Anyone jumped off Scott Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shall I reinterate the bit about "and if"

:)

You're just annoyed about the Ablett/Cox collision that breaks both their fibias. in round 5. even though they aren't playing each other.

I'd be quite happy with that collision at the moment, I don't have Gaz and 95% will have Coxy I reckon, so no loss :)

The thing about lucas is- two 100+ games in a row will skyrocket his price.

We know that he is capable of it... and if he does it, then he'll be an easy upgrade...

yeah....I am really curious to see how he will go tonight. If they play him really deep to allow Gumby and company to play up the ground I won't touch him with a 10foot barge pole.

If, on the other hand he play his usual role playing further up the ground I think he will be a great pick up.

I might just start without him and if he does well in the first 2 weeks I'll pick him up. It's a waste of a trade but so would trading him 'cos he is scoring 40s. A real 50/50 this one.

Jump off at your own peril.

I'll take the risk, wont get great supply this year, and is in his twilight years.

He will improve in price, almost has to get injured again not to, but will he average enough so you dont have to just trade him 6 games in?

Knights has already said that Gumbleton won't play as a true KPF this year, as he isn't strong enough yet. As Lloyd will continue to play up the ground, Lucas will be a major focus in the forward line.

I'd be surprised if he didn't average 80 odd.

I'd be surprised if he didn't average 80 odd.

You might be right, but i am starting to wonder if consistency is going to be the main issue with Lucas. I can see potential for 120+ scores if the match is played on Essendon's terms, but also a lot of sub 50 scores if it isnt. Very Fevolaesque. There is a lot of scope for an early upgrade if he has a decent start, but he really doesnt look like a keeper any more.

hes still underdone.. he just needs as many games as poissible.. i dnt see him hitting straps til round 3 or so..

som pple r so reactional wen the real stuff starts they will see

First time reading this thread...always wondered how this discussion could get to 6 pages...now i know why :eek:

On topic, you would have thought he was a lock at the start of the year.. a year out with injury is nothing new. The year before im pretty sure he was priced at mid 500's. After watching him though, im pretty damn hesitant. He looks more than rusty, he looks lost.

A player im surprised no one has mentioned is Stuey Dew. At 375k, playing for the hawks, with a bit of fitness (i think) he must be at least worth considering?

a year out with injury is nothing new.

[I could be wrong here!]...but coming back (successfully at least!) from a PCL would be something new...

If anyone can name someone I'm all ears...

...As for Dew, I was all over him last year...crowed away when he got 100+ rd. 1 (and Stevens had a poor game)...except it didn't last long! :eek:

Reasonably common knowledge that he'll be used in bursts (ie. low TOG) this year...although given injury concerns could easily have a big game or two early. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people are saying "he needs more time" - And i agree with this...
BUT the thing is he is in a s**t team and will more often than not be playing deep in the forward line.
I just cannot see him scoring more than 50 per game.
Include him at your own peril but i think you are likely to regret it.
SUF

It might be a little late then. I've jumped off. I've got Sylvia instead. Im still tossing up between him and T. Cloke.

Thats a bit like choosing which nostril you want to pick. Sounds like a good idea and it will make it easier to breathe, but you'll just get left with a sticky mess.:D

You mean you are going Out: Lucas, In: Krakouer, right? ;) My mate spoke to a footballer who knows Lucas, and apparently he has sore knees.

Krakouer has actually been in my team for a few weeks now, way before it broke on the DT/SC boards ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back