Are Richmond supporters stupid enough to think that this “role player” excuse will actually wash?

Remove this Banner Ad

So your watching our reserves now, I guess its nice to watch some decent youth play once in a while.

No, I was alerted to an assault against a North player that took place during a VFL game. The second assault on a North player in a weekend (the other may have been by Richmond-related people too, though I'm not certain)

If the perpetrator was any good, it'd be on the front page of the newspaper. Small mercies, I guess :)

No, I was alerted to an assault against a North player that took place during a VFL game. The second assault on a North player in a weekend (the other may have been by Richmond-related people too, though I'm not certain)

If the perpetrator was any good, it'd be on the front page of the newspaper. Small mercies, I guess :)
Sonsie has since been charged with striking, graded intentional, severe and high contact. He was referred directly to the VFL Tribunal and is facing a minimum sanction of five games. “It seems as though there's been a very significant incident at the VFL,” journalist Sam McLure said on 3AW.

I'm more shocked that you listen to Sam McClure:oops:

Hang on did the article say journalist, now there is a case of artistic license.

You'll need it for Pickett and Sonsie's lawyers :)

And Stack's too - is he still on your list?
We delisted Stack at the end of last year.

Shame he acted the damn fool because he could play. But no one said footy players were mensa club members.

Shame he acted the damn fool because he could play. But no one said footy players were mensa club members.

Ah, I missed that because I was too busy celebrating another massive flag (surrounded by Swans fans though - gross)

He didn't have a strong male role model/father figure growing up, which probably explains partly why Stack didn't have the discipline and or work ethic to knuckle down, train his ass off and stay out of trouble off field.

It's a shame because Stack did have a lot of talent that alas is going to go to waste, unless another club with a stronger culture with better family values like Carlton can pick him and rehabilitate him, like Geelong did with Steggles

I was in a huge group of Geelong supporters and I think they took pity on me.
I even gave the nice old lady next to me the Zach Tuohy badge I had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't have a strong male role model/father figure growing up, which probably explains partly why Stack didn't have the discipline and or work ethic to knuckle down, train his ass off and stay out of trouble off field.

It's a shame because Stack did have a lot of talent that alas is going to go to waste, unless another club with a stronger culture with better family values like Carlton can pick him and rehabilitate him, like Geelong did with Steggles

Yeah it's a bit sad seeing these young stars taken down in their prime due to careless club cultures, or worse, intentionally aggressive club cultures.

Look at Bailey Smith - he's just trying to carve out a career and he's got a coach who's breaking his wrist punching whiteboards at half time. That's no environment for a young footy player to develop in - that's neanderthal stuff.

When there wa talk of DeGoey maybe going to Geelong, at first I thought it might be locker room poison, but I thought a bit more deeply on it and realised that for Jordan DeGoey, Geelong was the best destination he could hope for if he wanted to turn his life around, rather than have a footy club cover up his misdemeanous.

Alas.

Another?

Which other flags have you been celebrating recently?

Oh heaps - the Cats just keep winning! And my football team scored a podium finish in a big tournament recently - not really a flag, I guess. More of a medal, but the idea's the same.

What about you guys? Any luck in the last few years?

Oh heaps - the Cats just keep winning! And my football team scored a podium finish in a big tournament recently - not really a flag, I guess. More of a medal, but the idea's the same.

What about you guys? Any luck in the last few years?
Enjoy that local win with your mates, they're actually more important in a lot of ways.

Im not unhappy with our recent years to be honest, if you won every year it would be great for s**t stirring on the Bay but pretty boring in the end, its the losing years that make the winning years feel so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back