Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Anyone had the pleasure of getting Bursitis?

I have been training Muay Thai for around 7 years on and off. For a few years now I have been getting hip and groin pain coming and going. During the day I work a desk job so I spend most of the day sitting down before going hard at training after work.

I can't see to shake this swollen bursa, it keeps coming back whenever I ramp up the training intesity (obviously kicking heaps). Anyone had any success getting rid of their hip pain?

I have been training Muay Thai for around 7 years on and off. For a few years now I have been getting hip and groin pain coming and going. During the day I work a desk job so I spend most of the day sitting down before going hard at training after work.

I can't see to shake this swollen bursa, it keeps coming back whenever I ramp up the training intesity (obviously kicking heaps). Anyone had any success getting rid of their hip pain?

It's hard to get rid of it by doing hip strengthening exercises as that usually only inflames it. Corticosteroid injection into the bursa could be a good option

Yeah I thought about a cortizone injection but were not sure if there were any downsides to that? It just seems so bloody hard to pin point what the problem is body mechanics wise. I'm booked in for a scan now so hopefully that sheds some more light on the issue.

Yeah I thought about a cortizone injection but were not sure if there were any downsides to that? It just seems so bloody hard to pin point what the problem is body mechanics wise. I'm booked in for a scan now so hopefully that sheds some more light on the issue.

Usually the involved bursa around the hip is the trochanteric bursa. And the muscle usually involved is gluteus medius. So friction between the muscle, bursa and bone causing inflammation.
Glut med is an external rotator of the hip so it is likely you have some abnormal biomechanics in terms of internal rotation to external rotation strength around the hip.
The injection should leave you in decreased pain, which can then allow you to see someone to get some good exercises to change your biomechanics and strength.

Yeah I had upper outside thigh bursitis . . . I guess the trick would be not to use it for a while. In my case it took a week . . . The bursitis is aggravated by certain movements which is why the doc asks you if it hurts when you move your leg, etc.

interesting to get it in your knees. I know people who get it in their elbows but didnt think you could get it in the knees.
Cats Fan you know your sh!t eh? It seems core strength is the key to everything as the physio wants me to do a lot excersises that build up just below the navel... it involves the muscles you can feel when you retract/pull your balls up into your body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back