Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

anybody else in on ccc?

Yes. Got in at 7.2 Cents. Should be a monster based on long term fundamentals, but of course the current share price does not reflect this. It has gone from a coal explorer to producer with good infrastructure, yet the share price is still under 10 cents. It will take a while, but hopefully this one will have it's day in the sun. Worth researching on if your looking at a coal play.

Yes. Got in at 7.2 Cents. Should be a monster based on long term fundamentals, but of course the current share price does not reflect this. It has gone from a coal explorer to producer with good infrastructure, yet the share price is still under 10 cents. It will take a while, but hopefully this one will have it's day in the sun. Worth researching on if your looking at a coal play.
That's because it has so many shares on issue. A share price is irrelevant, you have to consider the market cap.

That's because it has so many shares on issue. A share price is irrelevant, you have to consider the market cap.
comsec has their market capital listed as $158M, while yahoo finance has it listed as $4.37M with 54.6M shares outstanding

that's some discrepancy...

current watch list:

PEN
MHM
MNM
CDU

ccu
AVB
LYC

leg
SDL
AUT
sea
cpl
igr
mtu

bold stocks = current holdings and recommended for getting balls deep in (if you're into spec mining stocks)...

current watch list:

PEN
MHM
MNM
CDU
ccu
AVB
LYC
leg
SDL
AUT
sea
cpl
igr
mtu

bold stocks = current holdings and recommended for getting balls deep in (if you're into spec mining stocks)...

If your stock tips are anything like your punting tips, im staying a long way away

If your stock tips are anything like your punting tips, im staying a long way away

:eek: He's just listed 6 that I'm into.

As such I've just rang my broker today and done the old "soho double up" on them.

I'm that confident I've ordered my new Maserati and kicked the Mrs out to trade her in as well for some 19 year old hottie.

soho knows his s**t

maybe i should start a new thread for all my stock plays...?

Have you been posting on HC nut?

A couple of posts there have a range of between 50c - $1 as a takeover figure. What do you think is a reasonable takeover price as I know nothing of the company?

I'm guessing around 60-80 cents.... hopefully more. My personal opinion is it is worth alot more. At present the market cap is about $13million (.26 x 50 million shares. The resource upgrade announced Approximately $300 million worth of antimony in the ground + some Tungsten and Gold. Approx cost to mine it is about $50m. So if the take over price was $1 it would equate to $50million Market cap + $50million to dig it up= $100m for a $300million asset. So $1 still seems a bargain in my eyes for the company that takes it over.

Depends alot on the scoping study due out very soon. The directors just topped up.... I'm guessing that a follow up take-over proposal will be announced soon and any hope of getting in below 30 cents will be gone.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, where do you get your research from soho?

i read a few forums, have a few friends who work in the industry trading the japanese and korean markets, im also studying geology part time, so i read a lot of mining company reports and s**t...

i use ami broker and a few other programs to back test systems, but i tend not to stick to system trading...

i read the speculator and eureka, few other mail outs etc...

another friend works as a receptionist at an advisory firm in tasmania, she sends me brokers reports on various companies when i ask... :)

how about yourself?

Insider trading ftw

Im no Rivkin, but IMO its all about timing (forget about tax for a minute), some people will hold a share for 6 months, and back a 20% gain. But if you know when a report is coming out, an acquistion, you can make that in a day.

MEO classic example, everyone knew they were going to drill at a certain date a few years back. What happens 2-3 weeks before the drill? Even during the drill? Ofcourse it was going to go up. Bam. Made your money.

Another example, and has been mentioned. A speccy, in EIO, has DD on a new acquistion. That annoucement is later this month. Look them up, incredible rise.

We all hope for the multi (MLA today), but most of the time its safe as houses to bet on an anticipated annoucement.

Those are just my thoughts

its not insider trading if its disclosed to the market, which in the cases of the examples you've used, it was...

thats not to say people dont buy in the lead up to landmark dates... i.e. JORC's... its a question of how far out you're willing to buy and hold...

or in CDU's case, if the JORC is going to be a flop...

its not insider trading if its disclosed to the market, which in the cases of the examples you've used, it was...

thats not to say people dont buy in the lead up to landmark dates... i.e. JORC's... its a question of how far out you're willing to buy and hold...

or in CDU's case, if the JORC is going to be a flop...

