AFL Vanuatu's Nancy Patterson

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
Thought this might be of interest to some - we've just recently published my story on Nancy at the Footy Almanac https://www.footyalmanac.com.au/wantok-almanac-nancy-patterson/ in the lead up to her having a chin wag with the Coodabeens this weekend.

In tough times worldwide, footy in Vanuatu has been going great guns recently. In more happy news, their version of Auskick (Pikinini Kik) is about to resume too.

Would be stoked if you had a read/share with your mates. Give ABC Grandstand a listen on Saturday morning if you can as well.

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Great read!

I know Vanuatu have competed at the Oceania u15s, do you know if we are expecting to see them at the IC any time soon?

Thanks, glad you liked it!

As for the IC, geez I hope so! I know it's been a dream for many of them for a while now. I would love to see it happen.

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bit of a bump to this one - Nancy and I were on Radio Australia this morning - link to article audio and transcript: Vanuatu: AFL seeking to making development in-roads

Had a bit of an extended hibernation/hiccup with the first big covid outbreak a few months ago - we're set to hit the ground again in about a week from now though!

Back