Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
A disturbing trend has emerged on this board in recent weeks, particularly since the Melbourne & West Coast games. A not-insignificant percentage of Hawthorn supporters have begun figuratively throwing the baby out with the bathwater, loudly proclaiming our reign over the competition has come to an end, badmouthing players who are now legends of the club, and generally engaging in the sort of rampant over-the-top negativity I'd expect to see on the Richmond board after losing their ticket to 9th spot.

I feel the same way you do. The season has been frustrating by 16, hopefully 17 win standards. We haven't blown many teams away, have scraped by in a lot of games, and have generally been pretty unconvincing. Many players have been down on form and most have struggled with consistency.

There's every reason to feel miffed when we drop a game and nothing wrong with letting off steam. Pretending everything is hunky dory is not the answer, nor is bashing those who are only speaking their minds about players who've had bad games.

However.

If you're going to be negative, please do it with a little dignity. Don't make wild accusations about or direct cruel insults towards players who've served us outstandingly well for many years. Don't lose your mind and reach for your pitchfork just because you no longer feel certain of victory next week, or you've come to expect nothing less than perfection from this team.

May I remind you this club is closer to achieving something truly miraculous than 17 other clubs ever have in the AFL era? If it does so happen that they end up falling short you will have absolutely no cause for complaint whatsoever, indeed any thoughts of complaint that enter your mind will be your shame.

This wonderful club has given us everything we could've ever wanted over the past three seasons. We are hopelessly spoiled, so lets not ruin it by acting like spoiled children.

Why did you feel the need to express all that? Every hawthorn supporter loves, follows and barracks with passion but convey it differently. Some people express frustration and others take it on the chin.
Because he's processing his disappointment, and is gonna cop it hard on the Bay from the Geelong toss bags. Needs to fall gracefully. I agree with his sentiment, need to avoid Richmondness and Geelongness.

You know the worst thing about this board? When we win there are half the number of posts on the autopsy board as opposed to when we lose - All very happy to come on and pot this triple premiership team when we lose but when we win its like Meh another team. Seriously great club but of late many of our "supporters" have proven themselves to be self-entitled Jack-asses

Oh and 2014 premiership against the swans is our best just pipping 2008 (but they're all good)

Seriously though, this place needs some positive energy. I know it's been a long time since we've won a premiership. It's been, what, 10 months? It seems like a drought of epic proportions but we can come back from this. I think we can. I think we can get inspiration from our elders who share stories of past glories such as the magnificence of premiership years, like 2014, 2015... and let's not forget 2013. Those were the days. I think one day they can come around again. Like, in 2 months. You can hold on til then. I'd like to think I can too. I want to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This !

a98db60876a31784b29dadd681ebb39d

If Roughy can smash Hannebery this week against Collingwood & we stop our sh*t stupid bombs to a 1-on-3 (at best) then we still stand a chance of finishing Top 4.

At least then when we kick long to nobody & go out in Straight Sets, we can claim that 4x GFs & 3x Premierships in this modern era with compromised drafts is a feat to behold!

It would be hard to find anyone on this board who wouldn't have taken 17-5 (118%) and 4th spot at the beginning of the season. I was expecting us to possibly drop to the lower half of the 8 (and possibly out of it altogether). Given this, and the fact that we have won the past 3 flags, the whinging does come across as pretty lame. Very lame actually.

There is a way to phrase criticism and disappointment and I think a lot of people on here go about it the wrong way. I don't buy the 'blowing off steam' argument either. It's not really other forum members problem if you have absurd expectations or feel entitled to slag off players because they don't meet your unrealistic expectations. I always ask people to try to imagine the stuff that they post coming out of a supporter of another teams mouth. They would be the first people to declare how lame and ridiculous and embarrassing it sounded. Making the connection that thats how they sound to other people seems to be too abstract a challenge however.

I have been a hardcore user of HFC for a long time.

Missing regular hits of HFC success gives me withdrawals; symptoms including, irrational posting behaviour, occasional outbursts of anger, brief lucid moments, muscle tension, poor concentration at work, feelings of social isolation (i.e jumping off the bandwagon) and heart palpitations on gameday.

Help me.

I'm here to save the world. Only one thing can turn this all around for us, and that's a big gun show.

And I'm pulling out the biggest guns we've seen* to turn all you negative nancy's back into positive pete's...

113409-isaac-smith.jpg

*Shotguns brandished by Willo are excluded for the purposes of me making a point.

Why did you feel the need to express all that? Every hawthorn supporter loves, follows and barracks with passion but convey it differently. Some people express frustration and others take it on the chin.
Thats it, everybody is different and when you mix mounting anger and frustration with drugs or alcohol when posting - look out.

A disturbing trend has emerged on this board in recent weeks, particularly since the Melbourne & West Coast games. A not-insignificant percentage of Hawthorn supporters have begun figuratively throwing the baby out with the bathwater, loudly proclaiming our reign over the competition has come to an end, badmouthing players who are now legends of the club, and generally engaging in the sort of rampant over-the-top negativity I'd expect to see on the Richmond board after losing their ticket to 9th spot.

I feel the same way you do. The season has been frustrating by 16, hopefully 17 win standards. We haven't blown many teams away, have scraped by in a lot of games, and have generally been pretty unconvincing. Many players have been down on form and most have struggled with consistency.

There's every reason to feel miffed when we drop a game and nothing wrong with letting off steam. Pretending everything is hunky dory is not the answer, nor is bashing those who are only speaking their minds about players who've had bad games.

However.

If you're going to be negative, please do it with a little dignity. Don't make wild accusations about or direct cruel insults towards players who've served us outstandingly well for many years. Don't lose your mind and reach for your pitchfork just because you no longer feel certain of victory next week, or you've come to expect nothing less than perfection from this team.

May I remind you this club is closer to achieving something truly miraculous than 17 other clubs ever have in the AFL era? If it does so happen that they end up falling short you will have absolutely no cause for complaint whatsoever, indeed any thoughts of complaint that enter your mind will be your shame.

This wonderful club has given us everything we could've ever wanted over the past three seasons. We are hopelessly spoiled, so lets not ruin it by acting like spoiled children.

Thanks Mod.... Yawn

The OP is spot on imo, yes it's been a frustrating season but a 16 win (should be 17 after the weekend) season is a decent record, considering we are coming off the last 3 flags and last 4 grand finals, we are on the cusp of another top 4 finish with a team that has been continually topped up with youth along the way, I reckon we have done pretty well, all this winning has bred some bloody sore losers on here though I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I remind you this club is closer to achieving something truly miraculous than 17 other clubs ever have in the AFL era?

Well, technically the Lions got into the grand final going for their fourth so they got a little bit closer than we are at this point in time. Apart from that, good points, well made.

Back