Rumour Aker real estate

Remove this Banner Ad

“The biggest problem in crypto – we call them the triennial problem. You’ve got cost, speed – it could take four minutes or four hours (to mine crypto) — and then you’ve got scalability.

Aker may have said that... but there's no way he has come up with that sentence himself. Someone with a brain wrote it for him.

Are these problems ones which occur every three years? Someone might have a brain but not heaps of it.....

Are these problems ones which occur every three years? Someone might have a brain but not heaps of it.....
yeah and I've read that sentence a few times and I might not be a crypto guy but I have no idea what the * he is trying to say and neither does he. at best he's heard some of these terms used and thought they sounded good so added them to his 'try and sound smart' repertoire.

Akers_7420.w.360.aoe.1.q.60.PNG

m'lady

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So....

A retired AFL player has spent $23 million on launching his own cryptocurrency – which he estimates will bring back $6 billion.

Guess that didn't work out Aker. Some interesting corporate characters involved with that scam opportunity.
"Despite the volatility of the market, Zucoin, unlike its rivals, cannot drop below $60 per coin.

“We put in the software where you can’t sell for less (than $60),” Mr Akermanis said.

“It cancels the order. You can try but you won’t be able to do it.”

That sounds dodgy. Not allowing the market to determine the price. Don't know how they get away with that. Probably just highlights the lack of regulation in the wild west crypto land.

I don't think a listed company would be able to tell the market "you could buy our stock and we'll guarantee it won't drop below $X"

"Despite the volatility of the market, Zucoin, unlike its rivals, cannot drop below $60 per coin.

“We put in the software where you can’t sell for less (than $60),” Mr Akermanis said.

“It cancels the order. You can try but you won’t be able to do it.”

That sounds dodgy. Not allowing the market to determine the price. Don't know how they get away with that. Probably just highlights the lack of regulation in the wild west crypto land.

I don't think a listed company would be able to tell the market "you could buy our stock and we'll guarantee it won't drop below $X"

Zucoins...

oh boy.

So....

A retired AFL player has spent $23 million on launching his own cryptocurrency – which he estimates will bring back $6 billion.

Guess that didn't work out Aker. Some interesting corporate characters involved with that scam opportunity.

I did a writeup of Zucoin at the time here advising why it was never going to succeed. It's a wild ride.

Last edited:
I did a writeup of Zucoin at the time here advising why it was never going to succeed. It's a wild ride.
That's a very interesting write up Ash. Are ZuCoins actually traded anywhere? I've tried to get a current price, but can only find information on their website (which seems dodgy af). From what you've written, the whole things seems shonky (which would explain the Aker factor).

They were throwing some sponsorship money around a couple of local footy clubs last year, which rang alarm bells for me as I've seen similar things happen in the past, with the clubs left carrying the can when things went t*ts up! Hopefully they honoured any commitments they made.

That's a very interesting write up Ash. Are ZuCoins actually traded anywhere? I've tried to get a current price, but can only find information on their website (which seems dodgy af). From what you've written, the whole things seems shonky (which would explain the Aker factor).

They were throwing some sponsorship money around a couple of local footy clubs last year, which rang alarm bells for me as I've seen similar things happen in the past, with the clubs left carrying the can when things went t*ts up! Hopefully they honoured any commitments they made.

Haven't looked into them of late but last I knew (~6 months ago) they weren't traded on any exchange and had to be purchased directly from Zucoin, or from someone you know who owns Zucoins. This is a reflection of how poorly it's run, as even absolute sh*tcoins were getting listed on crypto exchanges around the same time Aker started spruiking it. In terms of it being shonky there's more red flags on display than Chinese National Day.

Haven't looked into them of late but last I knew (~6 months ago) they weren't traded on any exchange and had to be purchased directly from Zucoin, or from someone you know who owns Zucoins. This is a reflection of how poorly it's run, as even absolute sh*tcoins were getting listed on crypto exchanges around the same time Aker started spruiking it. In terms of it being shonky there's more red flags on display than Chinese National Day.
Figured as much. I noticed that this year they were nowhere to be seen from a sponsorship perspective.

So, all you really need to know is a) they think you can put an artificial price floor on a market commodity but more importantly, b) the founder's name is Allan Endresz. Put his name into your search engine.

So, all you really need to know is a) they think you can put an artificial price floor on a market commodity but more importantly, b) the founder's name is Allan Endresz. Put his name into your search engine.
I did just that.... jeez what a shonk...

How the hell do people like that continually get away with their dodgy schemes??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back