Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

BMN could be a good buy at the moment. Sitting around a nice support at 30c, with plenty of upside - particularly with that 'gap' from 60-65c that so many stocks like to fill after time.

Am still holding EIO

plenty of shakes of the tree, and its perfectly understandable! A player in the ititial Energio restructuring was was also part of MUI. Shesh, is that a reputable stock! They did a 2m capital raising at 1c, (200m shares), and then issued themselves 420m shares at .0001c ($42,000). That link is well and truelly severed, but as i said its understandable.

However, from hearing things, Ian Burston is tilting to become chairman of the company, and therefore nearly the whole board will be flush with heavyweights in the mining industry. Short term I don't expect to see too much movement above the last cap raising price, especially with the consolidation up coming.

Ian Burston- http://investing.businessweek.com/b...Id=2954862&previousTitle=ALEXIS MINERALS CORP

The run they have had the last few days worries me. Surely due for a break? If you bought in a month ago you'd be sitting on 50%+ profit. Long term upside to 12c though.

Im starting to watch all that guys ('TradetheTrade' is his username. Link here for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/TradeTheTrade) videos. Trying to pick out the ones I like from it. Great to get a feel and then do your own research from there. He has done all those 3 (DEG, KAS, BOW) in recent weeks already and all look great options. BOW and KAS just need to break through the zones they are in and they will be away.

Got into DEG today. See how it goes. Should hit 10c relatively quickly if it can push through the 0.065 resistance.

Still hoping UNX can go bang soon too.

UNX came out yesterday with some decent drill results with the best of the lot being 68m @ 1094 ppm eU308. First 14 of 60 drill holes published with the remainder over the coming weeks.

You have to expect HAW to have some period of consolidation now (which it is already in). Have a look at charts like AVB, UNX, FMJ, etc and the incredible SFR and you will see that after a bit move up (like its had) it needs some time. This is a good thing for the stock, but the next big move will be once it breaks out of this pattern and impulses again. That said, there does seem to be some pretty good support around the 1.5c mark (where it currently is).

Same thing can be said for GTE. Looking at the chart, it had a big move up from 10c to 50c from June-October 2010 and has since gone sideways between 35c and 55c. Note the 4-5 tops it has around that 50-55c mark - this is the key. Once it breaks out above this resistance at 55c, you can expect another move higher, but until then I wouldnt buy as you run the risk of getting on at the top of that trading band (55c) when you really want to be accumulating towards the bottom (35-40c assuming its holding).

Anyways, I came on to post that it seems like plenty of stocks are around key support levels at the moment. If the market can turn (Dow dropped 175 points last night though!) I think some of these will end up looking fantastic buys. Here are a few risk and rewards I have put together for some stocks over the last week or two. Most of the entry levels lie near or around key support levels that have thus far held up pretty well.

WBC

Entry: $21.50
Stop: $20.75
Target: $24.50
Reward 1: $3.00(14.0%)
Risk: $0.75 (3.5%)

QBE

Entry: $17.12
Stop: $16.80
Target: $19.50
Reward: $2.38 (13.9%)
Risk: $0.32 (1.9%)

SBM

Entry: $1.75
Stop: $1.68
Target: $2.35
Reward: $0.60 (34.3%)
Risk: $0.07 (4.0%)

BMN

Entry: $0.30 (Key horizontal resistance)
Stop: $0.27
Target 1: $0.40
Target 2: $0.50
Reward 1: $0.10(33.3%)
Reward 2: $0.20 (66.7%)
Risk: $0.03 (10.0%)

I might post the charts over the next week or two - just dont have time at the moment.

You have to expect HAW to have some period of consolidation now (which it is already in). Have a look at charts like AVB, UNX, FMJ, etc and the incredible SFR and you will see that after a bit move up (like its had) it needs some time. This is a good thing for the stock, but the next big move will be once it breaks out of this pattern and impulses again. That said, there does seem to be some pretty good support around the 1.5c mark (where it currently is).