The insider trading was a seperate statement ;)

I've been into them for a while, mainly with the oppies. They are pretty good value if you believe in the company and you're going to stick around for a while.

Another great day today for CCC, should be testing 9c this week.

Yeah should do well out of the floods. The countries reliant upon our coal exports were nervous about relying so heavily on one supplier before the floods, now that it has happened they will rush to diversify supply. CCC is in a good spot, on the right side of Sth Africa for a short trip to India.

Still thermal coal is very much the poor cousin to coking coal which has lot tighter supply/demand dynamics. One that is running at the moment is AKM. Large prospective coking coal site in Mongolia, one of Ivanhoes subs has already taken a stake which means RIO is on board also. Have a look at RIV to see what could happen here.

If you want to go deeper have a look at the figures released by the Chinese this week re the expansion of their power generation. Huge implications for coal and uranium.

how about yourself?[/quote]

From a number of sources. Mainly from my own research through searches from the net such as sites such as Hot Copper. Also subscriptions to Eureka, Southern Cross, Aust Stock Report. From there I go a bit deeper into the companies they come up with.

I was raised in Kalgoorlie and have a few friends who are brokers, geo's or are now on the boards of a few companies and get a bit of info from them as well.

Here's a few to have a look at this week;

MNM - results out shortly in regards to their coal trial at Baccus Marsh
MNC - Peru copper play, massive deposit - low grade
ADO - biotech company
HOG - oil play in Ukraine coming into production, coy being rerated by market
PEK - rare earth play expecting drill results 1Q 2011
UNX - uranium exporation company, charts look good for a run further coming off rise last week

Picked up UNX & PEK during the week.

Looking at more CCCO this week as well ( order in at 5c ), I have a feeling that they are set to go off shortly and could test 12c over the cioming month. Been in these since July and accumilating frequently

DYOR before investing

RCU (0.07) and RNY (0.115) offer great options for those looking to get some weight against the US and US property markets IMO. RCU in particular has a pretty good dividend (percentage wise) for a 7c stock (assuming it continues as it has done over the last 2-3 years), and seems to be tracking pretty well.

how about yourself?

From a number of sources. Mainly from my own research through searches from the net such as sites such as Hot Copper. Also subscriptions to Eureka, Southern Cross, Aust Stock Report. From there I go a bit deeper into the companies they come up with.

I was raised in Kalgoorlie and have a few friends who are brokers, geo's or are now on the boards of a few companies and get a bit of info from them as well.

Here's a few to have a look at this week;

MNM - results out shortly in regards to their coal trial at Baccus Marsh
MNC - Peru copper play, massive deposit - low grade
ADO - biotech company
HOG - oil play in Ukraine coming into production, coy being rerated by market
PEK - rare earth play expecting drill results 1Q 2011
UNX - uranium exporation company, charts look good for a run further coming off rise last week

Picked up UNX & PEK during the week.

Looking at more CCCO this week as well ( order in at 5c ), I have a feeling that they are set to go off shortly and could test 12c over the cioming month. Been in these since July and accumilating frequently

DYOR before investing[/quote]

Have been involved with UNX since the early days, as noted the chart really has shown that we have turned the corner, after reaching a low of 12c , new board and it has been smooth sailing. More drill results expected before the end of the week i believe, should set it off to around the $1 mark

shankd it, check out the link below for chart explaination for UNX.

The guy who did this knows his stuff when it comes to charting. He's predicting a possible test of $1.14 over the coming weeks and might be possible if any decent drill results come out shortly.

I like the UNX story and had a punt last week hoping for a run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shRlykDlYds

DYOR

shankd it, check out the link below for chart explaination for UNX.

The guy who did this knows his stuff when it comes to charting. He's predicting a possible test of $1.14 over the coming weeks and might be possible if any decent drill results come out shortly.

I like the UNX story and had a punt last week hoping for a run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shRlykDlYds

DYOR

Thanks mate , im guessing you frequent another forum and discuss the stock , very intelligent charts, lets hope his predicition is spot on, because the trading on the stock today was quite strange , should be an interesting week.

here is to hoping we pass the resistance at 80c and onto $1 with some solid news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back