Player Watch Andrew McPherson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but they also put Collingwood top:
CHAMPION DATA ranks the midfields for the 2017 season.

1 Collingwood
2 GWS Giants
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Richmond
5 Sydney
6 Port Adelaide
7 St Kilda
8 Geelong
9 West Coast
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Hawthorn
13 Essendon
14 Gold Coast
15 Brisbane Lions
16 Carlton
17 North Melbourne
18 Melbourne

I suspect we will get a big boost given the Crouch's and Greenwood's improvement in the past 12 months and the addition of Gibbs

Collingwood did have one of the best midfields in 2017. They didnt have enough on the other lines though. I reckon they were top 2 or 3. Personally I think Sydney had the best. GWS will be very strong this year as well as Sydney. Pies need Pendlebury and Wells to be fit and they will have one of the best again this year. Not confident for them that this will happen though.

Collingwood did have one of the best midfields in 2017. They didnt have enough on the other lines though. I reckon they were top 2 or 3. Personally I think Sydney had the best. GWS will be very strong this year as well as Sydney. Pies need Pendlebury and Wells to be fit and they will have one of the best again this year. Not confident for them that this will happen though.
Esp Wells.

1 Collingwood
2 GWS Giants
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Richmond
5 Sydney
6 Port Adelaide
7 St Kilda
8 Geelong
9 West Coast
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Hawthorn
13 Essendon
14 Gold Coast
15 Brisbane Lions
16 Carlton
17 North Melbourne
18 Melbourne

I suspect we will get a big boost given the Crouch's and Greenwood's improvement in the past 12 months and the addition of Gibbs

Hilarious how St Kilda and West Coast are ahead of us.

Great decisions, Very high speed and Kicking ability.
Positions himself very well around the ground without the ball, and very courageous.
All of the above is basically what separates him from NVB. However he was a captain and 200 gamer as well. Could do worse at pick 40

Also won't return home to Sydney.

Hilarious how St Kilda and West Coast are ahead of us.

Shows how hard it is to interpret statistics in AFL. There are a lot of stats out there which are next to meaningless, yet often trumpeted as the be all and end all. The key I think is efficienct and that is extremely difficult to measure statistically. Then there's the whole defensive zoning aspects which are nigh on impossible to get much statistical read on.

I think Champion Data do a great job, but people misinterpret what they're trying to say. All they can report is what the statistics are saying. They've attempted correlate statistics with performance, but I suspect for a large part the correlations are pretty weak due to the significant number of variables that occur in AFL.

1 Collingwood
2 GWS Giants
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Richmond
5 Sydney
6 Port Adelaide
7 St Kilda
8 Geelong
9 West Coast
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Hawthorn
13 Essendon
14 Gold Coast
15 Brisbane Lions
16 Carlton
17 North Melbourne
18 Melbourne

What’s wrong with having Collingwood’s midfield top?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Collingwood
2 GWS Giants
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Richmond
5 Sydney
6 Port Adelaide
7 St Kilda
8 Geelong
9 West Coast
10 Fremantle
11 Adelaide
12 Hawthorn
13 Essendon
14 Gold Coast
15 Brisbane Lions
16 Carlton
17 North Melbourne
18 Melbourne

Melbourne 18th LOL.

Preempting the bad news now. Really excited to see what he offers late in the year after he gets some match fitness.

Making his debut against his SANFL club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back