RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/australian-man-warns-of-another-cronulla-riot-after-being-bashed-for-filming-muslim-women/story-fni0xqrc-1227052255170

The bloke sounds like an utter kook, but I'm afraid there is definitely a growing undercurrent of resentment, anger and concern towards the Islamic community that I would argue never went away after the initial Cronulla riots.

The rise and rise of IS is simply the latest element tapping into an apparent general dislike of Islam in this country and what it appears many of it's followers appear to stand for and claim to want to eventually see happen in Australia.

No mature person 'wants' to see another Cronulla, but I would argue it's becoming more and more inevitable im afraid.

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/australian-man-warns-of-another-cronulla-riot-after-being-bashed-for-filming-muslim-women/story-fni0xqrc-1227052255170

The bloke sounds like an utter kook, but I'm afraid there is definitely a growing undercurrent of resentment, anger and concern towards the Islamic community that I would argue never went away after the initial Cronulla riots.

You can say racism. Its racism towards Islamic communities under the guise of concern. But it is simply racism and religious bigotry.

Poorly aimed religious bigotry at that actually.

The rise and rise of IS is simply the latest element tapping into an apparent general dislike of Islam in this country and what it appears many of it's followers appear to stand for and claim to want to eventually see happen in Australia.

No mature person 'wants' to see another Cronulla, but I would argue it's becoming more and more inevitable im afraid.

A lot of angry racists don't get out and mobilise for anything. Cronulla was a far right wing group of extremists ruining a day that was never intended to get ugly or violent.

But the right can not mobilise people on that scale, they never have been able (except for police) to. They needed a perfect storm to get the result that day, but if you ever see those 'Southern Cross Soldiers' and the like, their "protests" are usually about 12 fat smelly blokes. Would definitely never happen in Melbourne.

Then again, I could see something happening in Perth just cause its Perth.

In Australia they cannot cause they don't have an interest in doing so. Looking at somewhere like Europe however they have no problem doing so.

Also Islam isn't a race.

No race is a race. Except human.

But because I knew your stupid comment was coming, because every teenage conservative boy seems to notice that whilst completely missing the point, I included the term religious bigotry as well just to appease you.

AND YOU STILL DIDNT READ IT.

You can say racism. Its racism towards Islamic communities under the guise of concern. But it is simply racism and religious bigotry.

Poorly aimed religious bigotry at that actually.

A lot of angry racists don't get out and mobilise for anything. Cronulla was a far right wing group of extremists ruining a day that was never intended to get ugly or violent.

But the right can not mobilise people on that scale, they never have been able (except for police) to. They needed a perfect storm to get the result that day, but if you ever see those 'Southern Cross Soldiers' and the like, their "protests" are usually about 12 fat smelly blokes. Would definitely never happen in Melbourne.

Then again, I could see something happening in Perth just cause its Perth.

I'm aware most of these sorts of far right blokes are just keyboard and youtube hard men.....for example where were they when the sun went down and for two nights a virtual army of Lebanese Muslim youth ran amok in Cronulla Sutherland shire, bashing, stabbing, and vandalising with seeming impunity.

If there is a repeat of Cronulla, I would at least hope that aspect doesn't happen again....stand up for your communities local men.

No race is a race. Except human.

But because I knew your stupid comment was coming, because every teenage conservative boy seems to notice that whilst completely missing the point, I included the term religious bigotry as well just to appease you.

AND YOU STILL DIDNT READ IT.
Why even state race then if you new it was a lie? Why you melting?

Why even state race then if you new it was a lie? Why you melting?

Because racism is still a very good word for explaining the issue, furthermore, racism is the term regularly associated with all the specific forms of discrimination in the relevant anti-discrimination act.

You had zero reason to make that comment, but you still made it. I clearly catered for your type by putting in 'religious bigotry'. I will take your silence on the actual topic and focus on semantics to mean you agree with my post more or less, and that you've learned something new about the term racism and why saying "Islam is not a race" is really stupid.

I don't think you realise how painful you are.

Because racism is still a very good word for explaining the issue, furthermore, racism is the term regularly associated with all the specific forms of discrimination in the relevant anti-discrimination act.

You had zero reason to make that comment, but you still made it. I clearly catered for your type by putting in 'religious bigotry'. I will take your silence on the actual topic and focus on semantics to mean you agree with my post more or less, and that you've learned something new about the term racism and why saying "Islam is not a race" is really stupid.

I don't think you realise how painful you are.
No I don't agree with your post. The second line of why you melting is clearly showing I don't agree with your premise at all and never will.

