Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

I was also thinking it's about as bad as Conca's in terms of severity, except he somehow escaped with two. That didn't go to the tribunal though.

It's going to the tribunal because Simpson jumped the gun without any medical proof and declared a broken jaw.It now turns out to be bruised and Cripps will be available to play.The kangaroo courts jumped into action and screamed bloody murder .If West Coast had of stuck to the facts it would have gone through the normal procedures.
He will now be penalised without the benefit of pleading guilty and getting the sentence downgraded.

It's going to the tribunal because Simpson jumped the gun without any medical proof and declared a broken jaw.It now turns out to be bruised and Cripps will be available to play.The kangaroo courts jumped into action and screamed bloody murder .If West Coast had of stuck to the facts it would have gone through the normal procedures.
He will now be penalised without the benefit of pleading guilty and getting the sentence downgraded.
That's right, Silvagni is the real victim here.

Mark Twain taught me to avoid people like you.

We both know he's not but WC did jump the gun on the fractured jaw bit which let the dogs out calling it a hanging offence.
Personally I don't think it should make any difference whether his jaw was fractured or not. The fact that it wasn't is only due to luck.

We both know he's not but WC did jump the gun on the fractured jaw bit which let the dogs out calling it a hanging offence.

You do realize they would have called West Coast again yesterday to see what the results of the scans are, and not just go on what was said in a press conference the previous day?

You're jumping at shadows.

Did he say it was broken.

Adam Simpson said:
"Crippa's got probably a fractured jaw," Simpson said post-match.

"We wouldn't have put him back on if it was a broken jaw. But there might be a fracture there. He's pretty sore at the moment.

"I deliberately didn't watch it. But I've heard a lot about it."

Maybe later after the match??

So you're not interested in facts .Simpson jumped the gun on the severity of the injury.The severity of the injury is taken into account re the penalty.
Silvagni deserves a penalty but a broken jaw is no longer part of the evidence .
That's a strange false conclusion to draw.

I am interested, as I'm sure the tribunal will be, in the fact that Silvagni sought to deliberately cause harm and luckily for himself as much as anyone else did not do more.

You do realise that when they take the evidence into consideration they have more than Adam Simpson's press conference to work with?

Did he say it was broken.

Fractured ,broken just semantics.They are both injury's that cause loss of game time.It now turns out it is bruised.Simpson jumped the gun on the severity of the injury.Wouldnt it have been better to say as is the usual case with most of the coaches that he didn't know the outcome of the injury to the jaw and would wait until the scans before commenting.

Fractured ,broken just semantics.They are both injury's that cause loss of game time.It now turns out it is bruised.Simpson jumped the gun on the severity of the injury.Wouldnt it have been better to say as is the usual case with most of the coaches that he didn't know the outcome of the injury to the jaw and would wait until the scans before commenting.

Ahh - I see. You exaggerated/lied. He also said "probably" and "might be a fracture there". A far cry from "Simpson jumped the gun without any medical proof and declared a broken jaw"

Cripps was running away from him you tool.
Actually no. The video clearly shows that Silvagni is running. Cripps moves toward him to make contact. Silvagni has brain melt and elbows him.
Watch again and take note from the 16 second mark.
Not making excuses for him either....deserves a decent penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually no. The video clearly shows that Silvagni is running. Cripps moves toward him to make contact. Silvagni has brain melt and elbows him.

I drove to the bank the other day...I chose not to rob it

I went to the pub ...I chose not to get drunk ...

I drive my car to work everyday .....I choose not to drive like a maniac

Most of the players on the field that day behaved within the rules ......there is no excuse or diversion blame that should be even hinted at

Does that make sense

We choose our actions .......them we accept the consequences

What I see is Cripps running in the opposite direction to Dogvagni, senses there is someone running up to him from behind and braces for contact.

Of course he is probably expecting a bump but gets a flying elbow to the head instead.

That's the way it appeared to me.

I drove to the bank the other day...I chose not to rob it

I went to the pub ...I chose not to get drunk ...

I drive my car to work everyday .....I choose not to drive like a maniac

Most of the players on the field that day behaved within the rules ......there is no excuse or diversion blame that should be even hinted at

Does that make sense

We choose our actions .......them we accept the consequences
Did you actually read what I wrote??....the bit where I said "not making excuses".
I was merely pointing out that the video clearly shows that Cripps was walking, then chose to step into Silvagni's path. From the video and the actions of Cripps at the 16-17 second mark, he intended to bump Silvagni. Did he deserve an elbow to the head?...No. Should Silvagni get a decent suspension? yes.
But, on close watching of the video (downloaded so its larger!), Cripps did take steps to initiate contact.

Did you actually read what I wrote??....the bit where I said "not making excuses".
I was merely pointing out that the video clearly shows that Cripps was walking, then chose to step into Silvagni's path. From the video and the actions of Cripps at the 16-17 second mark, he intended to bump Silvagni. Did he deserve an elbow to the head?...No. Should Silvagni get a decent suspension? yes.
But, on close watching of the video (downloaded so its larger!), Cripps did take steps to initiate contact.

I get what you're saying

But he chose to elbow him to the face .........

Players often bump into each other as show of "who's boss" ...this would occur 100 times in most games ...you see players niggling and bumping each other all the time ......you see players standing or blocking blokes ......

I get what you're saying

But he chose to elbow him to the face .........

Players often bump into each other as show of "who's boss" ...this would occur 100 times in most games ...you see players niggling and bumping each other all the time ......you see players standing or blocking blokes ......
Yes. He chose to elbow him in the face and for this I hope he gets a decent suspension. At least we agree on something ;)!!

Illegal block, Cripps should be deregistered.

Interested to see if anybody claiming illegal block also used the phrase 'victim blaming' in regards to the Suban/Masten allegation.
More pathetic sactimonious pontificating claptrap from you.

Silvagni is guilty of striking and will get time, however it was not a "king hit behind play" as the sycophantic media morons (Langdon et al)
are spruiking to the flock incabable of original opinion.

Does it really matter if Silvagni gets weeks....don't reckon after last week he will play another game.

More pathetic sactimonious pontificating claptrap from you.

Silvagni is guilty of striking and will get time, however it was not a "king hit behind play" as the sycophantic media morons (Langdon et al)
are spruiking to the flock incabable of original opinion.
Sincere and legitimate apologies if I've got the wrong person, but were you not the person who claimed in the Masten thread that Trevor Nisbett would have preferred Masten bit Hill or Walters rather than Suban, presumably making some racial point, and then not explaining yourself?

Edit:
West Coast going early with the character references.

www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-17/i-wouldnt...oty-field-says-eagle

Nisbett would be spewing it wasn't Hill or Walters instead of Suban.

Yep decided I'm not going to put much stock into your opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back