Same thing can be said for GTE. Looking at the chart, it had a big move up from 10c to 50c from June-October 2010 and has since gone sideways between 35c and 55c. Note the 4-5 tops it has around that 50-55c mark - this is the key. Once it breaks out above this resistance at 55c, you can expect another move higher, but until then I wouldnt buy as you run the risk of getting on at the top of that trading band (55c) when you really want to be accumulating towards the bottom (35-40c assuming its holding).

Anyways, I came on to post that it seems like plenty of stocks are around key support levels at the moment. If the market can turn (Dow dropped 175 points last night though!) I think some of these will end up looking fantastic buys. Here are a few risk and rewards I have put together for some stocks over the last week or two. Most of the entry levels lie near or around key support levels that have thus far held up pretty well.

WBC

QBE

Entry: $17.12
Stop: $16.80
Target: $19.50
Reward: $2.38 (13.9%)
Risk: $0.32 (1.9%)

SBM

Entry: $1.75
Stop: $1.68
Target: $2.35
Reward: $0.60 (34.3%)
Risk: $0.07 (4.0%)

BMN

Entry: $0.30 (Key horizontal resistance)
Stop: $0.27
Target 1: $0.40
Target 2: $0.50
Reward 1: $0.10(33.3%)
Reward 2: $0.20 (66.7%)
Risk: $0.03 (10.0%)

I might post the charts over the next week or two - just dont have time at the moment.
how are you setting your stops? falling sell triggers?

Im setting them based on the support levels I see in these stocks. Once they break through these, I would be looking to get out. For example, BMN has pretty strong horizontal support at 30c, and if this was to be broken (and not regained quickly) then a more substantial move down would be imminent IMO (hence Ive set the stop at 27c).

I dont actually hold any of the stocks above (poor uni student) but am completing the exercise to see how we go. Logistically, all share trading accounts (eg commsec) allow you to set stops.

I think the charts on those four especially look great.

All happening the last few days.

BMN has broken that 30c mark and stuggled (low of 25c yesterday, and 25.5c today) and looks in trouble. Can probably expect it to try and regain the 30c soon but otherwise its trouble.

QBE issued a profit warning today, which makes its charting a bit irrelevent. Could argue its still in that trend channel, but its make or break time for it. Will need to turn soon (much like the market) or it could be trouble.

SBM today was pushed up nicely on a announcement from CAH that it wont be pursuing a potential takeover/merger with SBM. Had a high of 2.10 (20% return on entry) but ended up closing at 1.945 (up about 6-7% for the day). The key is that it has broken outside of the downtrend line now, and looks good for a move up. Very confident.

SPM is another one I am watching, and it also had an announcement today about a grant from the government to fund some exploration.

All happening!

Datamotion (ASX:DMN) has bombed out with its Mt Barrett results and hit rock bottom at 0.1c today. Still has interesting projects in Moruya and Pambula and its core SecureMail business to fall back on. Worth a punt?

I was speaking to my broker on the weekend and he was talking up Metrocoal MTE. He thinks they are a 10 bagger over the next 18 months. They were up 14% today, I don't hold any.

He was trying to get me into them when they were about 15c a couple of years ago.

DYOR as they hold good ground in the Surat Basin.

TGS up 8.5% on big turnover today. I tipped them 2 weeks ago, going to get rerated on their production. $1 by years end, maybe.

MTE up 20% today on takeover rumours. Up 100% since April. TGS brought out another production update today, good news as well. Price still kicking around 50c.

Nice to see some TGS love on here, I have been big on them since 2008. I reduced my holding on Friday but still have decent exposure.

I like LYC short term. Catalyst being Friday's announcement with Siemens, their basket price of REE being well over $200 and positive environmental review last week. There shouldn't be much of a delay to meet the conditions set out in that review.

Also like RFE. George Soros and Macquarie bank are really bullish on this project and took most of the recent 28.5m placement. SP has just broken out of it's recent trend in between 35-40c trend so this is a buy for me.

Also see short term value with gold juniors CAH, CHN and KGL.

