Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the look of the chart on this one. Picked some up yesterday at 47.

cheers. :thumbsu:

Both LYC and RFE are up strongly.

I'd skimmed some off the top on both stocks today but I still think both should be very strong in the medium term.

I've been buying KGL. Think this has incredible medium to long term value and anything under 10c is a bargain. Was trading in between 7 and 9c for a lot of the last month but now it's back up to 10.5c. Intersuisse value it @ 48c (77c unrisked) and that's not factoring in their large exploration potential. Really rate their MD (Simon Milroy) and their recent takeover of Jinka Metals is proving to be a shrewd move. Kentor has 40m to 50m cash @ hand meaning if the markets do fall over, they will survive and not have to raise equity in tough market conditions. Link to Intersuisse report below.

http://www.kentorgold.com.au/PDF/2011July07BrokerReport.pdf

All the banks have been smashed, all bar CBA (market not yet closed) have hit 52 week lows today.

WBC & MQG by far the worst, their charts look horrid.

Am going in for a punt with RIO, could see a 5-10% rise easily with a good profit and improvement in the market over the next week.

Keen eye on CBA, WBC and QBE with their dividend returns and potential capital gains. Depending on market conditions, they could be plenty of further downside though as they have all just broken key resistance.

MHM I like. Look how you would have gone over the past 9 months buying at 95c, as it is now.

Well that was an instant fail. RIO's profit way below the expected, but still a record. RIO trading 3.5% lower on the London exchange. Darn.

Actually, not quite. The technical definition of a correction is a fall between 10%-20% from the most recent market high. A bear market is one where the fall is more than 20%. Most markets are still in the "correction" phase.

In any event, a number of "blue chip" shares are starting to approach prices that haven't been since for 12 months, at least.

I'm looking at CBA, BHP, RIO, FMG, and a few others at the moment. Also waiting on reporting season to get properly underway.

Massive night tonight on the dow.

July monthly job report to be delivered. If it misses expectations, it could be brutal again.

Rio getting hammered today.

CBA, WBC, QBE all entering attractive prices and great dividends.

MQG smashed again! As lakey said will be very interesting to see what happens tonight on the Dow. Futures pointing lower again. The US has been down s**t creek for some time, but could this be the beginning of the end of the superpower status? They have a long road to recovery if they go into that double dip. The repayment of their huge debts are so reliant on growth. The republicans need to get a good candidate with a solid economic background to challenge Obama IMO otherwise the political system in the US is going to be one of the biggest hurdles to getting things done

Very bumpy ride on friday!

Was down 240 pts but then rocketed about 400 points in an hour. Ridiculous stuff, but Id reckon a few day traders would have loved it.

Jobs report was positive, but the dow only lifted 60 points, and is still in that downtrend channel.

Any idea's on what will happen monday? DOW was up 60 on their friday, but big news may have come out after trading closed. Has it been priced in? Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PreMarket US Trading has the Dow up 30 points, the Nasdaq down and the S&P flat.

Australian futures are looking flat currently, as we probably needed a more certain movement friday to get any firm lead. Dow trading friday was up, as you mentioned, but it was very very choppy. Id imagine investors would be very very wary though.

Might be safer to move into blue chips due to all the volatility out there.
WOW looks like a good long term buy at this price.

RBA better not cut rates inflation will fly up.

All eyes are on the US. IMO this is just panic. The market factored in the slowing in growth last week with the large falls. We are falling off panic and speculation. The fundamentals of the blue chips are still there. CBA forecast for a 6.5b profit etc. And as has been said S&P's downgrade is just a reason for people to act irrationally. Payroll in the US was up for gods sake, many of the big American companies are posting good results. And lastly, as Mr Greenspan has said, the US will never default, they can just print more money. Be brave whilst others are cautious.

the US will never default, they can just print more money.

a lot of what you said made good sense, then you ruined it all with that ridiculous comment.

anyone who thinks printing more money would help anything needs to study economics 101

Ofcourse I realize what would happen in that case, the case being a mass money printing exercise. But it was more an example of who has the real power of US currency based bonds. ( ignore spelling grammar I write all this off an iPhone!)

Prepare for another sell down. Ridiculous! As I have said I think this is a massive overreaction. I feel sorry for alot of retirees, today will be a very stressful day. BTW loving the ignorance of the republicans who completely rule out any tax increases, doing confidence in the system a world of good fellas!

Brutal again. Rio down another $3.50 in premarket trading to $65.00

CBA hitting $45.00

BHP down $1.60 to $35.00
WBC at $18.50
QBE at $13.90

All great blue chip stocks with fantastic dividends and solid profits coming up.

FMG and SFR, along with many junior miners getting into some nice territory too.

Wow. Down nearly 5% again.

I wish I had a tonne of cash right now. MQG dividend $1.86 & sp at nearly $21. Thats close to a 9% return on a near record low. BHP hitting new lows with record profit due soon. Same with CBA & co.

Quick everyone, hit the panic button!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back