Racism getting used in that way would be factually wrong. Hence why when other groups try to take this stance like the Jewish groups for example they get promptly shot down and told they are wrong. I had every reason to make that comment when it is wrong and you knew it was wrong.

I'm aware most of these sorts of far right blokes are just keyboard and youtube hard men.....for example where were they when the sun went down and for two nights a virtual army of Lebanese Muslim youth ran amok in Cronulla Sutherland shire, bashing, stabbing, and vandalising with seeming impunity.

If there is a repeat of Cronulla, I would at least hope that aspect doesn't happen again....stand up for your communities local men.

There was no army of Lebanese youths, there was a rational reaction to racist targeting by very dumb, very drunk, very white Australians who tried to start a fight and (predictably) lost control of their suburb as a result.

The reality is, most racists in Australia are dying or on the way out soon. A few old crazies manipulated a gathering for their own political purposes (and in Alan Jones' case, profit) and it got out of control, and some Lebanese youths responded exactly how you'd think.

Good on the coppers involved that day though, that poor bloke who lost his job for flogging about 40 white cowards who were gang bashing a brown bloke on a train has my sympathy.

No I don't agree with your post. The second line of why you melting is clearly showing I don't agree with your premise at all and never will.

Racism getting used in that way would be factually wrong. Hence why when other groups try to take this stance like the Jewish groups for example they get promptly shot down and told they are wrong. I had every reason to make that comment when it is wrong and you knew it was wrong.

I clearly mentioned religious bigotry right next to racism you dingus. Shut your mouth you're making a fool of yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I clearly mentioned religious bigotry right next to racism you dingus. Shut your mouth you're making a fool of yourself.
That still doesn't mean you were correct in putting racism in there.

Why the hell are they even giving this mouth-breather any media presence?

this guy should be charged for harrassment...

This quote from the article sums him up;

Ralph Cerminara, a former Australian soldier who is one of the leaders of the fringe Australian Defence League group, recently posted the video on You Tube.

“Another Cronulla is coming, and I can’t wait until it does, because this time, we’re going to show you who’s boss,” Cerminara said.

He also says the prayer rooms and mosques are going to “burn”.

“I’m coming for you,” he says in his diatribe.

As radiojake said, why are we giving this mouth-breather any airtime? Bigots and/or other folk with uninformed opinions (as part of News Limited's key demographic;)) are going to view this as some sort of rallying cry.

At the end of the day there is one question this whole thing comes back too.

If we were to see an ex Aussie digger beheaded on the streets of suburban Australia, much like we saw an ex British servicemen murdered in the UK, does anyone in there right mind think the fallout wouldn't be catastrophic for the wider Islamic community?

Expose, isolate and identify guys.

Or face the whirlwind.

If we were to see an ex Aussie digger beheaded on the streets of suburban Australia, much like we saw an ex British servicemen murdered in the UK, does anyone in there right mind think the fallout wouldn't be catastrophic for the wider Islamic community?

Or face the whirlwind.

All the ex diggers are dead mate. The bloke killed in England was a current serving member and a valid target for a combatant in the "war on terror" using the USA's and UK's own logic.

Or face the whirlwind.
While the Islamic community does probably need to do a lot more to distance themselves from terrorism and extreme ideology, I don't think the lynch mob mentality should be commended.

In any case, if a 'whirlwind' wants to harass people I highly doubt they'll check if the person is even a muslim first, and resort to just yelling at people who 'look' muslim.

All the ex diggers are dead mate. The bloke killed in England was a current serving member and a valid target for a combatant in the "war on terror" using the USA's and UK's own logic.
What a ridiculous post. I imagine if American soldiers beheaded a terrorist on the streets of Iraq you'd probably be (rightfully) outraged. There shouldn't be double standards.

Ahh so here's they hypocrisy. Women shouldn't be 'raped' even if they have engaged in actions which are leading or the like but it is OK for him to be killed and valid because he's a current serving member and thus then seen as a combatant on the war on terror. Totally hypocritical from you and absolute disgraceful views that you think there can be justification for his death.

Ahh so here's they hypocrisy. Women shouldn't be 'raped' even if they have engaged in actions which are leading or the like but it is OK for him to be killed and valid because he's a current serving member and thus then seen as a combatant on the war on terror. Totally hypocritical from you and absolute disgraceful views that you think there can be justification for his death.
Well then......

I have to give you credit for managing to defend daterape in the context of a beheading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back