Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

flashing a stock rom wont be too hard.
reason why i'm getting a nexus device is so i can be guaranteed at least 18months worth of updates. google is looking at that being the life cycle of support for android OS updates. again. carrier updates will always take longer. another reason why i'm buying outright phones from now on!

flashing a stock rom wont be too hard.
reason why i'm getting a nexus device is so i can be guaranteed at least 18months worth of updates. google is looking at that being the life cycle of support for android OS updates. again. carrier updates will always take longer. another reason why i'm buying outright phones from now on!

Nexus will be guaranteed updates for longer than 18 months.

I dropped my garmina50 today and the back cover fell off.
I turned the phone off and put the cover on.
When i went to put the phone back on i get the garmin start up screen but then it switches to "Please close the back cover"
The phone after a minute then displays "Powering off"

I have removed the battery and restarted the phone. But it did nothing.
I have also tried resetting the phone by holding down left on the navigation button while powering on but to no avail. The "Please close the back cover" message disables the phone.
Thanks in advance.

I dropped my garmina50 today and the back cover fell off.
I turned the phone off and put the cover on.
When i went to put the phone back on i get the garmin start up screen but then it switches to "Please close the back cover"
The phone after a minute then displays "Powering off"

I have removed the battery and restarted the phone. But it did nothing.
I have also tried resetting the phone by holding down left on the navigation button while powering on but to no avail. The "Please close the back cover" message disables the phone.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you physically broke something in the back of the phone, unless you can find and trick the sensor you could be in for a new one

Sounds like you physically broke something in the back of the phone, unless you can find and trick the sensor you could be in for a new one

I think its BER indeed. ovious question would be the location of the sensor to play around with it.

Anyone know of a good place to get a screen fixed? My Galaxy s 2 picked a fight with a concrete step today and lost.

For those that like backgammon, the best backgammon game for iPhone and iPad is now available for Android.

http://www.njsoftware.com/anbg.html

It will cost you $7.99. For iOS, it's $7.49 for iPad and $5.49 for iPhone (ie. it's not universal).

Who do they think we are? Android apps are famously cheap/free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm familiar with the size of the SGS2, so I'd be interested to see and compare what a Nexus feels like in the hand and pocket.

Just had battery dramas with my old Samsung Galaxy after I think was a software update. Seems to be quite common. Would only last a couple of hours even when not using it. Juicedefender app has seemed to completely fixed it.

Lol what a ridiculous article. The setting needed to instal off market apps is off by default. It's no different to jail breaking an ios device.

The sad thing is people actually believe it, I work in a government department and they won't allow android devices to hook up to the corporate wifi APs because they are "insecure", and even overheard a few IT project managers saying they would never allow them.

Fortunately we hooked up our own private one :D

for those that dont know, 10 apps at 10 cents for 10 days!
grabbed eight of them today, waiting for the next 9 days worth of apps!

just got my galaxy nexus!
it is a thing of beauty!
If it's anything like the S2 I have then yes, they are a magnificent piece of work.

I do think though that the S2 is about the upper limit in size for a phone though; still think talking on the S2 is like sticking your head up against a blackboard!!!

Does it feel too big?
Also, what is ICS like??

i'm finding the size good, i dont have big hands, but for most parts the size isnt too bad. sometimes its hard to pull down the notification bar.
watching videos and playing games is awesome on it. the extra screen real estate shows. oh and the screen is great. really vibrant and usable in the sun, although it can be a struggle with my sunnies, although that may be due to my lenses being polarised.

here is the link to a video i took with my nexus, its time lapse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlWzs_a-Gcg

I feel that the iPhone will fall well behind if Apple persists with a 3.5" screen. I think some Android phones are getting too big (eg. 4.65" and 5.3") but the iPhone has 23% less screen real estate compared to the SGS2 which many would say is a decent size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back