Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumped on ICN and SSN recently. Hopefully the litigation dramas surrounding ICN and Beach die down. That massive LNG deal with China is going to take off once they're set. Got in at $.205.

Reports are good for SSN as well. Jumped on at $.190 just recently, nothing doing at the moment though.

Get off ICN, that mou with the chinese is worthless they don't have any gas.

Have a few grand to invest at present; any strong tips?

I'm in on GBG and GTE; just about to sell out of LSR.

Missed BPT (my buy order was in the low .70s, but it didn't get back there).

VRX sounds interesting; what else is worth checking out?

Any precious or gold stocks people are clued in on?

BigBurgs, these still giving you a clue?

Have a few grand to invest at present; any strong tips?

I'm in on GBG and GTE; just about to sell out of LSR.

Missed BPT (my buy order was in the low .70s, but it didn't get back there).

VRX sounds interesting; what else is worth checking out?

Any precious or gold stocks people are clued in on?

BigBurgs, these still giving you a clue?

Hey mate, I am on BKP but I think thats a bit of a long termer. I used to own GBG but bailed due to their iron ore being fairly low in grade compared to others like AGO and IOH.

My big one which I will happily hold for a very long time is MHM. They have exclusive global rights to a new technology which turns previously 100% wasted material that is a product of aluminium smeltering into 100% recyclable and commercial materials. The waste is called Aluminium salt slag and previously the smelters have been depositing it into land fills which means there may be large deposits suitable for the process so MHM in the short term would not be reliant on output from the smelters. Australia has now banned disguarding the salt slag to landfills along with Europe, Canada and it looks like the US will in the not too distant future.

They have a money making plant near Geelong which is about to be fully commissioned but is already turning a large monthly profit. Also they have a joint feasibility study in the US with one of the largest smelting companies over there which could see their estimated profits go up maybe 5 or 6 times on estimations. Current estimates of profit for the next year looks like they'll be making around $8.5m a year roughly off the top of my head once the plant is fully commissioned. Apparently they are in talks with Alcoa as well whose parent company owns 25 aluminium smelters world wide.

Theres shitloads more I could write about MHM but can't be bothered. Basically considering their potential and the fact their current market cap is only about $120m I reckon they are a long term buy and a bargain at the moment.

I think if you check out their website you should be able to find some broker recommendations on them. They'll have valuations attached. I won't speculate but I am very confident I'll see solid gains in the future.

MHM seems to be in a bit of a sideways trend/accumulation period at the moment. PRobably between 0.90 (about 50% of the move from 20c > 1.45) and 1.40. Might have a look at getting in at the bottom end of this range (around $1.00) or once it starts moving out.

MHM flying today on no news. If it holds above $1.30 this week I'll be stoked.
Haha indeed. Thought of you today and laughed. Ill keep an eye on things...

CCC finally had some positive movement today. Really been struggling late on a big downtrend over the last 2-4 months from 8.5c to 5.5c. Hopefully, things will be turning around now for it and we will see another run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy did you get on MHM? If not but you want to I'd seriously consider waiting a couple of days. I think there might be a bit of a sell off at the end of the week after gains like these.

based on the news about the socialite flying around today, it seems to make a big profit, you gotta be inside.

gordon gekko - "if you're not INSIDE, you're OUTSIDE"

Does anyone know of any companies on the ASX that either mine uranium or have exploration operations that have recently been abandoned or stopped due to the current crisis in Japan or because of pressure from shareholders because of the uncertain future of nuclear energy?

Are there any companies that stand out to you business minded folk? I don't know much about business or companies on the ASX that deal with mining or exploration of uranium.

Does anyone know of any companies on the ASX that either mine uranium or have exploration operations that have recently been abandoned or stopped due to the current crisis in Japan or because of pressure from shareholders because of the uncertain future of nuclear energy?

Are there any companies that stand out to you business minded folk? I don't know much about business or companies on the ASX that deal with mining or exploration of uranium.

i'm not exactly a "business minded folk" but take a look at PEN..

was sitting at around 14c before japan, went down to mid 5's... now been hovering from 7-9 for the past 2-3 weeks..

i'm not exactly a "business minded folk" but take a look at PEN..

was sitting at around 14c before japan, went down to mid 5's... now been hovering from 7-9 for the past 2-3 weeks..
PEN had run very hard before the Japanese thing happened. They were probably going to come back a bit regardless but this has hurt it a bit more.

Could someone explain to me the difference between oppies/options & 'heads', which I assume are the 'normal' shares? How are they different, why do oppies carry more risk, what is meant by 'converting oppies' and how does the head price affect whether a person would choose to convert or not.

Could someone explain to me the difference between oppies/options & 'heads', which I assume are the 'normal' shares? How are they different, why do oppies carry more risk, what is meant by 'converting oppies' and how does the head price affect whether a person would choose to convert or not.
If you buy an option you can convert it to a head for a certain predetermined price. There is an expiry date for options though and the closer you get to the expiry date the less the option is theoretically worth see black scholes model. Here is an example of why options are a higher risk but potentially greater return.

Share price of company XYZ is 4 cents. Options available on share market are currently priced at 1.5 cents with 3 cent conversion price expiring in 1 year. That means if you want to convert the option at the moment you will have to pay 4.5 cents total when the market value of the share is only worth 4 cents so you wouldn't want to do that. But then if the share price of XYZ goes to 10 cents the options will be valued at about 7 cents. If you bought heads at 4 cents you would've made 150% if the price hits 10 cents but if you bought options then you would've made 466%. If the share price depreciates from 4 cents to 2 cents then the options are virtually worth nothing because conversion is more than the head price on the market so instead of losing 50% on the heads you would lose 100% with the options.

I hope this is clear enough.

If you buy an option you can convert it to a head for a certain predetermined price. There is an expiry date for options though and the closer you get to the expiry date the less the option is theoretically worth see black scholes model. Here is an example of why options are a higher risk but potentially greater return.

Share price of company XYZ is 4 cents. Options available on share market are currently priced at 1.5 cents with 3 cent conversion price expiring in 1 year. That means if you want to convert the option at the moment you will have to pay 4.5 cents total when the market value of the share is only worth 4 cents so you wouldn't want to do that. But then if the share price of XYZ goes to 10 cents the options will be valued at about 7 cents. If you bought heads at 4 cents you would've made 150% if the price hits 10 cents but if you bought options then you would've made 466%. If the share price depreciates from 4 cents to 2 cents then the options are virtually worth nothing because conversion is more than the head price on the market so instead of losing 50% on the heads you would lose 100% with the options.

I hope this is clear enough.

That's really great, thanks. When is it in a companies interest to prevent holders from converting?

That's really great, thanks. When is it in a companies interest to prevent holders from converting?

Converting from options to fpos gives the company a cash injection so it's very rarely they would want to prevent this. It's generally the shareholders who don't want further dilution of the share pool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back