Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

ASX about breaking even now for today.

raptor.png

Rumour and speculation rule the day. God help us when some actual negative data comes out. Sit & observe today.

QBE 5 year low. Swooped in. Interim Dividend of 66c ex date later this month as well. full year dividend yield above 10%

Gold stocks all on technical breakouts today.

Lagging the AUD gold price by some margin. You can buy that as well, ticker: GOLD. Which broke out the other day.

I wouldn't be backing anything but consumer staples and only in cash for most people.

Gold and gold stocks are the only other reason to be in.

Would not be surprised to see us below 3000. 2800 was my predicted low previously, but I will be buying other things below 3400 if it gets there.

A default in europe is a dead cert. So people should wait for that, really.

Perhaps, but if I had alot of cash, I would think now would be a good time to put a fair wad in. American & Australian businesses are reporting good results, and governments are atleast taking actions to stem the debt addiction. There has yet to be any actual bad results (ie bad reporting, jobs data, defaults, guidance) besides one rating agency lowering its imaginary rating.

Greece may default, but as Alan Kohl said, their economy is roughly the size of the state of Florida. Another point I like is one Warren Buffet made, that pointed out that American debt compared to GDP was roughly 120% after WW2. Its currently 98% (*have seen a few diff numbers fly around).

Oh & the futures up 150.

You have to be very careful though. That's what I'm saying.

The market leads these other factors. Growth is not out pacing inflation, which is why people need to be in gold, to some extent now.

And there will be a default. Certain autonomous regions in Spain are already officially bankrupt - like Castille and La Mancha. Portugal is completely stuffed. As is Andalucia. You may shrug your shoulders at Greece, but some of the others you can't.

That being said, I bought some gold breakouts today.

Perhaps, but if I had alot of cash, I would think now would be a good time to put a fair wad in. American & Australian businesses are reporting good results, and governments are atleast taking actions to stem the debt addiction. There has yet to be any actual bad results (ie bad reporting, jobs data, defaults, guidance) besides one rating agency lowering its imaginary rating.

Greece may default, but as Alan Kohl said, their economy is roughly the size of the state of Florida. Another point I like is one Warren Buffet made, that pointed out that American debt compared to GDP was roughly 120% after WW2. Its currently 98% (*have seen a few diff numbers fly around).

Oh & the futures up 150.

You will do well listening to Chops.

You have to be very careful though. That's what I'm saying.

The market leads these other factors. Growth is not out pacing inflation, which is why people need to be in gold, to some extent now.

And there will be a default. Certain autonomous regions in Spain are already officially bankrupt - like Castille and La Mancha. Portugal is completely stuffed. As is Andalucia. You may shrug your shoulders at Greece, but some of the others you can't.

That being said, I bought some gold breakouts today.

Same here for my SMSF

Anyone buying QBE is a muppet.

QBE 5 year low. Swooped in. Interim Dividend of 66c ex date later this month as well. full year dividend yield above 10%

I have been watching QBE closely for a while, mainly due to its incredible dividend and also for its upside. It sounds good in theory, but I remain quite questionable of its potential for capital gains until it gets out of its current downtrend.

Check this out, and you will see what I mean:

http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Sportylake/?action=view&current=QBELTMonthly.jpg

or

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/qbeltmonthly.jpg/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought reasonably big into a WA junior miner at the beginning of the year.

Predictions? Are the problems in the U.S + Europe going to have a chain reaction & somehow affect China's appetite for Iron Ore? I'm really ignorant about it, laymans explanation please.

Greece may default, but as Alan Kohl said, their economy is roughly the size of the state of Florida. Another point I like is one Warren Buffet made, that pointed out that American debt compared to GDP was roughly 120% after WW2. Its currently 98% (*have seen a few diff numbers fly .
Buffet has been embarrassing himself lately with his lame comments, attempting to create bullish sentiment. What he fails to mention about the previous debt issue from WWII is that Personal debt was very low then. Now they have high govt debt and high personal debt. He also fails to mention the crippling 50 trillion owed in welfare on top of the 14 trillion in sovereign debt. The US is completely stuffed. This will take decades to fix.

NWE getting hit this morning after coming out of trading hault due to delay with Arrowsmith‐2 frac.

It's an all or nothing play, I'm hoping they get all :)

On this too, an educated punt, some great tenements and shale gas/oil in Australia is the next frontier after the phenomenon it's been over in the US. Drilling/fraccing results to come out within a couple months, if the results come through this will be ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back