Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

They do have a Christmas break. Everyone needs to have a little patience. Last year we were applauding how good the media department were!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it’s been 5 weeks and counting. There was a report that the head of our communications had left the club late last year.

Right now we’re commenting on the drop off of content, and other facets, from our media team.

Other clubs are producing some great content right now.

I think it's reasonable to expect a bit of a drop off over the christmas break of content but this feels like a bit longer than the club would ideally like. If it wasn't for Instagram, I would have no idea that the club is training or doing anything at all. If we're going to convince more people to sign up as members, need to increase the content big time over the next month.

There has been a significant drop off compared to last year. Removing our comms guy was a very poor decision and I hope whatever financial reason in doing so is proving worth it. We absolutely should be capitalising on our successful season and it doesn't feel like we've done a good job in doing that.

There has been a significant drop off compared to last year. Removing our comms guy was a very poor decision and I hope whatever financial reason in doing so is proving worth it. We absolutely should be capitalising on our successful season and it doesn't feel like we've done a good job in doing that.
Completely agree, it’s a terrible time to be dropping the ball.
With us footy tragics just craving more and more after the first successful season in 10yrs.

Hi Lions Insider
I think pre game we should make a bigger deal in opposition team announcements to recognise the former Lions players. Eg when Ben Keays and Josh walker come back to play at Gabba announce them as “former Lions player and much loved player between 2015 and 2019 (or whatever it is) Ben Keays.” Each one could be personalised.

I think it would be appreciated by everyone.

If this is already being done and I have missed it I apologise.

Hi Lions Insider
I think pre game we should make a bigger deal in opposition team announcements to recognise the former Lions players. Eg when Ben Keays and Josh walker come back to play at Gabba announce them as “former Lions player and much loved player between 2015 and 2019 (or whatever it is) Ben Keays.” Each one could be personalised.

Personally I'd rather yell out "boo-urns!" But that's just me.

Hi Lions Insider

In their reserves team, you mean?

FYI peoples, Lions_Insider hasn't logged on since December 5th.

My guess is we’re not going to see a club rep here on BF for a while, unless the club hires or appoints a new head of Social Media content, or gives one of the marketing interns the club is currently advertising for a go at it.
Still the same people.

I think we can assume LI won’t be checking in for a while yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Lions Insider

Except that would require Schache and Rockcliff to be introduced as much loved...let’s not go there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Everyone complaining about lack of media, of course there is. Xmas break is right in the middle of it... it is off season so it is also kinda slow news. We wont get the same level that you get through the season. For preseason coverage, most of the stuff you want to cover is after the xmas break, which they have done.

On top of all that thede has been changes with the media department. Everyone just needs to chill out, it is January. I know we were pretty happy with last season and are now much more keen for the footy to start then we probably have been in the past, but just chill.

Everyone complaining about lack of media, of course there is. Xmas break is right in the middle of it... it is off season so it is also kinda slow news. We wont get the same level that you get through the season. For preseason coverage, most of the stuff you want to cover is after the xmas break, which they have done.

On top of all that thede has been changes with the media department. Everyone just needs to chill out, it is January. I know we were pretty happy with last season and are now much more keen for the footy to start then we probably have been in the past, but just chill.
Sorry but the social media has been poor since half way through last season. Yes we know they have holidays after the season but they have been back for months now and still there is very little if anything in regards to podcasts of interviews of players coaches etc. when there has been a number of them done. I’ve been uploading some of the pods I’ve found which takes bigger all to do. It’s not that hard for someone at the club to it for the rest of the members and fans to listen too. The lack of response from the club when asked about the lack of content is pretty average as well

Half way though!?

I think we are starting to exaggerate time frames now. Successful season and suddenly the expecations have gone through the roof.

Id love more engagement, but i dont think it is gonna happen this season. Too much cost cutting happening.

And again, it has just hit February, so they haven't been back for months. Xmas is end of december. Just because players are back and training doesnt mean the club needs all hands on deck with all areas of staffing, nor does it need the same social presence that it has during the season.

Hi Lions Insider

Only players who were either delisted (i.e. Keays, Walker) or players who leave us after years of service and don't ditch us for a rival club (i.e. Redden, Hanley).

Would be disgusted if we did it for Beams, Rockliff, Aish, Polec and to a lesser extent Yeo and Schache.

And again, it has just hit February, so they haven't been back for months. Xmas is end of december. Just because players are back and training doesnt mean the club needs all hands on deck with all areas of staffing, nor does it need the same social presence that it has during the season.
Sorry but I disagree other afl clubs have kept there supporters up to date with their social media over the break. We have dropped the ball imo

Sorry but I disagree other afl clubs have kept there supporters up to date with their social media over the break. We have dropped the ball imo
I'm curious what your expectations actually are?

I have 15 mins this morning and had a quick look and was shocked to find 150+ posts to Lions facebook (average of 2.5 per day), a couple of dozen to instagram (I imagine there have been dozens of stories on instagram during that time, there have also been 66 articles on lions.com.au. That doesn't include the couple of dozen articles that have appears across all the major papers which the club would have been involved in arranging.

All these since the start of December as even a the most demanding person would think that's a pretty decent effort

We don't know the reason he was removed. Perhaps he was a poor manager? He would have had many other duties and responsibilities that are not seen by the public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back