After thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

NavyBlueBlood

Senior List
Feb 15, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely disgusted from that last night, worst display of skills I've seen since I used to play EDFL.

Almost in tears I cringed at:

*our shocking skills, not being able to hit a F**king target by foot 20metres away, (Kouta not hitting fev stuck in my head as the worst)
our handballs are useless and just as inaccurate as our ******** kicking.

*the selfishness some of our players exhibit: obviously, Waite blazing away in the first term rather than dish it off to Fev; Lappin trying to dodge 3 lions defenders rather than handball to an open Fev 30 out; Stevens running backwards in defense from a throw-in? trying to beat (again) 2 or 3 lions players, got dis-possessed, cost us a goal.
Denis, as uncompetitive as we are, **** mate, build up the team bond.

which brings me to my next point:
*do any of our players want to stick up for a teammate?? Akka, Voss and co. getting stuck into Campo, no one came in to give Akka one, Campo, being the undisciplined guy he is, cracked, cost us a goal. As the goal was kicked, Voss ran past and gave Campo a nice crack in the bread-basket, none of players went near him, Voss went out to the wing and stood by himself.
Blues, stick up for your mates, ffs!!!

^although I find it amusing that Akermanis was getting stuck into Walker for most of the match, and he didn't crack, while his Vice Captain with 9 years more experience did....ho hum...

What I think, is that as **** as we may be, at least can the boys stick together and help each other out...

Again, the delivery into the forward line was absolutely woeful, but I don't want to harp on something thats pretty clear to the rest of the blues' supporters.

Did anyone else think the umpires were terrible last night? for both sides...

Walker was great on Aker last night,hes gonna only get better :D Campo must be injured cause that was a shocking performance by him as for the delivery to our forwards well the less said about that the better i think!!

People wanting Whitnall to go and the bagging of Fev are crazy---our midfields and flankers are the major problem :(

Word ^^^.

If I was Fev i would want to leave after consistently getting the crap he gets delivered to him week in week out.

Him and Whitnall both lead well last night (and for most the season) consistantly had the jump on there opponents only to see the ball fly over there head or bounce 10 metres in front of them...Not sure where some of these guys learned how to kick :D

Our delivery is a ********ing joke.

We have all bagged Fev and Lance at some stage this year or last year, but as some have mentioned above, it's the disgraceful delivery. Then we all go 'Geezes Fev, jump, run to the ball.' Well why would he?

I reckon Fev will leave, or want to leave.

NavyBlueBlood said:
*the selfishness some of our players exhibit: obviously, Waite blazing away in the first term rather than dish it off to Fev; Lappin trying to dodge 3 lions defenders rather than handball to an open Fev 30 out; Stevens running backwards in defense from a throw-in? trying to beat (again) 2 or 3 lions players, got dis-possessed, cost us a goal.
Denis, as uncompetitive as we are, **** mate, build up the team bond.
have not seen the replay but watching the game live you will see there is every chance that fev would have been run down by chris johnson had waite handpassed over the top.

its a tough call as we also need players to back their ability when inside 50. waite made the right call IMO.

bibi01 said:
have not seen the replay but watching the game live you will see there is every chance that fev would have been run down by chris johnson had waite handpassed over the top.

its a tough call as we also need players to back their ability when inside 50. waite made the right call IMO.

Yeh, a lot of people had a whinge about Jazza not handballing or kicking it to Fev. But I reckon by the time Fev would have turned around and ran in, he would have been run down and he probably wouldn't have had the poise to kick the goal.

For Waite to have a shot, means he has some confidence, which I think is a bloody good thing. If we had of dobbed it, Fev would have been all over him. I reckon Fev would have had a shot anyway if it was himself, there is no way he would handball it to Waite.

i reckon mcgrath is the biggest culprit...
geez he turns it over a s**tload...frustrates the hell outta me...

bibi01 said:

Haven't seen the replay either, but when I saw it live, he should have handballed, to me it seemed the brizzy player had already committed to Waite.

Anyhow, don't want to harp on this, fact is, there was many other instances of players in Navy blue jumpers displaying selfishness.

McGrath and Houla are the turnover kings.

The Lions are finshed and play like thugs. They're gonna be back to Brisbane Bears level once Voss and Acker and the like go. Then Dimisimitriou will give them handouts.

Makes you cyncial.

NavyBlueBlood said:
Haven't seen the replay either, but when I saw it live, he should have handballed, to me it seemed the brizzy player had already committed to Waite.

Anyhow, don't want to harp on this, fact is, there was many other instances of players in Navy blue jumpers displaying selfishness.
have had a chance to see the replay and i still think waite made the right choice. do we say that davies should not have had a shot on his opposite foot in the pocket- he should have done the team thing and put the ball up to the top of the square.
we need players to play on instinct and back their ability. otherwise we are going to start playing the handball game.

Hey guys,

Was at the game on the wing with a good view of the Waite /Fev thing. I like Waite and dont think he is hungry at all. However he definitly made an options mistake. A pass to Fev was as close to a 100% given as any pass you could see. The fact that he didnt do it is no big deal. He will know that it was a bad option to go for goal and will learn.

pumped said:
Hey guys,

Was at the game on the wing with a good view of the Waite /Fev thing. I like Waite and dont think he is hungry at all. However he definitly made an options mistake. A pass to Fev was as close to a 100% given as any pass you could see. The fact that he didnt do it is no big deal. He will know that it was a bad option to go for goal and will learn.
how can taking a shot from inside 50 by a key fwd be a bad option???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^ easy. If you have a teammate 30 out on a better angle, and you have a shot with a player closing you down on a tough angle, its a bad option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back