye. Sets a very dangerous precedent... :thumbsdown:

Has this ever happened anywhere in Australia??
No report by any umpire on the day
No video footage at all of either player throwing a punch
and 2 players get rubbed out on the word of a few Lauderdale supporters!!

ha. AFL tas you are a joke!

I’m not sure I understand what the fuss here is.

As a parent of a player I’m pleased that AFL Tas has taken these steps to deal those involved.

I didn’t see the Brennan hit, (I had my eye on the ball carrier, and the hit was in my peripheral vision) but I take it as read that it occurred and he has copped his punishment.

As there’s a bar close to where this all happened I was on hand and did witness Jesse Wells and Cam De Gooyer in action and, frankly, Frankly they deserved suspension as well, to me it’s irrelevant that they were “flying the flag” the resultant behaviour shouldn’t be in the game.

I think you’ve been a little dismissive of the witnesses “a couple of people from the crowd” the paper reported this morning that included in those “couple of people” was Mathew Armstrong, I would expect that he would have given an accurate and impartial version of events.

As a parent of a player I’m pleased that AFL Tas has taken these steps to deal those involved.

I didn’t see the Brennan hit, (I had my eye on the ball carrier, and the hit was in my peripheral vision) but I take it as read that it occurred and he has copped his punishment.

As there’s a bar close to where this all happened I was on hand and did witness Jesse Wells and Cam De Gooyer in action and, frankly, Frankly they deserved suspension as well, to me it’s irrelevant that they were “flying the flag” the resultant behaviour shouldn’t be in the game.

I think you’ve been a little dismissive of the witnesses “a couple of people from the crowd” the paper reported this morning that included in those “couple of people” was Mathew Armstrong, I would expect that he would have given an accurate and impartial version of events.

I'm just wondering what was the umpires role in all this? Having 3 central & associated boundary, goal plus the observers & TSL ground managers, did they see anything? Its a worry if they all missed it. What were they looking at, the nice mountain view across the bay?

why was armstrong not disgusted & outspoken about the initial incident with brennan. did he contact AFL tas to voice his concerns or back up the umpires report. to think the victim is a member of the mariners as well, thought he might have shown some balls & made some kind of public stance over it.weak as piss, now i know how he got the name dogga.

why was armstrong not disgusted & outspoken about the initial incident with brennan. did he contact AFL tas to voice his concerns or back up the umpires report. to think the victim is a member of the mariners as well, thought he might have shown some balls & made some kind of public stance over it.weak as piss, now i know how he got the name dogga.

Brennan got 8 weeks. He got the time for his crime.
Did you want Armstrong to go to the Mercury after the incident and say something???

Did you want Armstrong to go to the Mercury after the incident and say something???

actually got 6 for a king hit that from what I hear could end this kids career and the retaliators got 4 and 2 by the sounds of things? Maybe if he killed the kid he may have gotten 10 weeks:eek:

It reminds me of games I watched in the 70's and 80's this type of thuggery. I certainly hope that my club is safe with all the kids we play when we play either club? starting with North tomorrow although they haven't been like it in the past just a bit chirpy. Lauderdale from the games I have seen are a physical side but when you look at the bloke who coaches them you have to wonder whether some of their players may be trying to impress him:( I am sure he is a good coach who doesn't tell them those things but he certainly dished this stuff out when he played, always tread the line, so maybe they are doing the same.

I wish the young guy who was KO'd all the best and hope he doesn't sustain any permanent problems from the incident and hope this is a lesson to all involved that whilst the game is a physical one, one action can change life for many people, not just the inj person. As others have said if the original cowardly act didn't happen then none of the rest would have, regardless of responsibility of actions, emotions run high and people make mistakes, Brennan a great example of this and Hevey's comments, if correct the same, shows them to not be great decision makers!

you obviously didn't understand my post. i said why didn't he talk to someone at AFL tas or even umpires panel. iv'e read it a couple of times & did not mention the mercury. if you want to invent stuff along the way to make you feel better, sure go ahead.

armstrong is one of two things. firstly a soft squib, which i doubt very much, or he's a hypocrite. i'm sure with the amount of games he's played he would have witnessed some kind of thuggery on a team mate. if he has not gone in and flown the flag or seek some kind of square up, he's soft. if he has & is now thrown his support behind a club to get even with a couple of players from another club he is a hypocrite.

In theory, yes, De Gooyer and Wells should have got weeks, but only should have had to appear in front of the tribunal a week after the incident, not 2/3 weeks later. It's bad publicity for both clubs and AFL Tas to have such an issue drag on.

I have no clue why Matthew Armstrong would get involved seeing as the teenager Ko'd is in his Marniers team. I've seen Armstrong at a few games this year, so does this mean that everything incident not reported this year, he'll be a witness for any club who wants to pursure the matter?

What makes the other 2 witnesses evidence admissible? What evidence do those people have even to show that they were present when the incident took place and even saw the bloody thing??? Or did they see the fight, see Brennan walk off with a blood nose, ask one of the players after the game and then pretend like they saw the incident?

AFL Tas have left themselves wise open here. Just thinking back to a few years ago when Jack Boon cleaned up a young North Hobart player with every person at the ground seeing the incident, except for the umpires, and the public outcry over the incident for weeks, yet AFL Tas did not want to pursure that.

i'm sure you meant wide, because one thing AFL tas aren't is wise.
they have made an absolute cockup of monumental proportions here.
opened the door for anyone now to lay a complaint about anything, with or without proof. they will see a positive from this, put on a few more staff to peruse every frame of video from any football association in the state. good luck with that.

the only thing that clip proves is that Dingo is the luckiest bloke i know of. one week for that hit on degoyer is farcical compared to what the headbutter got for his eyebrow scrape on the young fella. mind you he did suffer dizzy spells the next day. Dizzy Boscott i hear they are calling him now at bomber land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back