All Australian Squad - Only Jobe?!?!?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

hibb
Anyone willing to have a crack at the team they pick?

(Yoda_ Starz)

B: Michael Johnson (Fremantle) - Scott Thompson (North Melbourne) - Josh Gibson (Hawthorn)

HB: Nick Malceski (Sydney) - Harry Taylor (Geelong) - Corey Enright (Geelong)

C: Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs) - Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) - Kieran Jack (Sydney)

HF: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) - Travis Cloke (Collingwood) - Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide)

F: Lindsay Thomas (North Melbourne) - Jeremy Cameron (GWS) - Jarryd Roughead (Hawthorn)

R: Will Minson (Western Bulldogs) - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) - Dane Swan (Collingwood)

I/C: Jobe Watson (Essendon) - Joel Selwood (Geelong) - Travis Boak (Port Adelaide) - Jarryd McVeigh (Sydney)
Hibberd instead of enright

Carlton, Essendon and richmond won 40 games between them this season, yet only 1 individual from the three combined was deemed worthy of making a squad of 40! I'd have thought the likes of Walker, Simpson, Rance, Morris, Goddard, Hibberd would also have been all but a sure thing for the squad of 40 at least.

Surely anyone who watched Hibberd and Mackie go around this year would pick Hibby, even Cats fans...surely

Hibberd instead of enright

Not in the squad, can't be picked
Surely anyone who watched Hibberd and Mackie go around this year would pick Hibby, even Cats fans...surely

Mackie has been excellent this season. Justified selection. Gibson however...

Thought that Hibberd would make the squad of 40.

I never quite understand the AA squad; For example Barlow has been better than Mundy, Montagna has been better than Steven, Harvey has been better than Wells.

Thompson is the interesting one - Check the stats for intercept marks,intercept possessions,scoring chains and Hooker is right up with Thompson.

Thought that Hibberd would make the squad of 40.

I never quite understand the AA squad; For example Barlow has been better than Mundy, Montagna has been better than Steven, Harvey has been better than Wells.

Thompson is the interesting one - Check the stats for intercept marks,intercept possessions,scoring chains and Hooker is right up with Thompson.

Thompson does all this while playing on the best forward though, unlike Hooker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the most discraceful thing I've ever seen. Its hacking time...

Hibberd missing the 40 is a crock that highlights why the AA is a joke. Rance should've made the long list too - I don't like citing stats, but his numbers in spoils, intercept marks and the like are superb this year. And if Malceski and McVeigh get in, then Walker and Simpson are stiff. Backline is going to be full of midfielders this year anyhow, with Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge liable to get picked there.

Also, I can see Buddy getting a run on the half-forward flank instead of, say, Wingard, who really does deserve a jumper IMO.

Rance is unlucky. I wouldn't have thought any of the rest. No matter how good a stopper Morris becomes I don't rekon they would even look at him because isn't flashy enough. Just keeps doing his job and very important for their side.

Like hocking for us, will never be recognized outside the walls of the club.
Agreed we had no real stand outs this year apart from Rance, Chapman and Morris, but the AA team needs 21 midfielders and Buddy, so not many others get a chance...how in hell does Buddy get in there:oops:

Agreed we had no real stand outs this year apart from Rance, Chapman and Morris, but the AA team needs 21 midfielders and Buddy, so not many others get a chance...how in hell does Buddy get in there:oops:
Because he's Buddy.

Hibberd unlucky.

Not sure who else was supposed to be a chance. Goddard did not set the world on fire early.

Carlisle was good without being as spectacular as everyone said he was and then he fell away bad;y after we swung him forward.

Who does Hibberd replace in the defenders though? I thought they were all pretty spot on.

Yeah, we feel let down because one of our own didnt make it. But he did have a 4 - 5 week lil whilst also missing how many games through injury?

These guys picked are the creme del a creme. The best of the best. OF all the players picked, I couldn't feel happier for Daniel Wells to get selected in the squad. Finally vindicated as being a true top liner despite being at this level for a good 2 - 3 seasons now.

Who does Hibberd replace in the defenders though? I thought they were all pretty spot on.

Yeah, we feel let down because one of our own didnt make it. But he did have a 4 - 5 week lil whilst also missing how many games through injury?

These guys picked are the creme del a creme. The best of the best. OF all the players picked, I couldn't feel happier for Daniel Wells to get selected in the squad. Finally vindicated as being a true top liner despite being at this level for a good 2 - 3 seasons now.

Being a terrific bore and all I'll repeat an earlier post... I don't see Hibby making it into the 22 but this season he was just as good if not better offensively as Mackie (who had yet another solid season) and was more effective defensively than Mack, only beaten once or twice by his forward.
Mackie has been super reliable for many season, maybe Hibby just has to put in another good season or 2...if thats how it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back