BMN could be a good buy at the moment. Sitting around a nice support at 30c, with plenty of upside - particularly with that 'gap' from 60-65c that so many stocks like to fill after time.

Ive posted other things on this stock recently (see above).

It broke its key support at the 30c and plummetted to a low of 20.5 but has since rocketed back up to reclaim the 30c, and push on to 38.5c.

Now, it has received a takeover bid of 61.2c per share.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who have time cast your eyes of the story of EVM.

It's compelling viewing given the current political climate, intellectual property value and call option recently executed.

Forced off Australian shores, will be welcomed back with open arms.

Those looking for a short term giggle get into Brockman this week.

Alchemia (ACL) today announced it has received USA FDA approval for their generic drug Fondaparinux. It is up 30% today once the trading halt was lifted.

It was a very long delay and frustrating delay for all holders, but the approval transforms ACL with a company maker asset that will lead to revenue streams for the biotech company.

It's currently 80 cents. Plenty of upside still left once this drug starts to hit the shelves and revenue actually starts to come online. There is also the possibility of further trial funding for future products.

It's done it!

SDL takeover announcement at 50c out this morning, shares up 20% today. Very cheap for 50c. Expect another offer to come through in the coming month or so.

Hanlong being very cheeky thinking that they can come in and pick up the company before their finance agreement being finalised.

Some brokers have a value of 80c.

DYOR

WBC

g'day lakey. where do you see the next support level for WBC? I'm thinking around 18.50.

Incidently, i would've put the stop around 21.00, or just below. That was the old support level - 20.75 was giving too much to the market.

On a fundamentals level banks are really starting to present great value.

The whole banking sector is at an interesting stage. Plenty of issues worldwide for the banks, and currently the sector (and many of the banks) have slipped below key support levels.

Those levels need to be reclaimed quickly, otherwise there could be further downside. You are right in that $21.00 would have been a slightly better stop. You will find that WBC has traded between $21 and $25 over the last 12 months in a big period of consolidation and accumulation. It is slightly below this now, and thus a break south is a possibility. You will find most of the banks are in this spot though, with only the NAB currently holding on to its key support at the moment (but I dont think it will last).

I would agree that a move below $20 (or not reclaiming and holding $21 soon) will probably see it move down into that $18.00-$18.50 range.

Some great dividend yields to be on these stocks soon.

ESG, BMN, MCC, SDL all stocks on my watch list, all under takeover offers currently.

Huge week for equities and risk is back on in the market. Might be wise to switch some money into cash next week.

My long term holds in RFE, CAH, KGL, CHN, LYC, AVA, TGS all performed quite strongly.

I'm really bullish on RFE in particular. Could climb quickly.

Those who have time cast your eyes of the story of EVM.

It's compelling viewing given the current political climate, intellectual property value and call option recently executed.

Forced off Australian shores, will be welcomed back with open arms.

Those looking for a short term giggle get into Brockman this week.

Anyone listen?

Bought a 10k parcel at an avg of $3.00 sold out an avg of 3.75 over the past few days.

Love it.

Have been following a mob of shell company directors. Harry Fung inparticular. He was the one who worked on MUI, dished out millions of 1c shares to themselves when the shareprice was 2c plus.

Then issused 420m shared at .0001c each (yes thats right...1/1000th of a cent) to themselves.

Pushed in a mongolian coal asset, then left. BTW the DD lapsed and now they have to raise another 3m to execute it! I had my share broker trying to ram these shitty shares down my throat. HA!

Anyway the man has now moved onto two new projects. ASQ & FTD corp. I've been watching them issue shares at all sorts of prices to themselves (.005 cents, .001 cents, .01c), setting up conversion loans to 'private' entities ($200,000 to be converted into 1c share post consolidation....1/20th of the share price)

A personal highlight in all of this was during a recent fanastic annoucement (the shares arent trading atm) for the FTD corporation, poor Harry gets his two companies mixed up. In the accouncement he points out how the project will bring considerable value uplift for ASQ shareholders....

Great work harry & keep it up champ. And everyone, dont get suckered into the upcoming capital raising for either FTD or ASQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back